IGNORED

My Swing (Crim)

Crim

In laws bought my son a brand new driver today. He'll have his on swing thread in a decade, now I just need to teach him to swing at the right object.....

That's awesome, thanks for sharing!

• Upvote 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

Working on basics, stance and calming down that left leg/side movement. Here's a quick little before & after. Unfortunately I'm not hitting a ball in the after, but you get the idea.

Before

After

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

• 5 weeks later...

Huge difference between the before and after videos - well done! :beer:

You've probably seen this, but I'm wondering if a little more flare on the left foot would help stabilize the lower body more during the back swing, particularly in keeping the left knee from working back so much.

Keep up the good work!

Chris.:roll:

• 3 weeks later...

Ughhh. So I tried out the Vardon grip earlier today and it completely messed me up. I went back to my usual interlock and I STILL couldn't get good contact. I was slicing a ton, horrible contact. I think somehow my mind went back to an outside-in swing....and I just couldn't get it back. Here's a few swings. I don't remember what club I was using or what grip. I was pretty pissed by the end of it. Still kicking my knee in too. ughhhhhhhh.

Also, my fingers/hand are pretty calloused up and causing slight pain (i've been playing quite a bit lately). Not sure if that effected things but I'm buying a glove tomorrow and some golf tape.

I'd keep audio fairly low, it was windy.

Joel Holden

Ughhh. So I tried out the Vardon grip earlier today and it completely messed me up. I went back to my usual interlock and I STILL couldn't get good contact. I was slicing a ton, horrible contact. I think somehow my mind went back to an outside-in swing....and I just couldn't get it back. Here's a few swings. I don't remember what club I was using or what grip. I was pretty pissed by the end of it. Still kicking my knee in too. ughhhhhhhh.

Also, my fingers/hand are pretty calloused up and causing slight pain (i've been playing quite a bit lately). Not sure if that effected things but I'm buying a glove tomorrow and some golf tape.

I'd keep audio fairly low, it was windy.

Hi Joel,

Sorry to hear of the swing frustrations. That DTL view one looked way too fast for any learning to take place, and is what I do when I've lost my way, too.

Just curious as to why you were changing your grip - is it part of the priority piece you are working on?

@Crim I think you need to get back to what @saevel25 was saying about getting the hips opened up at impact. You actually need to work in sliding them forward and open. You may need to feel that your arms are not really doing much in the downswing right now but feel your hip and core rotation turning the club down and around. In the picture below you can see that you are near impact and you are basically all arms to that point. That will lead to less power, losing shots to the right and probably you are hitting some shanks. I will look for some potential drills for you. Unless anyone puts some up for you.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Just to add to what @cipher said, I'd recommend going to a pattern similar to this.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Thanks y'all. Working on opening up those hips.

@mvmac , the saddest part is I read that thread before I left to the rang :~( , lol.

@chris3putt , I was just trying the Vardon grip to see how it felt. I took a couple practice swings at home w/ it and it felt good. That same feel did not transfer to the driving range.

Joel Holden

I have a couple lessons to use up that I received from a golf show so I decided to use one yesterday. At least I got back on path. Who knows how long that will last. I was still leaving the clubface open at impact. Any tips or drills on squaring up? Does an impact bag help for squaring up the club face? I have $25 gift card at Sports Authority i need to use :)

Joel Holden

I have a couple lessons to use up that I received from a golf show so I decided to use one yesterday. At least I got back on path. Who knows how long that will last. I was still leaving the clubface open at impact. Any tips or drills on squaring up? Does an impact bag help for squaring up the club face? I have $25 gift card at Sports Authority i need to use :)

Tried to look at your video, but it's set to private.

Hmmm... how about now?

Wow.. you can really see the difference in the two pictures..  What did he instruct you to do, or think about to start making the swing on the right?  I see there is a huge ball sitting there, I'm assuming it is for visualization of how ball should be spinning, but I'd like to hear more.  Nice Job!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Wow.. you can really see the difference in the two pictures..  What did he instruct you to do, or think about to start making the swing on the right?  I see there is a huge ball sitting there, I'm assuming it is for visualization of how ball should be spinning, but I'd like to hear more.  Nice Job!

To be honest I can't remember, it took a few swings but once I got it...I got it. I remember imagining that I want to hit the ball almost on the side closest to me. The big ball was used just so I didn't have to worry about contact or the face all that much. We were just trying to get my swing back on plane. Now I just have to work on the face. I was and still am keeping my face open at impact. I'm trying to learn how to hit a hook/draw just so I can have it in my arsenal. I like hitting fades, a fade is still my stock, but I want to be able to learn both.

Joel Holden

• Administrator
Hmmm... how about now?

@Crim , please take this the right way… but that's a really not great way to start swinging out to the right. You're blameless in that. Your instructor is not.

In my opinion you're trading one problem for another, and the "before" swing has a better chance of better contact.

I'd look for a new instructor awfully quickly.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abu3baid

To be honest I can't remember, it took a few swings but once I got it...I got it. I remember imagining that I want to hit the ball almost on the side closest to me. The big ball was used just so I didn't have to worry about contact or the face all that much. We were just trying to get my swing back on plane. Now I just have to work on the face. I was and still am keeping my face open at impact. I'm trying to learn how to hit a hook/draw just so I can have it in my arsenal. I like hitting fades, a fade is still my stock, but I want to be able to learn both.

Have you tried the "rev the motorcycle" feel for this?

Works wonders for me.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Oh my-I am glad I have not eaten breakfast yet. @Crim please get a refund if possible or at least for the untaken lessons (if this is GolfTec they love to sell big packages). That is a horrible way to go about solving that problem. You have some inclination issues but your swing is pretty good to 3 and then it went a bit haywire-But now it is more haywire!!!

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.