RFKFREAK

My Swing (RFKFREAK)

382 posts / 31771 viewsLast Reply

1 minute ago, boogielicious said:

This was the hardest thing for me to learn, practicing with slower swings. It took a couple of years to really be disciplined and do it. I still sometimes fall into the trap at the range of just swinging fast and wasting a session. To make the changes stick, slow it down, map the swing by going to a position and stop, etc. 

For the feel in the shorter swing, try pressing down lightly on your left thumb with your right palm at set up. That keeps the right arm from collapsing. Then slowly (like a 5 count) go to A4 and do a slight transition to A4.5 with that feel. Don’t even hit balls at first. Go up, transition, repeat. After maybe ten reps, go down to A5 or 6 then punch a shot at 60% and stop at A9 with arms extended. Repeat. Slowly up and transition, stop, then to A6 and punch at 60%. Remember to rotate your hips as you normally would. And don’t care about contact that much.

I did this drill all winter as a warmup and by March, it stuck. Film the drill and post it here.

Will do.  Thanks! 👍

Planning on playing today and using the swing I've been practicing all week with irons and the one I've been using with the driver except I'm going to try and be more controlled with it.

Hopefully I see some good results.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Will do.  Thanks! 👍

Planning on playing today and using the swing I've been practicing all week with irons and the one I've been using with the driver except I'm going to try and be more controlled with it.

Cool. If I go to the range before a round, I use this as a warm up for 5 minutes.

2 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Cool. If I go to the range before a round, I use this as a warm up for 5 minutes.

Unfortunately no range at this course. First shot is an iron of the tee so we'll see how it goes.  I'll give it a few holes and then adjust if needed.

13 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

I did not see good results.  Tried it for the first five holes and was hitting pretty much all my irons thin.