IGNORED

What does your screen name / username come from?

Jeepthrills
Note: This thread is 2834 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When I play golf sometimes I have to reach internal to calm myself down ;)

Driver: G2
3 Wood: Launcher
Irons: FoundersWedges: Putter: Tru TechBall: The Longest NoodleBag: Grom If you are going to throw a club, it is important to throw it ahead of you, down the fairway, so you don't have to waste energy going back to pick it up. ~Tommy...

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My last name is Cook and of course all my buddies call me Cooker
In My Bag:
Driver: R7 Limited Matrix Ozik X-con Stiff
3 Wood: 909F3 Aldila Voodoo Stiff
Irons: AP1 3-PW DG S200
Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 54° NickelWedge: Forged 60°Putter: Rossa Balls: Pro V1XAvatar: Nicklaus North Golf Course, Whistler BC

mine means: see me before decay. Its a play on my profession, funeral director/ embalmer

Driver: G10 10.5 v2 shaft
3 wood: g10
Irons: I5's green dot
Putter: G5 anser
Wedges: CG12, 52*, 56*Ball: : E6+

My brother used to go by the nickname Hellfire when he played online games, so I took that and combined it with my surname, Kelly, to come up with Kellfire which is a name I primarily began using to play Counter-Strike but I use it on some fora now as well.
In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*
- Launcher 18* Hybrid - 21* Hybrid - S2 Max 5i - SW - MP T-Series 47* - 60* LW - White Hot XG #1

janzaruk - my last name, I am very proud of my Polish heritage.
The best feeling in golf is a long walk with a putter - Greg Norman

In my Atlas Bag
FT-3 9° - Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 63S
X-Tour 3 Wood 15° - TT Stiff MP-60 Irons 3-PW - DGS300 2 Up MP-T 51° 56°(10)/60°(4) Vokey SM Oil Can Studio Style Newport 2 V1xHome Course Bear Slide

I stole mine from a Def Leppard song... I heard the song, and thought it was the most rediculous lyrics I've ever heard... I started saying it singing it over and over at inappropriate times around all of my friends... and it just kind of stuck.

Everyone admires a 315 yard drive... but it's the full swing flop shot from 17 yards out over a greenside bunker onto a downhill slope that lands softer than a butterfly with sunburnt feet and nuzzles up to the pin that I love.

When my buddy or I have a shot like that we will finish out the whole and then have a 'flop off' to see who can land it closer.

oh and 218... my b-day 2/18

In the Bag:

-Driver- 905ti 10.5 deg Speeder Shaft
-3W- R7
-Hybrid- G5 22 deg -Irons- X-16 Reduced Offset Created -GW, SW and PutterAnd a Big 'ole Umbrella!

Behindthedish36 - it is an old school term for catching in baseball. "Green, your behind the dish today with Sanders". My HS nickname was Dish, b/c I was always behind the plate, and has stuck through college to now. 36 has been my only baseball number i have worn. Little league through High school, college, and now.

only other nicknames i have are "Sarge" (senior nco in the US Army) or "Steel" ( another Army nick, I am a forward observer in artillery)

My screen name comes from where I live, and started golfing and number 1 has always been a number I wore in football, basketball and softball.

Also, because I live on the Reservation and a Native American (Yakama Nation)

Bag: XTT Matrix
Driver: Excalibur EXii 10.5*
3 Wood: Excalibur Convex 15*
3 Hybrid: Prestwick PX Pro 19*
4 Hybrid: Prestwick PX Pro 23*Irons: Prestwick PX Pro 5-PWWedges: 588 56*Putter: Xeon 9 Putter (Pinemeadow) Ball: HX Red or Laddie, ProV1 (found on the course)

I was born and raise in the UK
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

Shortly after I picked this name I changed my primary shape to a draw...go figure

The good thing is...I can use 'em both sometimes

I've seen this name on other boards...it's not me! (Well, maybe on one other board).

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

I used to play volleyball in college for my university team, and "Jump High, Hit Hard" is the advice our coach would give us before a big match.

This saying has helped me in any challenging situation (especially with my golf game), because our coach was basically saying you practiced months for this moment, and you are ready; now all you have to remember is jump high hit hard.

So whenever I am playing golf, and my mind gets a little cluttered, this is the saying I use to simplify my game. I suppose "Grip it and rip it" would serve the same end, but to each his own.
"There is no miracle tip. Fix your swing."

In the bag:
Sumo2 w/ Aldila VS Proto 60g S
Halo 2h Apex Pro 4-PW Vokey 2 52.08/56.10/60.04 Red X #3 34" Tour Deep

I will give you one guess... the 75 stands for the year I went to my first game...
WHATS IN MY BAD:
SasQuatch Sumo2 13* with Aldila vs proto byyou graphite powered by zyvex (65-r)
Dunlop Alta 3 fairway wood
Copperidge 5 fairway wood
Copperidge 21* and 24* Hybrid (Given to me from father-in-laws set but I like them and hit the well)Ignite 3 Hybrid (part of the set)Ignite Irons 4...

My screen name is play4him which I came up with as a reminder to play golf, guitar or whatever I'm doing for God.
play4him

Driver: Titleist 905R
3-Wood: Titleist 904F
Hybrid: Titleist 585 19 DegreeIrons: TitleistWedges (PW,Gap,SW,Lob): TitleistPutter: Bettinardi C04

When my grandfather was teaching me the game, every time I hit a bad shot he would tell me I suffered from loft.One day I asked if me hitting the ball high was really hurting my game.And he replied no but your
"Lack of *bleeping* talent" is thus the loft he meant...He was a supportive old timer

Note: This thread is 2834 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!