IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

Us - birdie. Denser and more to unpack than Get Out, the post game for this movie has been very interesting to partake. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A Star is Born - Bradley Cooper version. Birdie. Acting was excellent and the songs were very good too. I don’t think Lady Gaga ever needs to put on a meat dress to attract attention anymore. She is terrific. And Cooper. Even when he is trying to look ugly, he still is good looking, damn him!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

9 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

A Star is Born - Bradley Cooper version. Birdie. Acting was excellent and the songs were very good too. I don’t think Lady Gaga ever needs to put on a meat dress to attract attention anymore. She is terrific. And Cooper. Even when he is trying to look ugly, he still is good looking, damn him!

I give it a par.   I wasn't expecting much since I haven't seen the others prior to this version.   The music was terrific, the acting was exceptional with the chemistry between Cooper and LG a "wow" factor.   I thought Cooper's direction made the movie.   It was good.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• 1 month later...

Avengers: Endgame.  Birdie.  Hole In One if I'm scoring it as an eleven year old boy picking up comics off the rack at the local corner store.

For three hours long, this didn't seem to drag a lot.  It patiently builds up to a massive payoff.  Some of the laughs are there, and for the first time some of the humor just wasn't funny, but man, what a great final hour it was.

Corey

4 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

Avengers: Endgame.  Birdie.  Hole In One if I'm scoring it as an eleven year old boy picking up comics off the rack at the local corner store.

For three hours long, this didn't seem to drag a lot.  It patiently builds up to a massive payoff.  Some of the laughs are there, and for the first time some of the humor just wasn't funny, but man, what a great final hour it was.

I concur.    It was very good.   The movie wrapped up many stories, answered questions and was very entertaining.   My wife said it was a 12 out of 10 (not a golfer), I gave it an eagle.    It's rare when a long movie doesn't have a lull but this one pulled it off with spades.    The movie had comedy, heart break, excitement and tears.    It's a must see. 

On 4/29/2019 at 12:58 AM, Warren Zevon said:

On 4/29/2019 at 5:39 AM, dennyjones said:

I concur.    It was very good.   The movie wrapped up many stories, answered questions and was very entertaining.   My wife said it was a 12 out of 10 (not a golfer), I gave it an eagle.    It's rare when a long movie doesn't have a lull but this one pulled it off with spades.    The movie had comedy, heart break, excitement and tears.    It's a must see. 

Would someone who knows little about the backstories of the characters (other than Batman & Superman I don't have any comic story knowledge) be lost? I hate to spend three hours wondering what the heck they are talking about. Would the 'entertainment' factor alone make it worth my while even if I don't exactly follow the story?

My old but trusty bag is filled with clubs I built...Integra SoooLong 450 10.5°, Jackaroo II 13* 16* 23*  hybrids, Dynacraft irons and wedges...plus a sweet Tad Moore Peach putter.

Please check out my sports card/memorabilia blog: The Five Tool Collector

3 hours ago, commishbob said:

Would someone who knows little about the backstories of the characters (other than Batman & Superman I don't have any comic story knowledge) be lost? I hate to spend three hours wondering what the heck they are talking about. Would the 'entertainment' factor alone make it worth my while even if I don't exactly follow the story?

You’re going to be lost. Probably need to watch a minimum of 5 movies, like all the Avenger movies to begin with, to follow the story. I haven’t seen 5 of the 22 (or 21, or some number like that), skipped Spider-Man, skipped Ant Man, and rewatched some of the movies I’ve forgotten and missed out on a number of references. If I didn’t do a rewatch of the Thor and Captain America movies, I would have been a little confused with what happened before. You could just read the synopsis of the previous movies in Wikipedia I guess, I've done that with other fictional universes.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

You’re going to be lost. Probably need to watch a minimum of 5 movies, like all the Avenger movies to begin with, to follow the story. I haven’t seen 5 of the 22 (or 21, or some number like that), skipped Spider-Man, skipped Ant Man, and rewatched some of the movies I’ve forgotten and missed out on a number of references. If I didn’t do a rewatch of the Thor and Captain America movies, I would have been a little confused with what happened before. You could just read the synopsis of the previous movies in Wikipedia I guess, I've done that with other fictional universes.

Thanks. That's kind of what I figured. I went to the last (I think) X-Men movie so a few years ago and I was ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My old but trusty bag is filled with clubs I built...Integra SoooLong 450 10.5°, Jackaroo II 13* 16* 23*  hybrids, Dynacraft irons and wedges...plus a sweet Tad Moore Peach putter.

11 hours ago, commishbob said:

Yeah, by my rough estimation, you’d benefit from having watched all three of the Captain America movies, the second and third Thor movies,  the first Avengers, and Ant Man and The Wasp.  Black Panther and Captain Marvel should be added to the list as well.   Oh yeah, plus Guardians Of The Galaxy.  

Corey

I know this is for "recent" movies, however I watched "Robocop" (1987) last night which is excellent. The remake however is straight up rubbish. I mean it's 32 years old (as old as me). But it was different seeing Ronny Cox playing a bad guy. It also showed how versatile of an actor Kurtwood Smith (That '70s Show fame) really is. The storyline really doesn't drag on too much. The movie gets right to the point. It's set in the near-future in Detroit. Old Detroit is a crime-ridden area, that is being targeted for a Utopian "Delta City" by conglomerate OCP, who owns everything including the cops. Stars Peter Weller, Nancy Allen, Ronny Cox, Kurtwood Smith, Miguel Ferrer, and even has a cameo from Leeza Gibbons.

I give it a 2-putt birdie, it's solid, has a few points that needed to be explained better. (not per se plot holes, but character development holes.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

I give Endgame a tap in birdie on a long par 5. Every shot executed perfectly to lead to the tap in on the green.  Awesome movie and great ending to 11 years and 22 movies. 

:cobra: UL stand Bag
:ping: G425 Max
 :ping: hybrid G15 20 * 
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

:vokey:54*
:tmade: High Toe 58*

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport

:clicgear:

11 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

Yeah, by my rough estimation, you’d benefit from having watched all three of the Captain America movies, the second and third Thor movies,  the first Avengers, and Ant Man and The Wasp.  Black Panther and Captain Marvel should be added to the list as well.   Oh yeah, plus Guardians Of The Galaxy.  

LOL....I'm 66. I don't think I have that much time. 😔

5 hours ago, commishbob said:

LOL....I'm 66. I don't think I have that much time. 😔

My God, I hope you're not old....

Unless you have seen the aforementioned movies, this one will leave you asking too many questions.   

On 4/30/2019 at 11:34 PM, Warren Zevon said:

I don't know if Black Panther or Captain Marvel are all that necessary to understanding Endgame. The rest I'd agree with.

Endgame was an easy birdie. Not a lot I can add to the other reviews here. I couldn't have been more happy with how it played out. Now, that said, I'm burnt out on MCU. I will probably watch the next Spiderman and Guardians, but that's it. I skipped Captain Marvel because I had heard it had pretty much nothing to do with the overall Avengers storyline. I just don't care to start another character arc. I also hope the rumor I heard was fake....

Edited by Jeremie Boop

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2019 at 1:42 PM, Jeremie Boop said:

I don't know if Black Panther or Captain Marvel are all that necessary to understanding Endgame. The rest I'd agree with.

Endgame was an easy birdie. Not a lot I can add to the other reviews here. I couldn't have been more happy with how it played out. Now, that said, I'm burnt out on MCU. I will probably watch the next Spiderman and Guardians, but that's it. I skipped Captain Marvel because I had heard it had pretty much nothing to do with the overall Avengers storyline. I just don't care to start another character arc. I also hope the rumor I heard was fake....

I saw this last night, definitely an easy birdie.  I think the only MCU characters missing were deadpool and the X-Men. 

What rumor?

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

58 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

I saw this last night, definitely an easy birdie.  I think the only MCU characters missing were deadpool and the X-Men. 

What rumor?

That they are planning an all female avengers movie.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

1 minute ago, Jeremie Boop said:

That they are planning an all female avengers movie.

Ah, just looked it up, the A Force?  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

1 minute ago, jsgolfer said:

Ah, just looked it up, the A Force?  

No idea, just saw some talk about it shortly before or after I watched Endgame.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag: