IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

Quote:

“Captain Marvel” will be Marvel’s first film to star a female character. A member of the United States Air Force, Danvers gains superpowers after her genes are fused with that of the alien race known as the Kree.

Does that mean no Scarlett?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

She's Black Widow, which you will not be able to rent from Red Box because Black Widow isn't getting a movie, despite rumors.

@Lihu , c'mon man!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Scarlet could theoretically be in the movie...... as black widow. That's how people associate with the character and marvel isn't going to change that if they have a say in the matter!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

She's Black Widow, which you will not be able to rent from Red Box because Black Widow isn't getting a movie, despite rumors. @Lihu , c'mon man!

Bummer about the movie, it would have been cool. [quote name="Abu3baid" url="/t/70277/the-films-and-movies-thread/414#post_1070490"] Scarlet could theoretically be in the movie...... as black widow. That's how people associate with the character and marvel isn't going to change that if they have a say in the matter![/quote] So, I'm guessing you were serious about Captain Marvel? Cool that the Black Widow will be in it too! I like her character for many reasons!

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Bummer about the movie, it would have been cool. So, I'm guessing you were serious about Captain Marvel? Cool that the Black Widow will be in it too! I like her character for many reasons!

The quote was right from the article you posted, so yes I was serious.. but on a more serious note... how did you understand from my post that black widow will be in the movie? Anyway, I find her always needing to be saved by the real super heros, but I guess she does play her role well in tight clothes and quick one liners.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

The quote was right from the article you posted, so yes I was serious.. but on a more serious note... how did you understand from my post that black widow will be in the movie?

Anyway, I find her always needing to be saved by the real super heros, but I guess she does play her role well in tight clothes and quick one liners.

You're right, the overly optimistic part of my brain read "could theoretically" to a solid "yes".

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Interstellar. One. More. Week.

:dance:

Bummer, sorry. BTW, who's Captain Marvel?

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/scarlett-johansson-marvel-holding-off-on-black-widow-movie-focuses-on-captain-marvel-instead-1201341771/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Marvel_%28Marvel_Comics%29

No Black Widow movie but she'll still be in the next three Avengers movies and make some other appearances in other films, like Captain America: Civil War. So you'll still be getting plenty of Black Widow/Scarlett, at least for five more movies.

Marvel's strategy is to introduce new characters, like they did with Guardians of the Galaxy. They've proven they can be successful with unknown characters (at least to the masses).

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

No Black Widow movie but she'll still be in the next three Avengers movies and make some other appearances in other films, like Captain America: Civil War. So you'll still be getting plenty of Black Widow/Scarlett, at least for five more movies.

Marvel's strategy is to introduce new characters, like they did with Guardians of the Galaxy. They've proven they can be successful with unknown characters (at least to the masses).

And a few more really good looking Marvel movies coming out soon ;) ...

Have they said who's going to play Captain Marvel? My guess is it will be someone on par with Scarlett looks wise. The inner comic nerd in me loves the more obscure characters they're staying to use more. Guardians were one of my favorites, I was surprised how many had never heard of it.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

i cannot wait for INTERSTELLAR!!!!

Ya'll are talking about movies that are coming years from now, the earliest, May next year. Interstellar is like 4 days away for those in cities w/advanced screenings, 6 for everyone else. Critic reviews aren't matching the hype, but you could say the same for Inception. I have a feeling Interstellar will have a "Did the top topple or not?" type controversy as well. You've got McConaughey, Hathaway, Chastain, Lithgow, Burstyn, Caine, that little red headed girl who makes me dusty, plus Matt Damon in an undisclosed role. And a super secret Zimmer soundtrack.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/why-hollywood-loves-interstellar-director-christopher-nolan-1414677657

I got my ticket!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Have they said who's going to play Captain Marvel? My guess is it will be someone on par with Scarlett looks wise.

The inner comic nerd in me loves the more obscure characters they're staying to use more. Guardians were one of my favorites, I was surprised how many had never heard of it.

Looks like no ... but I found this fun article: http://www.slashfilm.com/captain-marvel-casting/

I vote no on Natalie Dormer because she's already made out with Captain America. :)

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Steve

Ya'll are talking about movies that are coming years from now, the earliest, May.

It's because Marvel RULES ALL!!!

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

The sisters of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies . Not sure what to think of this.

Steve

Because, Space dammit! All eagles.

Steve