IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

On 11/5/2021 at 2:32 PM, iacas said:

This was so good. I love the question that it leaves you with. He's such a wonderful actor, good to see him finally get the leading role he deserved

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Drive My Car - eagle. Thought I wrote about this already, saw it way back in late November or early December (took a chance seeing it in a theater but there were like 3 people in the screening, sitting far far away, lol), then again a couple of weeks ago when it streamed for free. So good. A treatise on dealing with loss, loved ones who wronged you, language, the melding of art and life. People complain about subtitles, see the super-titles with 5 languages shown in this movie. Also learned a little about a Chekhov play. Surprised something I like actually got recognition from the Oscars. A 3 hour movie that moved languidly but it was finished before you realized it. First movie I've seen that actually acknowledges the presence of the pandemic although subtle, but my movie watching has decreased significantly the past few years.

I've only seen four of the 10 best picture noms. Power of the Dog, Drive My Car, Nightmare Alley, and Dune. Could resubscribe to Apple and watch CODA and Macbeth. That's 6. West Side Story is coming to Hulu in March. Missed my chance to see King Richard, wasn't really too keen on watching that because I just don't like Hollywood biopics. Belfast/Pizza, meh. 7/10 is a lot of my taste intersecting with the Academy, although I really didn't want to watch Nightmare Alley.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, nevets88 said:

There was some celeb talk I don’t remember about Sean Young. Are there better spy movies sure but it wasn’t awful. 

Sean Young, meh.

And no, it wasn't awful, but it was pretty bad.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Jungle Cruise, par. Entertaining, just what you'd expect, not something I'll ever watch again. Passed the time.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Death On The Nile, Birdie. 

I'd actually probably give it an Eagle. Because I really enjoyed it. However, it's probably not for everyone. I read all of the Hercule Poirot/Agatha Christie books as a kid. Many of them more than once. So, I'd consider myself a fan. I remember the 1978 version well. I saw it several times back day. BTW - Angela Lansbury is phenomenal in her like 20 minutes of screen time in that 1978 version. 

If you are a fan of Agatha Christie or if you like a mystery and don't know this story; I think you will really like this movie. If you are one of those people that hates remakes, you will hate this movie. Is it better than the 1978 version? .... The 1978 version is really good. This one is really good. ... I like them both. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
best-movies-2022-1645711373.jpg?crop=1.0

It's only February, but Joaquim Trier’s 'The Worst Person in the World' is this year's film to beat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Finally:

And…

Okay...The Batman. Birdie. Good movie. REALLY LONG.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

I will not see top gun 2 if it’s anything like the original. Can’t stand that movie. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I will not see top gun 2 if it’s anything like the original. Can’t stand that movie. 

you crazy snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

2 hours ago, saevel25 said:

The funny thing about the movie is the female character, Kelly McGillis, who was a flight instructor was based on a real person. My wife worked with an attorney whose son was at Top Gun school when they were making the movie. The female lead was originally going to be an aerobics instructor or something. The base commander suggested they change it to flight instructor because they had one on the base.

That being said, we rewatched the movie last year and it wasn’t as good was we remembered.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Whatever your thoughts on Top Gun, there are some iconic lines that are part of American Pop Culture that you just cannot ignore.

Your ego is making out checks your body can't cash.

You can be my wingman any day.

On 2/25/2022 at 2:54 PM, iacas said:
best-movies-2022-1645711373.jpg?crop=1.0

It's only February, but Joaquim Trier’s 'The Worst Person in the World' is this year's film to beat.

These are all on my to watch list, just haven't gotten to them yet.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
On 3/9/2022 at 11:01 AM, iacas said:

The Adam Project, par. It's exactly what you can expect from a Ryan Reynolds movie. Action, comedy, and nothing that will really offend anyone (Deadpool excepted here).

The plot is not great if you're a big "time travel rules" kind of person.

But… it was a "good" movie, just like par is a good score on any hole. It had the action, it had the comedy. It passed the time while entertaining.

Now I'm watching Top Gun, just to annoy @saevel25. Undoubtedly it's not as good as I want to remember it as being… but also, I loved fighter plane movies as a kid. I may just follow it up with some Iron Eagle.

29 minutes ago, iacas said:

Now I'm watching Top Gun, just to annoy @saevel25.

Ha ha!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Top Gun, birdie. Take a suck of that @saevel25.

It's a bit cheesy. Okay, it's quite cheesy.

But it nails the flying stuff, and it's perhaps the best fighter pilot/fighter plane movie out there. I watched it at just the right age, but I'm nearly 44 now (12 days), and it was still good.

Street Kings. Easy birdie. Good fun bad cop needing redemption movie. Cast is solid also. Keanu is the man before John Wick. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

• 2 weeks later...

Everything Everywhere All at Once was bonkers crazy, it was a little too much at times, but totally worth a theater visit. Birdie.

Steve