IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

• Administrator

About Time, which I've seen a few times… honestly, it's an eagle for me. I think it's a great story, and I love how "time travel" is not even really the point. The performances are great, the theme is great. It's a feel good movie with great characters and a great message. It makes you want to live a better life, and see the world a bit differently.

We don't get to go back in time to erase mistakes and do things differently. We have one chance at things. So don't screw them up. Appreciate them the first time around.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Tommy’s Honour

Eagle. Comedy, drama all well represented. Great story and really enjoyed all the golf scenes of how it used to be. Amazing how they played back in those days. Makes me want to get a set of hickories.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• 2 weeks later...

Rewatched The Matrix (eagle) in the theater with Dolby Cinema. I watched the Blu-ray earlier in the year and still noticed new details that stood out, the dialogue, the background, facets of people's faces, etc... I don't get the big deal about Dolby Cinema, everything's a little better, the picture, the sound, but still not exactly blown away by it.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

Saw Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, and, uhhh… I'm not sure it was even golf. So, a nice kick save?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil, two-putt par. It was… a good idea. It felt like it was pretty badly produced. Low tech, low budget. Funny in parts, but… meh. Just okay. I mean, who jumps at a wood chipper?

Zombieland, same score. Also funny in parts, but… I just don't care about zombie movies, and it felt… just… silly? Stupid? Something. Plus, if I we're them, I wouldn't waste ammunition like they did. I'm pretty sure I could find Twinkies. And why wouldn't you just run over zombies in your car?

85% and 90% on Rotten Tomatoes, so, I'm fine being in the minority on each of these.

Rocketman - Birdie. Very different from Bohemian Rhapsody in that it is really a musical. Acting was excellent and it did a good job with Elton's story. Really enjoyed it.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Angel Has Fallen- Gerard Butler looks rugged and tough in all action films, so he appears more believable. In this one, you see he has visibly aged and has suffered for all the physical violence he has been through. But he is able to rise for one more romp to save a President and expose the bad guys in kick ass fashion. This one is probably the last but I enjoyed it as much as the first two. Without spoiling it for any of you, it has some humor injected in it too by a long term aged actor. The reason the franchise has been popular though is Butler. He like Neeson, Stateham, and Stallone look the part so well. The physicality and presence they show in their films make them more watchable. I give this a big birdie.

Shot Caller - Stars Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (of GOT Jaime Lannister fame) as Jacob/Money who is a former stock broker who ends up doing hard time for DUI manslaughter when he kills his best friend in a car crash.  This is a gritty thriller that nicely captures all of the reasons that I would never make it in prison - on his first night in prison he sees another new guy get gang raped and decides he'll do whatever it takes to stay alive.  And he does.  Really well done movie that flashes between the past, present and future in a way that really helps tell the story.  My wife and I both got a bit lost around the climax of the film, but the director nicely pulled it all back together in time for a pretty spectacular ending that you don't see coming.  Coster-Waldau is excellent in this movie, as is Jeffrey Donovan (Burn Notice).  Jon Bernthal (TWD/ The Accountant) plays the same weak person character he always does - not a fan, but he doesn't distract from the story.  If not for the jumbled climax this would have been an Eagle, but I still give it a solid birdie.  I think we watched it off of Prime.

Okay....It 2. This is a tough one. I'm going tap in birdie on a long par 5.  I thought it was good but.......

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

• 1 month later...

I finally got to see Parasite. Eagle. I see now why it won in Cannes. It defies categorization, it's just great storytelling and multilayered. I saw the subtitled version.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 3 weeks later...

Knives Out was good. Funny and layered. Birdie.

Steve

21 Bridges ... Tap in par.

Once in a while it's good to see the old "cops and robbers" type of movie instead of CG overloaded Marvel or DC universe movies...

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Oh yeah, I saw Terminator: Dark Fate a couple of weeks ago. Par. It's very similar to The Force Awakens in that it goes through the same beats as the earlier movies, there's really nothing new, but it was well done for what it was, but it was just more of the same. I like the actress from Halt and Catch Fire and she did a convincing job as a, well spoilers, she was good.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

6 Underground - birdie. Lots of great action sequences. The opening one lasts so long.

Knives Out - Birdie. Fun murder mystery with some comedy added. Acting was really good and good story line.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Two movies that got some attention at Cannes are on Netflix. I Lost My Body, birdie, an animated French drama and Atlantics/Alantique, birdie, a drama w/supernatural elements set in Dakar dealing with migration, economy and more, but I guess some of the subtleties escaped me because not as familiar with specific cultural elements.

Finally caught Doctor Sleep. Birdie. I loved The Shining and was not taken aback as others were by the reuse of scenes from it. Always fun to watch Obi Wan. Helped me understand why King didn't like Kubrick's interpretation of his book.

Steve

Beautiful.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 9
3-Wood: Titleist 917F2 16.5 
Irons: Titleist AP3 4-Pw

Wedges: 48,52,56 Titleist vokey
Putter: Scotty Select Newport