IGNORED

Have you ever hit a caddy with your club out of anger?

FlappyGilmore
Note: This thread is 3856 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Why would you hit your caddy or anyone with a club?

I would think you would end up in jail for that.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

• Administrator

Do you have a story to tell us?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

To tell you the truth, I've never even SEEN a caddy.  I seem to live in the land of electric carts, but I've never hit one of them with a club on purpose either.

Seriously, I would think that would be grounds for a pretty serious assault and battery charge, and I would think immediate expulsion from the club for the culprit.

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 10.5*, Aldila RIP Phenom 50

Fairway 1: Titleist 913F, 17*, Titleist Bassara W55

Fairway 2: Titleist 913F, 21*, Titleist Bassara W55

Irons: Titleist AP1 714 5-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95

Wedges: SCOR 4161 48/52/56/60, Genius 9

Grips: GolfPride New Decade Red Mid-size on all of the above.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke Slim 3.0

Caddy bashing is out, caddy tipping is in.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

My caddies know that I will wrap my club around their necks if they ever give me an incorrect yardage.

I make sure to hit them once, before the round even starts, just to set the tone.  After that they pretty much stay in line.

• Upvote 1

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

My caddies know that I will wrap my club around their necks if they ever give me an incorrect yardage.

I make sure to hit them once, before the round even starts, just to set the tone.  After that they pretty much stay in line.

Chuckle.  I didn't think the OP was serious about the question and this answer was very appropriate for that.

The only chance I will hire a caddy is at Pebble Beach (if I ever decide to play there) and I will make sure I will start him with a good punch to his gut to set the tone.  Hey, if I am paying that much money for a round .....

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I am reminded of a story I read in a Lewis Grizzard book. According to the story, Lewis was playing in Scotland, at St. Andrews I think, and having a bad day. He said to his caddy, "You must be the worst caddy in all of Scotland." The caddy replied, "Sir, that would be too great a coincidence!"

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

I am reminded of a story I read in a Lewis Grizzard book. According to the story, Lewis was playing in Scotland, at St. Andrews I think, and having a bad day. He said to his caddy, "You must be the worst caddy in all of Scotland." The caddy replied, "Sir, that would be too great a coincidence!"

Haha!

One time playing with a caddie I hit 7 iron from 160 yards and stuck it to about 5 feet. A couple holes later I was sitting at about 162 yards and the caddie recommended I hit a 7 iron again. This time it only went about 90 yards straight right into a pond. I proceeded to brutally beat my caddie with said 7 iron for improper yardage. Unbelievable that the guy could be 70 yards off on my yardage! :pound:

It only happened once, when he posted a silly hypothetical on a golf website. I figure that he really only needs three fingers on a hand to grab a bag or a club and now he won't waste so much time on a computer keyboard.

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

I only know one guy that has done much caddying.

I would guess that hitting him would be a huge mistake and might be detrimental to your golf game and health. From the looks of him he would be a handful.

What a flippy - not flappy - post. Any chance Patrick is back?

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

• Administrator

What a flippy - not flappy - post. Any chance Patrick is back?

Yes, but not this guy.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

What do you say to a caddy with 2 black eyes?

Nothing, you already told him twice.

Wait, shouldn't that be three times?  Maybe I'm a softy, but I give one warning first.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Note: This thread is 3856 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!