IGNORED

"One, ha ha ha!"

vct33
Note: This thread is 3858 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Why is there a moron in every group that has to say "One" and then laugh when you knock the ball off the tee?  It's so freaking annoying and with my pre-shot routine I knock the ball off the tee at least once or twice a round.

My equipment:

Driver - Callaway FT3 Fusion (9 degree)
3 Wood - Orlimar Tri-Metal (9 degree)
Hybrids - Bobby Jones (17, 21 & 25 degree)

Irons - KZG XCB 5 - PW

Wedges - Warrior (52 & 56 degree)

Putter - STX Envision

Ball of choice - Callaway TOUR i(s)

Why is there a moron in every group that has to say "One" and then laugh when you knock the ball off the tee?  It's so freaking annoying and with my pre-shot routine I knock the ball off the tee at least once or twice a round.

Once or twice a round ? :-\

If you find the comments annoying, the easiest fix might be to develop a pre-shot routine that doesn't include hitting the ball with your golf club. ;-)

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Once or twice a round?

If you find the comments annoying, the easiest fix might be to develop a pre-shot routine that doesn't include hitting the ball with your golf club.

What if you're Michael J Fox?

Colin P.

It doesn't matter if they are saying it to me or somebody else, it's just such an old "joke" that it just can't be funny.  And why in the world would I change my pre-shot routine?

My equipment:

Irons - KZG XCB 5 - PW

Putter - STX Envision

It doesn't matter if they are saying it to me or somebody else, it's just such an old "joke" that it just can't be funny.  And why in the world would I change my pre-shot routine?

well, couldnt you change something so that you dont knock the ball over once or twice a round?  i think that would be excessive for most people.

Colin P.

Somehow you've developed a habit of touching the ball with your club before your swing.  If you're hitting the ball that often on the tee, my concern would be that it could lead to you inadvertantly touching it off the tee as well.  Not a good habit, pre-shot routine or not.

In David's bag....

Somehow you've developed a habit of touching the ball with your club before your swing.  If you're hitting the ball that often on the tee, my concern would be that it could lead to you inadvertantly touching it off the tee as well.  Not a good habit, pre-shot routine or not.

No, it's only on the tee shot.  I align the logo of the ball on my target line as many people do with putts.  Then approach the ball from behind and use my club to spin the ball on the tee if I need to adjust the line. So it's not as though I'm hitting the ball with a waggle at address or anything.

My equipment:

Irons - KZG XCB 5 - PW

Putter - STX Envision

Just looking at the subject line, I thought this post was about hole in one.   I guess the joke was on me, ha, ha, ha.

About the "1" joke, it's almost an instinctive response, i.e, people with weaker mind can't help it.   I must have done it a few times to my wife and I am sure she's sick of it.   Since it isn't helping our marriage, I will fight the urge to say it next time.   Instead, I will  have to come up with better lines. :-D

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Seems like your preshot routine is almost asking for this. If I was playing with you, after your second time knocking the ball off the tee, I'd give you a "ONE" and chuckle with the rest of our foursome.

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

No, it's only on the tee shot.  I align the logo of the ball on my target line as many people do with putts.  Then approach the ball from behind and use my club to spin the ball on the tee if I need to adjust the line. So it's not as though I'm hitting the ball with a waggle at address or anything.

Ahhhh, got it.

Gotta say, I've never seen anyone do that before.  About the closest is someone tapping the ball to lower the tee a little.  Looks cool when they pull it off, but kind of silly if they don't.....

In David's bag....

I can't remember the last time someone in my group accidentally hit a ball off the tee, and that's spanning at least 50 rounds (probably north of 3,000 tee shots). If it's happening to you once or twice a round, it would seem to me that you deserve whatever mocking comments you get.

Oh no... There's a guy at my club that aligns the ball on the tee like that (he then proceeds to spray it everywhere...). I hope you don't waste as much time as him realigning the logo once or twice every single tee box. To me, that practice is just plain silly...

I'm with you on this one.

I align the logo of the ball on my target line as many people do with putts.  Then approach the ball from behind and use my club to spin the ball on the tee if I need to adjust the line.

I saw a "Playing Lessons with the Pros" where someone was doing this - Ian Poulter I think.

Bill

I saw a "Playing Lessons with the Pros" where someone was doing this - Ian Poulter I think.

I'll bet he didn't knock the ball off the tee in the process. :-D

In David's bag....

Quote:

Originally Posted by sacm3bill

I'll bet he didn't knock the ball off the tee in the process.

Touche!

Bill

Note: This thread is 3858 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!