IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

I've seen all of the movies mentioned above, lol. These aren't exactly famous, but well known... somewhat.

• The Seventh Seal
  • Cleo from 5 to 7
  • Harold and Maude

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 2/3/2021 at 9:45 PM, boogielicious said:

Clockwork Orange was one of the worst movies I’ve ever sat through.

For me, that is What Dreams May Come.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn), par. Not at all what I thought it was going to be, but in some ways better. In other ways… weirder. 🙂

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 2/5/2021 at 8:18 PM, iacas said:

Oh hell I just saw this! This is such a creative piece. Awesome!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator

Up in the Air (2009), with George Clooney, Vera Farmiga, and Anna Kendrick.

I give it a par. I'd seen it before, but I didn't remember much. Maybe I watched it falling asleep one time or something. Good acting, low-key solid story. Interesting if unusual main guy (Ryan Bingham).

• Administrator

Revolutionary Road, bogey.

I can't blame the acting. DiCaprio may be the best of his time. And I "get" what the idea was here, I think: to show a semi-ordinary life. But that's the thing - an ordinary life is boring, and I was bored by this movie. So much so that I turned it off 2/3 of the way through and read the rest of what happened on Wikipedia.

On 2/15/2021 at 9:18 PM, Vinsk said:

Oh hell I just saw this! This is such a creative piece. Awesome!

Yeah, but Captain America ATE A BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I liked the movie a lot. 

I don't think it's quite the social commentary that people make it out to be. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

4 hours ago, iacas said:

Revolutionary Road, bogey.

I can't blame the acting. DiCaprio may be the best of his time. And I "get" what the idea was here, I think: to show a semi-ordinary life. But that's the thing - an ordinary life is boring, and I was bored by this movie. So much so that I turned it off 2/3 of the way through and read the rest of what happened on Wikipedia.

It was also super freaking depressing.

On 2/22/2021 at 9:38 PM, iacas said:

Up in the Air (2009), with George Clooney, Vera Farmiga, and Anna Kendrick.

I give it a par. I'd seen it before, but I didn't remember much. Maybe I watched it falling asleep one time or something. Good acting, low-key solid story. Interesting if unusual main guy (Ryan Bingham).

I love Anna Kendrick, saying, I type with purpose, lol.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Coming 2 America sweat free par. Enjoyed a few laughs and loved Coming To America. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

ZS Justice League. If you have 4 hours, HBO Max and like comic book movies this will be a 20 foot birdie. I enjoyed what was presented. Far superior than the one released a few years ago. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

On 3/21/2021 at 4:56 AM, jmanbooyaa said:

ZS Justice League. If you have 4 hours, HBO Max and like comic book movies this will be a 20 foot birdie. I enjoyed what was presented. Far superior than the one released a few years ago. 

I had to split it up into two segments, but yeah, despite Snyders tendency for slo-mo I thought this was much better than the other version.  Cyborg probably gained the most from this cut. 

Had a chance to watch Sunshine again for the first time in a long while.  Easy par from me. 

Corey

The Courier, posted by Erik looks amazing.  I'm ready to watch it. 

ZS Justice League was significantly better than the other.   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

New Godzilla King Kong movie, par, was big dumb fun.  

Steve

The 13th Warrior .  Birdie.  I haven't seen this one in a while.  It's a very solid flick for me.  It's just somewhat lacking in a certain something to make it a classic.  It's up there with Desperado as one of my favorite Antonio Banderas movies.  Plus, who doesn't love Vikings with English and Irish accents?

Edited by Warren Zevon
shite grammar

Corey

Hoop Dreams - possibly the best sports documentary ever - and without question one of the greatest documentaries of all time. Albatross

The Staircase - expect to binge watch all 8 hours or whatever it is without leaving your seat. Incredible. Eagle

Hoop_dreamsposter.jpg

639f62d331b4029b26fbaaa2bb9cee56c00e0903.jpg

Edited by Shorty

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.