IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

Yes, I liked Primer, would give it a birdie. Even though it's low budget, it was a compelling story and you're fixated on figuring out how it all fits together.

the thing i liked about Primer was the feeling of dread it gave me.  its funny that for such a low budget movie, it really knew how to elicit that fear of "oh man, this is not a good idea..."

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The contender - birdie I'm such a geek for even watching it all the way through.. But when the president ..... Ok won't ruin it for anyone that wants to see it..

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

The contender - birdie I'm such a geek for even watching it all the way through.. But when the president ..... Ok won't ruin it for anyone that wants to see it..

Joan Allen, Jeff Bridges, and Gary Oldman? I love all three of them, I'll have to check that out. Never heard of it.

Colin P.

Joan Allen, Jeff Bridges, and Gary Oldman? I love all three of them, I'll have to check that out. Never heard of it.

It's about political maneuvering and basicay trying to get a women VP confirmed, but then they find out she was in an orgy in college.. Oh the drama :) No, there is no x stuff

Eyad

Quote:

Originally Posted by colin007

It's about political maneuvering and basicay trying to get a women VP confirmed, but then they find out she was in an orgy in college.. Oh the drama :)

No, there is no x stuff

This movie was released soon after the Clinton-Monica Lewinsky scandal, no, I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky, and basically mimics the scandal. Maybe it was too true to life and the public was already exhausted by the scandal (I know I was), so it didn't do well box office wise.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Catch me if you can - tap in birdie Just a solid, well, more than solid movie especially the ending! Towards the end I told my wife I think this is a real story, and that is the case! It's just such a great story of how a con artist becomes one of the worlds authorities on bank fraud and ends up making millions anyways.

Eyad

The beautiful mind - hole in one Beautiful true and inspiring story! I love math, love a good story and perseverance when faced with mountains to cross!

Eyad

This is a complex time travel/time loop movie. You will get a mondo headache unravelling it. Some mind blowing concepts on gender and sex mixed in with time looping. [SPOILER=Super Crazy Spoiler:] From Quora:   It's a movie which can lead to you having sex with you, giving birth to you, then bringing yourself back to 1963 to break up the relationship between yourself and yourself and taking yourself as a baby back in time and toping it all by killing yourself?   [URL=https://qph.is.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-6dea3513c16ec4cf26f458aca414447e?convert_to_webp=true]https://qph.is.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-6dea3513c16ec4cf26f458aca414447e?convert_to_webp=true[/URL][/SPOILER]

Interesting movie.. missed the par putt on the low side I'm still trying to wrap my head around how it ended and if the ending makes any sense at all.

Eyad

Gone Girl what a f#@$ed up movie. Solid birdie.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Gone Girl what a f#@$ed up movie. Solid birdie.

[spoiler]You two are the most ****ed up people I've ever met and I deal with ****ed up people for a living. [/spoiler]

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Unbroken - Birdie/near Eagle Guardians of the Galaxy - par(have to say I am a little tired of orb obsessed super hero movies) Hobbit - bogey

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Rewatched Predator. Birdie. Movie is ancient but just a plain fun 80s action flick. So many memorable lines:

Stick around.

Son of a bitch is dug in like an Alabama tick.

You're bleeding. I ain't got time to bleed. Got time to duck? (S**t blows up)

There's something out there and it ain't human. We're all gonna die.

I can make it!

If it bleeds, we can kill it.

I'm gonna have me some fun. I'm gonna have me some fun. I'm gonna have me some fun.

You're..... one..... ugly....... mother****er.

Steve

Can't really get excited over any of the GG Best Picture nominees. Sure, Boyhood was good, approaching great, but not best picture great. I think Two Days, One Night got ignored. As well as The Tale of the Princess Kaguya. Have yet to see Selma though. Hope Ida wins best Foreign Film and Hans Zimmer for Score.

2015 GOLDEN GLOBES NOMINATIONS

Best Motion Picture – Drama
“Boyhood,” IFC Productions and Detour Filmproduction; IFC Films
“Foxcatcher,” Annapurna Pictures; Sony Pictures Classic
“The Imitation Game,” Black Bear Pictures; The Weinstein Company
“Selma,” Paramount Pictures and Pathé; Paramount Pictures
“The Theory of Everything,” Working Title Films; Focus Features

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama
Jennifer Aniston, “Cake”
Felicity Jones, “The Theory of Everything”
Julianne Moore, “Still Alice”
Rosamund Pike, “Gone Girl”
Reese Witherspoon, “Wild”

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture – Drama
Steve Carell, “Foxcatcher”
Benedict Cumberbatch, “The Imitation Game”
Jake Gyllenhaal, “Nightcrawler”
David Oyelowo, “Selma”
Eddie Redmayne, “The Theory of Everything”

Best Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical
“Birdman,” Regency Enterprises and M Productions and Le Grisbi Productions; Fox Searchlight Pictures
“The Grand Budapest Hotel,” American Empirical Picture; Fox Searchlight Pictures
“Into the Woods,” Disney; Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures
“Pride,” Pathé Productions Limited, British Broadcasting Corporation, The British Film Institute and Calamity Films; CBS Films Inc.
“St. Vincent,” Chernin Entertainment; The Weinstein Company

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical
Amy Adams, “Big Eyes”
Emily Blunt, “Into the Woods”
Helen Mirren, “The Hundred-Foot Journey”
Julianne Moore, “Maps to the Stars”
Quvenzhane Wallis, “Annie”

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical
Ralph Fiennes, “The Grand Budapest Hotel”
Michael Keaton, “Birdman”
Bill Murray, “St. Vincent”
Joaquin Phoenix, “Inherent Vice”
Christoph Waltz, “Big Eyes”

Best Animated Feature Film
“Big Hero 6,” Walt Disney Animation Studios; Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures
“The Book of Life,” Twentieth Century Fox and Reel FX Animation Studios; Twentieth Century Fox
“The Boxtrolls,” Laika; Focus Features
“How to Train Your Dragon 2,” DreamWorks Animation LLC; Twentieth Century Fox
“The Lego Movie,” Warner Bros. Pictures / Village Roadshow Pictures / RatPac-Dune Entertainment / Lego System A/S / Vertigo Entertainment/Lin Pictures; Warner Bros. Pictures

Best Foreign Language Film
Force Majeure Turist (Sweden), Coproduction Office; Magnolia Pictures
Gett: The Trial of Viviane (Israel) Amsalem Gett, Arte France Cinéma; Music Box Films
Ida (Poland/Denmark), Phoenix film investments; Music Box Films
Leviathan (Russia) (Левиафан), Non-Stop Production, Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation of the Cinema Funds, RuArts Foundation; Sony Pictures Classics
Tangerines Mandariinid (Estonia), Allfilm

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Patricia Arquette, “Boyhood”
Jessica Chastain, “A Most Violent Year”
Keira Knightley, “The Imitation Game”
Emma Stone, “Birdman”
Meryl Streep, “Into the Woods”

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Robert Duvall, “The Judge”
Ethan Hawke, “Boyhood”
Edward Norton, “Birdman”
Mark Ruffalo, “Foxcatcher”
J.K. Simmons, “Whiplash”

Best Director – Motion Picture
Wes Anderson, “The Grand Budapest Hotel”
Ava DuVernay, “Selma”
David Fincher, “Gone Girl”
Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, “Birdman”
Richard Linklater, “Boyhood”

Best Screenplay – Motion Picture
Wes Anderson, “The Grand Budapest Hotel”
Gillian Flynn, “Gone Girl”
Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, Nicolas Giacobone, Alexander Dinelaris, Armando Bo, “Birdman”
Richard Linklater, “Boyhood”
Graham Moore, “The Imitation Game”

Best Original Score – Motion Picture
Alexandre Desplat, “The Imitation Game”
Johann Johannsson, “The Theory of Everything”
Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross, “Gone Girl”
Antonio Sanchez, “Birdman”
Hans Zimmer, “Interstellar”

Best Original Song – Motion Picture
“Big Eyes” – “Big Eyes,” Music by: Lana Del Rey, Lyrics by: Lana Del Rey
“Glory” – “Selma,” Music by: John Legend, Common, Lyrics by: John Legend, Common
“Mercy Is” – “Noah,” Music by: Patti Smith, Lenny Kaye, Lyrics by: Patti Smith, Lenny Kaye
“Opportunity” – “Annie,” Music by: Greg Kurstin, Sia Furler, Will Gluck, Lyrics by: Greg Kurstin, Sia Furler, Will Gluck
“Yellow Flicker Beat” – “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1, Music by: Lorde, Lyrics by: Lorde

Steve

I've seen five of the six animated movies with my kids. And that's it. There was a time when I'd have watched 80% of the nominees. Boxtrolls was wonderful, by the way. Today, in two attempts I viewed Noah. The first twenty minutes were pretty bad. I shut it off and came back to it later. Definitely a bogey, but it could easily slide to a double, or maybe squeak to a par.

Corey

I've seen five of the six animated movies with my kids. And that's it. There was a time when I'd have watched 80% of the nominees. Boxtrolls was wonderful, by the way.

Yeah, I've only seen 3 of the nominated movies, and all three were in the Animated category.  (Lego, Dragons, and Big Hero 6)  All three were really good, but, yeah, that's all for me this year.

I also got to see Captain America 2, Thor 2 and Guardians, but I think that covers it.  Still want to see the latest Hunger Games.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warren Zevon

I've seen five of the six animated movies with my kids. And that's it. There was a time when I'd have watched 80% of the nominees. Boxtrolls was wonderful, by the way.

Yeah, I've only seen 3 of the nominated movies, and all three were in the Animated category.  (Lego, Dragons, and Big Hero 6)  All three were really good, but, yeah, that's all for me this year.

I also got to see Captain America 2, Thor 2 and Guardians, but I think that covers it.  Still want to see the latest Hunger Games.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

This is hilarious. And spot on. Spoilers. NSFW.

Steve