IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

• Administrator

Die Hard With a Vengeance, par.

It got a little old by this point.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

' The Nun' Birdie. But hey, I love horror films. This one delivered.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On 7/29/2018 at 7:25 PM, iacas said:

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, birdie. Very cool visual effects, good cast… Just way, way better than I expected. Loved it. Not a movie you watch a few times (or even twice), but very cool once.

This popped up in my Amazon Prime cue last night, and I'd never seen it, so I figured why not?

I'll give it an easy par.  Visually it's a birdie, but it loses a stroke for reminding what a dick i was in my twenties.

Corey

The Usual Suspects-Easy birdie. Who is Kieser Soze?

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Ant-Man and the Wasp - birdie for me, but I like Superhero movies.  Lots of action and laughs.  Michael Pena knocked it out of the park in his role.  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

A new Mary Poppins movie? That sounds stupid. Watches trailer. TAKE MY MONEY.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Duplicity, birdie.

A good bunch of twists with some reasonably good acting. An older movie (2009), but one I enjoyed re-watching. I don't remember much from the first watching (probably in 2009 or '10). I remembered a few parts. But it was almost new to me.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Hold The Dark.  Par

Interesting Netflix movie about some messed up stuff in Alaska.  I liked it, although it was very dark, and kind of gory in spots.  

Corey

• Administrator

Looking forward to this:

Free Solo. Eagle. Very inspiring and gives me motivation to keep working on shooting lower scores.  

Steve

On 10/10/2018 at 8:26 PM, Warren Zevon said:

Dear lord did the original creep me out as a teen.  Fred Gwynne will be missed in this remake, I think.

Lol! Agree. However Pet Cemetery 2 was quite a disappointment for me. I give PC 1 a Birdie....PC2 a double bogey.

However....John Lithgow? Awesome. Gywnne a classic...but Lithgow top notch in my book.

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

14 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Lol! Agree. However Pet Cemetery 2 was quite a disappointment for me. I give PC 1 a Birdie....PC2 a double bogey.

Pet Sematary 2 was a horrible, horrible film.  So bad that it's one of those movies where when its over you're pissed because it's an hour and a half of your life you'll never get back. 

Corey

• 2 weeks later...

A Star Is Born - Easy Birdie

Bradley Cooper was great as the trouble and addicted Jackson Mayne and Lady Gaga was also great as Ally.  If you take a lady to see it, bring tissues.

Edited by jsgolfer

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

• Administrator

The Greatest Showman, which I didn't know was a musical… I give a bogey to. Partly because the singing was so clearly not legitimate (I'm not saying the actors didn't sing the songs… it was just so much worse than other musicals I've seen in terms of believing that they're actually singing in the action), and because… it was so badly misrepresentative of PT Barnum.

Meh.

‘Tusk’

Birdie. Nice bizarre film by Kevin Smith. Pretty much a rip from ‘The Human Centipede’. The dialogue from the character played by Bryan Cranston is quite entertaining. And the quirky detective played by a surprise appearance by Johnny Depp was a bonus. 

Venom -tap in birdie

I did not think this would be very good...no spider man. Delivered in a big way. Venoms backstory was legitimate, scary, funny, sad, and real (as in believable for sci fi fiction). I never really missed spidey