IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

Well, since I have seen ONE of those movies, of course I would think his best would be the ones I have seen him in. Kinda makes sense right?

Like I said, I am not a big Jack Nicholson fan.

Well you didn't say in your post that you had only seen 1 other movie that he was in.  Also, if you haven't seen any of his movies, how would you know if you like him or not?  Fair question I think. :-)

Well you didn't say in your post that you had only seen 1 other movie that he was in.  Also, if you haven't seen any of his movies, how would you know if you like him or not?  Fair question I think.

Absolutely fair, just didn't know if you would make that claim back at me :-D

I didn't think I had to say which movies I saw him in,

Mar's Attacks (hilarious)

A Few Good Men

One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest (only parts of it)

The Shining (only parts of it)

As Good as It gets

The Departed

Batman

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Mars Attacks was definitely one of his better performances.  Hilarious and great to see him in a comedy.  Do I think that Jack Nicholson is a good actor?  Yes.  Do I think he plays the same character in every single movie he has every been in?  Yes.

That being said, The Shining was and eagle movie!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Mars Attacks was definitely one of his better performances.  Hilarious and great to see him in a comedy.  Do I think that Jack Nicholson is a good actor?  Yes.  Do I think he plays the same character in every single movie he has every been in?  Yes.

That being said, The Shining was and eagle movie!

Same character in EVERY SINGLE movie he's been in?  Huh?

Jack Torrance and Randle Murphy are similar charactesr?  Are you kidding?  Or Jake Gittes and Col. Nathan Jessup?  Pretty similar characters, right?   Charlie Partanna and the Joker?  What are you talking about?

I agree he had some similar roles later in his career, but to say "every single movie" is WAY off the mark.

I would guess when most people think of JN, they probably think - The Shining - "Here's JOHNNY!". and A Few Good Men. "You WANT me on that wall, you NEED me on that wall.".

I'll remember him most for Carnal Knowledge, The Shining, Chinatown and Cuckoo's Nest.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Jack Torrance and Randle Murphy are similar charactesr?  Are you kidding?  Or Jake Gittes and Col. Nathan Jessup?  Pretty similar characters, right?   Charlie Partanna and the Joker?  What are you talking about?

I agree he had some similar roles later in his career, but to say "every single movie" is WAY off the mark.

I do think his characters are different. His delivery of his lines always seem to be similar. It's iconic really, but I can see were it can lend to his characters seeming to be similar when they are not really.

There is no way I would say his characters are the same from The Shining to Batman, to A Few Good Men, ect. You can tell it is him by the way he delivers his lines though.

Compare him to someone like Daniel Day-Lewis who went from Lincoln to There Will be Blood. He transforms himself into his roll of the character, especially in how he delivers the lines. Honestly, if I watched both movies, I would not say they are the same actor. If I watch Batman versus, The Shining. I could tell its Jack. Its not a shot on Jack, its just how he delivers his lines. Its always seems very similar.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

He plays his characters the same way regardless of what the character is doing.  It is iconic, which is why it has appeal.  He never plays wildly different roles where you don't even recognize him.  Christian Bale in American Hustle versus Batman Rises or 3:10 to Yuma .  Tom Cruise in Tropic Thunder. My wife didn't even recognize him.  John Wayne was like that too.  Even when he played Genghis Khan it was still John Wayne.  It is not bad, it is just Jack Nicholson.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Worse than this guy?

That guy is on my City Council!

Scott

My Swing Thread

Well, since I have seen ONE of those movies, of course I would think his best would be the ones I have seen him in. Kinda makes sense right?

Like I said, I am not a big Jack Nicholson fan.

You don't have to be a "Jack Nicholson fan" to enjoy Chinatown, Cuckoo's Nest, Easy Rider, or others. Five Easy Pieces is my favorite Jack Nicholson sleeper flick. The diner scene is priceless...

A Friday funny for the Movie thread.  I don't like all of his stuff, but man, this guy can be really funny.  This is a great blooper reel from some funny films.  If you don't want to watch the whole thing, be sure to at least watch the video starting at 6:27.  Such a funny clip.

@saevel25 You gotta see the Shining all the way through. I mean, come on.

No guarantees you'll like it since it wasn't even all that well received when it came out, but it's been my favorite horror flick for a while now. Obviously a beloved classic for most.

I wonder how I would have reacted to it seeing it as an adult for the first time; honestly, it scarred me so deeply as a kid that maybe that's why I like it so much to this day.

Constantine

@saevel25 You gotta see the Shining all the way through. I mean, come on.  No guarantees you'll like it since it wasn't even all that well received when it came out, but it's been my favorite horror flick for a while now. Obviously a beloved classic for most.  I wonder how I would have reacted to it seeing it as an adult for the first time; honestly, it scarred me so deeply as a kid that maybe that's why I like it so much to this day.

Lol. I saw that movie for the first time at a woefully inappropriate age. I think I was about 9. Heavy shit! I was also pretty young when I saw One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. For those who have never read Cuckoo's nest, I highly recommend it. The novel is told entirely from the schizophrenic perspective of Chief Broom and represents some of Ken Kesey's finest writing. As awesome as the movie is, the book is a total acid trip. Ken Kesey was as far out as they come.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - lipped out birdie for a par. It wasn't as good as I remembered it for being, but it was worth the time to watch (again).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Lol. I saw that movie for the first time at a woefully inappropriate age. I think I was about 9. Heavy shit!

I was also pretty young when I saw One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. For those who have never read Cuckoo's nest, I highly recommend it. The novel is told entirely from the schizophrenic perspective of Chief Broom and represents some of Ken Kesey's finest writing. As awesome as the movie is, the book is a total acid trip. Ken Kesey was as far out as they come.

OOOH, I might have to get the book.

Yea, speaking of inappropriate age. A few movies that scared me off the TV when I was young.

Tommyknockers

Child's Play (any of them, hate that f'ing doll!!!!)

Pet Cemetery

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

The way way back. Definitely a solid birdie.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

@saevel25

You gotta see the Shining all the way through. I mean, come on.

No guarantees you'll like it since it wasn't even all that well received when it came out, but it's been my favorite horror flick for a while now. Obviously a beloved classic for most.

I wonder how I would have reacted to it seeing it as an adult for the first time; honestly, it scarred me so deeply as a kid that maybe that's why I like it so much to this day.

Lol. I saw that movie for the first time at a woefully inappropriate age. I think I was about 9. Heavy shit!

I was also pretty young when I saw One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. For those who have never read Cuckoo's nest, I highly recommend it. The novel is told entirely from the schizophrenic perspective of Chief Broom and represents some of Ken Kesey's finest writing. As awesome as the movie is, the book is a total acid trip. Ken Kesey was as far out as they come.

Obviously the book and movie version are a lot different, but I still love this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Yea, speaking of inappropriate age. A few movies that scared me off the TV when I was young.

Tommyknockers

Child's Play (any of them, hate that f'ing doll!!!!)

Pet Cemetery

Yea there's a definite trend here with the source material because Stephen King's It shattered my once happy view of the universe. My friend's older brother and his friends forced us to watch It when I was like seven years old. Nightmares for weeks.

Another movie that really freaked me out as a kid was Outbreak . I was around 12 at the time. Something about a virus that deadly that really, really made me feel helpless. The covers and night lights definitely didn't help me much over the course of the next few nights :-D

Constantine

You never had to read it in high school or anything? One of my favorite books ever.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

You never had to read it in high school or anything? One of my favorite books ever.

Nope, not required in high school.

Yea there's a definite trend here with the source material because Stephen King's It shattered my once happy view of the universe. My friend's older brother and his friends forced us to watch It when I was like seven years old. Nightmares for weeks.

Another movie that really freaked me out as a kid was Outbreak. I was around 12 at the time. Something about a virus that deadly that really, really made me feel helpless. The covers and night lights definitely didn't help me much over the course of the next few nights

I love "IT", classic. Honestly the ending is trash, but the moving leading up to it is awesome. Clowns are just EVIL!!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag