IGNORED

At least, you hit the fairway, heh, heh, heh - a companion thread to One, ha, ha, ha.

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 3854 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'd be hitting my drives well and all of sudden, I'd hit one very high, or very low.   The ball goes straight but barely reaches the fairway about 100 yards from tee box.   "At least, you hit the fairway" comment is most I hear after the fiasco.   What snappy line can I come back with on this one?

- Well, yours didn't.  Better in than out.  At least, I can find my ball. .... (only when your partner hit a shank, or OB)

- I know.  I am trying to "up" my fairway stat.

- Straight as an arrow.

- I can reach green with 3W from there.

- ???

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'd be hitting my drives well and all of sudden, I'd hit one very high, or very low.   The ball goes straight but barely reaches the fairway about 100 yards from tee box.   "At least, you hit the fairway" comment is most I hear after the fiasco.   What snappy line can I come back with on this one?

- Well, yours didn't.  Better in than out.  At least, I can find my ball. .... (only when your partner hit a shank, or OB)

- I know.  I am trying to "up" my fairway stat.

- Straight as an arrow.

- I can reach green with 3W from there.

- ???

Not sure. When I do that I'm usually already thinking the same thing.

"Yeah, I was laying up to 3 wood range"

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I wouldn't consider "at least you hit the fairway" a major dig. I've said it before, I drill a 200+ yard drive into the bunker and my buddy clunks a ball 100 yards down the fairway on a miss hit. Depending on where the hole is...just being on the fairway is looking pretty good.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

I usually make fun of myself in a situation like that. I'll peer down the fairway, with my hand on my forehead (as if I'm watching the ball fly 300 yards) and say something like "just like I drew it up!"

Unless of course it's 5th time today I've duffed my drive, in which case I am likely to simmer with rage, and/or give the guy a murderous glare. Gotta love golf.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, horrible friends trying to take the sting out of it by taking what little positive there is.

Everyone should just shut up and not talk and grimly hit their ball and then stare at the ground the rest of the time.

Bill - 

No need to say anything back. Just make a par.

Coincidence in timing for this thread. Today a senior player (maybe mid 60s) joined us for 18 holes and played from our tees with us. He could hit the ball pretty well but was a little inconsistent. On two holes he topped his tee shot and it went less than 100 yards but both times he hit a perfect 3 wood for his second that left him about 50 yards short of the green on one and about 70 yards short on the other one.

He hit good third shots both times and made the par putt on one of them and lipped it out on the other one.

Funny thing was that I hit a perfect drive on both of those holes and had the same score as he did on both of them.

Everyone should just shut up and not talk and grimly hit their ball and then stare at the ground the rest of the time.

Kind of like waiting in a bread line during the height of the cold war? :-P

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Yeah, horrible friends trying to take the sting out of it by taking what little positive there is. Everyone should just shut up and not talk and grimly hit their ball and then stare at the ground the rest of the time.

Good thing this is not how it works playing with me. There would be a lot of staring at the ground.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I always make a super lame excuse, One of my spikes must be loose! My gloves a bit tight! Forgot to put my golf socks on! My hat was too far forward! I used the wrong colour tee! It's become a running gag now, who can make up the lamest excuse? We've even had,.. Last time I golf wearing my wife's underwear!
  • Upvote 1

Gaz Lee

As I survey the (ridiculously long next shot) - "I can get there in two." or "I've got that shot."  Sometimes even "It's good to try different shots into the green."  I know those are on the lame side so its fortunate my issues are usually directional and not distance.

Note: This thread is 3854 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!