IGNORED

My Swing (RFKFREAK)

RFKFREAK

Exactly. We just got 3 inches of snow here in Minnesnowta so I'd be happy to suck at a range right now lol.

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

53 minutes ago, Bo the Golfer said:

Exactly. We just got 3 inches of snow here in Minnesnowta so I'd be happy to suck at a range right now lol.

Ugh, I'm sorry.Β  Snow in April suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:Β  :leupold:Β  :aimpoint:Β :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Ugh, I'm sorry.Β  Snow in April suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Yes it does. Should all be gone within a week

BO THE GOLFER

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Another cold windy day but got in about a dozen swings before I backed off because it was too much for me to bear.Β  Felt the toppings and hitting on the heel were just rust and decided to focus on a few things from my last lesson in October although it was probablyΒ too much:

1. Keeping a bowed left wrist throughout the swingΒ 
  2. Trying to flatten my downswing so that club bisected my bicep on the way down
  3. Keeping my lower body quiet on the backswing
  4. Having the clubhead bisect my hands at A2 which I had down at the end of last season.

Anyway, these are the last 3 swings.Β  Contact was good and I'm not too dissatisfied with the results.Β  I think I can probably achieve the 4th with some mirror work, 1 and 3 I have to be mindful of and change the picture.Β  2 is the hardest and will I believe require a lot of mirror work to get the feeling down.Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Christian

What a difference a day makes huh? Nice work!

BO THE GOLFER

7 minutes ago, Bo the Golfer said:

What a difference a day makes huh? Nice work!

Haha, right?Β 

A dozen swings and I've booked a tee time for tomorrow morning.🀣

Thanks!

Christian

8 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Haha, right?Β 

A dozen swings and I've booked a tee time for tomorrow morning.🀣

Thanks!

Lol awesome. Hit em straight!

BO THE GOLFER

1 hour ago, Bo the Golfer said:

Lol awesome. Hit em straight!

Hit em straight...sure, I'll try something new. :-$

• Like 1

Christian

5 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

Felt the toppings and hitting on the heel were just rust and decidedο»Ώ to focus on a few things from my last lesson in October although it was probablyΒ too much:

1. Keeping a bowed left wrist throughout the swingΒ 
  2. Trying to flatten my downswing so that club bisected my bicep on the way downο»Ώ
  3. Keeping my lower body quiet on the backswing
  4. Having the clubhead bisect my hands at A2 which I had down at the end of last seasonο»Ώο»Ώ.

Are you practicing or just hitting balls?

Bill

β€œBy three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

2 minutes ago, billchao said:

Are you practicing or just hitting balls?

The other day, just hitting balls to shake some of the rust off, or at least, that was the plan.Β  I only got to hit about a dozen balls today with the intention of practicing but can't really call it that because it was cold and windy and really couldn't concentrate much.

Christian

Ugly round today but recorded these two swings on the back nine for analysis since I rarely get in game video.

Β 

Β 

Β 

• Thumbs Up 1

Christian

2 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Ugly round today but recorded these two swings on the back nine for analysis since I rarely get in game video.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Don't beat yourself up, man. It's hard to play golf with the ball that far above your feet. You should find a flatter course to play atΒ :-P

Bill

β€œBy three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

12 hours ago, billchao said:

Don't beat yourself up, man. It's hard to play golf with the ball that far above your feet. You should find a flatter course to play atΒ :-P

Swings look ugly, no?Β Β :blink:Β :-$

Shooting a 134 for my first round of the year was less than a stellar start to my season.Β  I'm going to hit the range a few more times before going out again, though, and then re-assess after a few more rounds before chalking this up to a complete breakdown and anomaly.Β 

Christian

28 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Swings look ugly, no?Β Β :blink:Β :-$

Was just making fun of your camera work 😜

28 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Shooting a 134 for my first round of the year was less than a stellar start to my season.Β  I'm going to hit the range a few more times before going out again, though, and then re-assess after a few more rounds before chalking this up to a complete breakdown and anomaly.Β 

My first round this year sucked, too, so I sympathize.

When you're not striking the ball well, do you have a "B" swing to fall back on? If I'm struggling with my full swing on the course, I start playing with punch and knockdown shots. Solid contact first, advance the ball. I'm guilty of focusing too much on playing golf swing and not enough on playing golf at times.

• Like 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

26 minutes ago, billchao said:

Was just making fun of your camera work 😜

My first round this year sucked, too, so I sympathize.

When you're not striking the ball well, do you have a "B" swing to fall back on? If I'm struggling with my full swing on the course, I start playing with punch and knockdown shots. Solid contact first, advance the ball. I'm guilty of focusing too much on playing golf swing and not enough on playing golf at times.

No, don't have a "B" swing.Β  I usually try and tinker with my swing or if it's not too terrible, then I try and compensate by altering my game plan.Β  It's a good idea, though, and I think the next time i feel one of these rounds coming on, it'll be something to implement along with slowing my swing down to concentrate on making good contact.Β  Count me as one of those who focuses too much on playing golf swing rather than playing golf.Β 

Christian

I like the idea of a B swing @billchao. It's the first round ofΒ the @RFKFREAK, you knew the swing wasn't perfect so just enjoy the golf and know it will get better.Β 

• Like 1

BO THE GOLFER

So, went to the range after work and it was windy and cold which ended up with me just wanting to finish the balls more than concentrate on things.

But after I got finished I re-watched my last few lessons from my coach last year (because, why watch them before I actually hit ballsΒ :blink:) and as I posted about before, my coach had said to:

1. Keep my left wrist bowed
  2. Keep my lower body quiet from to A1 to A2

But he also said in the ones three that I had forgotten that I should have also be working on

1. Ensuring that shaft is steep and pointing at or inside the ball on the backswing,
  2. Keeping my hands low at the start of my backswing.
  3. Not retracting my right elbow on the backswing.Β Β 

I think my failure on so many of these things related to my backswing that I had been doing last year and what I had been working on has made it impossible to have a workable downswing and really has contributed to my swing being quite awful.Β  This is the last one swing.

Β 

Β 

Christian

So, I feel like I had a productive range session today.Β  I think I got most of what my Evolvr instructor was trying to convey in our last few lessons last year.Β  I'm planning on hitting the range tomorrow and after that, provided I see similar results, I'll probably sign back up.Β  I feel good about my backswing on the irons but driver needs work.Β  I probably could try and flatten my wrist more at the top of the backswing but at this point, focusing on that doesn't allow me to have my shaft more vertical than my natural inclination is.Β  So, if I can ingrain that principle, then I'll focus on the wrist.

Β 

Christian