IGNORED

What does your screen name / username come from?

Jeepthrills
Note: This thread is 2812 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Everyone says that the characteristics of my golf game (i.e: Hitting it out of bounds often, but able to get out of most trouble. Ballsy plays that don't always go my way. Good short game, and an imaginative mind. Can hit it long when needed. And I USED to have his hair too, but summers here and that would be a little too hot down here in 96º Florida) resemble that of Phil Mickelson.

But I'm a righty.

It's a long name, but hey, I like it. Just call me RHPM.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I started using others forums I liked a song which is called "atrapasueños" so when I first registered in the forum I used that name and used it for every forum. "Atrapasueños" in english is "Dream Catcher".

Regards!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Jared is my first name, S is my middle and last initial, how about that for some originality!

In my Nike Sport Cart Bag:
Driver: Burner SUPERFAST TP 10.5*
3 Wood Burner SUPERFAST
5 Wood SQ Dymo
Irons(4-GW) SZ Vokey Oil Can 56* 64* TP WedgePutter Oz Mallet 6Ball: ProV1x

Stiffdogg06:

The stiffdogg part just is one of the many nicknames I had while in school. My older brothers got the nickname Stiffy, Stiffdogg, etc in Football in middle school. When I started playing football in 7th grade, I also got that nickname so both of my brothers and I have these nicknames.

The '06 is the year I graduate High School.

Jared - I would like to use my initials but when I do people think I am copying Atlanta for some reason. My initials are ATL.

I'm into mountain bikes as well. I have a Trek 3 series.

WITB:
Driver: FT-5
Hybrid: Heavenwood 17*
Irons: X-Tour 4-pw
Wedges: X Tour Raw 54/60Putter: HannahBall: Soft Feel

Wannabe -- I really wannabe a frequent golfer breaking 80 & such, but other priorities keep it on the backburner. really love it and am a huge fan, and one day will be able to play & practice enough to get where I wannabe. Until then, I watch, read, play & practice occasionally, live it vicariously through others, and keep dreamin' the dream.

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just a weird nickname that has stuck of the years for me!
In my bag
Machspeed 9.5 Stiff
CrossBax 5 wood
Idea Tech 19* Hybrid
a3 22* Hybrid Slingshot 4D Graphite 5-AW Burner XD 56* & 60* Wedge Callie Putter e6+Home Course: www.dogwoodtracegolf.com

Mine came from a stuttering football coach. We were encouraged to dress more formally on game days.

Back in the early eighties it was considered cool to have monogramed clothing.

Game day...I'm wearing a monogramed sweater. My initials are
W-G-W. Coach saw me coming in the locker room and tried to bust on my sweater, "Looka here-ruh, dubyah
gee dubduddubdubya".

My teamates often chose this bit of stuttering to laugh about. The nickname Dub stuck.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I have the same tag on a number of forums, I grew up in Ocean Shores, Wa. Google the cascadia subduction zone, we had tsunami "evactuations" all the time and I have always been fasicanated. Name just kinda stuck.

What I play

Driver: 907D2
Wood:960 15*

5 Wood: 960 18*

Irons: Titleist 735 Cm 3-PW

Wedges: CG16 60* and 52*

Putter: Nike Method

Mine is certainly not original, but my wife and I married almost 10 years ago. We tend to spoil each other with affection as well as material things. We started referring to each other's situation as spoiled rotten. When we purchased our 33' 5th wheel in 2005, we did like most do a ship, and named it SPOILEDROTTEN . Since then, I've used that name on all forums. The wife uses TotallyRotten, and the 12 year old uses ALittleRotten.

In my bag:
Driver X460 TOUR OPTIFIT 10.5* Graphite
FW 3W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 13* Graphite
FW 5W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 18* Graphite
Irons X-22 IRONS 5 - PW & SW GraphitePutter Odyssey Dual Force Rossie IIUnder my bag: 2007 EZGO ~ Customized

mine is simple as well... Wilson wedges were the 1st clubs I bought when I started messing around with this sport. they had the #1 priority for me... they were cheap. and I still hit them in my backyard daily... did I mention that they were CHEAP !!!!

It's one of my relatives name. Plus it sounds kind of different

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Pretty simple ... just a nickname my buddies have called me for years ....

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

Yeah, I know nicknames. Been Length, Skylab, (Tall As A) Roofman, Lofty etc. etc. Stretch pretty much stuck after college.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2812 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!