IGNORED

Murphy's Law for bogey golfer

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 3577 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

PART I:

If driver works, putting sucks.   If ball striking improves, short game goes south.  Never will everything work at the same time.

If you buy a new, expensive equipment, it improves your game for a week.  Two weeks later, you are back to where you started at, minus what you paid for the equipment.  Worse yet, you see an EBay ad that sells your new equipment for 1/2 of what you paid for.

If you practice like a dog for a month, your handicap index goes lower (finally!!!).   As soon as you stop practicing for two days, you lose all your improvements.

Every sub-90 round will be followed by over-100 round.   But not every over-100 round will be followed by sub-90 round.

If there is a parking lot next to a hole, your drive will find the parking lot and hits your car.

If you are sure you hit a 260 yard drive, GPS measurement shows it only went 220.

If you hit a mulligan because a playing partner insisted, the mulligan shot is worse than your original one.

If you hit a once in a life time shot, there is no one to witness it.

If you get to green in two on a par 5 hole, you three putt the hole.

If you lip out on the first hole, you will have a good (?) putting round with a dozen more lip outs.

If you align yourself to hit a draw, you hit a push.   If you align yourself to hit a fade, you shank it.  If you try to hit a straight shot, you either get a push or shank.

• Upvote 1

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is by far the most accurate thing I have ever read on the internet. I laughed out loud (slightly hysterically) several times, and now my girlfriend thinks I am insane. Can't wait for part 2!

In the bag:

Driver- Callaway Razr X Black 9.5* Stiff flex

Hybrid- Forgan 15*

Irons- Ping Eye 2, 3-PW, Eye 2 Plus SW

Lob- Paragon 60*

Greenside bunker specialty- Wilson Harmonized 64*

Putter- Ping Zing 2

Ball- Pro V1x (good day), or NXT Tour (bad day, flies a little straighter)

Ditto, it's funny and unfortunately true :-P

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

What makes you think these only apply to bogey golfers?! :~(

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

" If you lip out on the first hole, you will have a good (?) putting round with a dozen more lip outs."

I've had the lip outs for the last three rounds at least I know it's not my fault

I resemble all those remarks.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

awesome .... forgot, if you miss an easy 3 footer on the first hole and make double, its a guaranteed precurser to the rest of the round being in the toilet.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I can't wait until these are my problems. I am a double bogey golfer, and it is more like, if you hit a great drive off the tee, and follow up with a sweet three wood on a par five, you are certainly looking at a blowup hole.

if you hit a great drive off the tee, and follow up with a sweet three wood on a par five, you are certainly looking at a blowup hole.

Last week - Hole 16 at the Classic (Brainard MN)

Driver, 4 hybrid to the green.  Putting for Eagle!!!!

4 putts later.......

Bill - 

Last week - Hole 16 at the Classic (Brainard MN)

Driver, 4 hybrid to the green.  Putting for Eagle!!!!

4 putts later.......

feel your pain ... done that twice this year.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Note: This thread is 3577 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!