IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

Anyone see the "Age of Ultron"????  Whats the verdict, should I go see it in theater when I visit the states?

I went to it a couple days ago, it wasn't a bust but I was definitely expecting more.  The action was excellent but they spent too much time on the lame heroes-- black widow and the bow and arrow guy.  The new heroes they introduced seemed really lame as well and there was a weird amount of drama in it.  Anyway, my biggest beef was probably the story.  I know comic books are hardly high brow writing but the story behind Ultron was just random and dumb.

I left the theater thinking maybe they did this movie weak on purpose so they can really blow people away in the next one.  Semi-Spoiler:  After the credits roll the screen cuts to Thanos and he makes a fist and says I guess I'll do it myself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abu3baid

Anyone see the "Age of Ultron"????  Whats the verdict, should I go see it in theater when I visit the states?

I went to it a couple days ago, it wasn't a bust but I was definitely expecting more.  The action was excellent but they spent too much time on the lame heroes-- black widow and the bow and arrow guy.  The new heroes they introduced seemed really lame as well and there was a weird amount of drama in it.  Anyway, my biggest beef was probably the story.  I know comic books are hardly high brow writing but the story behind Ultron was just random and dumb.

I left the theater thinking maybe they did this movie weak on purpose so they can really blow people away in the next one.  Semi-Spoiler:  After the credits roll the screen cuts to Thanos and he makes a fist and says I guess I'll do it myself.

Yeah, my bad - I meant, after the end credits.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Avengers 2.5: Captain America vs Iron Man starts production

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/captain-america-civil-war-starts-production-adds-rudd-and-more-to-cast

Quote:

Production has officially begun on Marvel Studios' "Captain America: Civil War," and with it comes an official Marvel press release that confirms the film's massive cast is even bigger than fans previously suspected, with Paul Rudd appearing as Ant-Man, and William Hurt reprising his role as Thunderbolt Ross for the first time since 2008's "Incredible Hulk."

Official Press Release

ATLANTA, GEORGIA (May 7, 2015) – Marvel Studios has commenced principal photography at Pinewood Studios in Atlanta, Georgia on “Captain America: Civil War,” the third installment of its Super Hero franchise. The production will shoot on location in Atlanta, Georgia, which serves as the base for the film’s production, as well as locations in Germany, Puerto Rico and Iceland.

Set for release in the United States on May 6, 2016, “Captain America: Civil War” is directed by Anthony and Joe Russo (Marvel’s “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Community”) from a screenplay by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely (“Captain America: The Winter Solider,” Marvel’s “Captain America: The First Avenger”). The film returns Chris Evans (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” Marvel’s “Avengers: Age of Ultron”) as the iconic Super Hero character Steve Rogers/Captain America along with Robert Downey Jr. (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” Marvel’s “Iron Man 3”) as Tony Stark/Iron Man, Scarlett Johansson (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier”) as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow, Sebastian Stan (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Captain America: The First Avenger”) as Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier, Anthony Mackie (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier”) as Sam Wilson/Falcon, Paul Bettany (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Iron Man 3”) as The Vision, Jeremy Renner (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” Marvel’s “The Avengers”) as Clint Barton/Hawkeye, Don Cheadle (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Iron Man 3”) as Jim Rhodes/War Machine and Elizabeth Olsen (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Godzilla”) as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch.

After his debut in Marvel’s “Ant-Man” on July 17, 2015, Paul Rudd (“Ant-Man,” ”Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues”) will make his first appearance alongside the Avengers as Scott Lang/Ant-Man in “Captain America: Civil War.”

The film also includes outstanding additional cast, including Chadwick Boseman (“42,” “Get on Up”) as T’Challa/Black Panther, Emily VanCamp (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Revenge”) as Sharon Carter/Agent 13, Daniel Brühl (“Inglourious Basterds,” “Bourne Ultimatum”), Frank Grillo (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Warrior”) as Brock Rumlow/Crossbones, William Hurt (“A History of Violence,” Marvel’s “The Incredible Hulk”) as General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross and Martin Freeman (“The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,” “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies”).

“Captain America: Civil War” picks up where “Avengers: Age of Ultron” left off, as Steve Rogers leads the new team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. After another international incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability and a governing body to determine when to enlist the services of the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers while they try to protect the world from a new and nefarious villain.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Draft Day. Birdie for likeability of Costner. I watched this movie the other night and am watching it again as we speak. Ending most likely not how the draft goes down but I enjoyed the hell out of this movie.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck gets a birdie. Awesome personal, in-depth look at the Nirvana front man. Makes me want to listen to the Unplugged performance again. I was surprised to see that Dave Grohl wasn't interviewed.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

It Follows. Par. Although this indie horror got rave reviews in movie festivals, it was a bit of a letdown, I was expecting something on par with the great horror movies but it's not. It was still pretty good. I must have seen too many movies, but I wasn't scared at all but I was disturbed. The "being" was interesting though despite the weird rules. Will still lookout for the director's next movie though.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Saw "Age of Ultron" yesterday. Meh, bogey. Still better than [i]Birdman[/i]. Come to think of it, all four movies I saw in a theater this year -- Kingsmen, Furious 7, Labyrinth (special screening), and Age of Ultron were better than Birdman. They just picked the wrong year to be released it seems.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Jupiter Ascending. Tap in double bogey. I knew it got poor reviews so background watched it as will give any sci fi movie a chance. Very conventional story considering it's the brothers who made The Matrix. Not really fond of the acting with exception of Sean Bean. The Matrix and Cloud Atlas are the only two good movies the W brothers made. Viva la Libertà - Tap in par. Cute comedy - brothers switch places. One's a cabinet member, the other, a professor w/a joie de vivre. A more subtle version of the American movie, Dave.

Steve

I didn't have a problem with Jupiter Ascending, I'd give it a par because I went in not expecting an awesome movie.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

The word so far on Mad Max: Fury Road is that it's pretty good.

Lots of fresh ratings from RT, and these:

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/05/mad-max-fury-road-review

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/review-mad-max-fury-road-is-a-high-watermark-for-blockbuster-action-films

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/may/11/mad-max-fury-road-review-tom-hardy

Steve

Just got "Gone Girl" on Netflix -

very impressed - lots of under the surface commentary on 'standard' relationships

Bill - 

Just got "Gone Girl" on Netflix -

very impressed - lots of under the surface commentary on 'standard' relationships

Love it when he says, You... ****ing... Bitch!

Gonna need to rewatch Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior. It's been so long, I forgot a lot of what happened. Anyone care to do a one off TST watch? It's 34 years old, so not gonna be hard to find on any of the digital streaming services - iTunes/Amazon/Google Play. No..., it's not on US Netflix Instant, m'kay?

Steve

Gonna need to rewatch Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior. It's been so long, I forgot a lot of what happened. Anyone care to do a one off TST watch? It's 34 years old, so not gonna be hard to find on any of the digital streaming services - iTunes/Amazon/Google Play. No..., it's not on US Netflix Instant, m'kay?

Sure. I haven't searched the streaming, but I'd be fine renting it and watching it. I enjoyed it when I was younger but haven't seen it in years.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

[quote name="nevets88" url="/t/70277/the-films-and-movies-thread/756#post_1140947"] Gonna need to rewatch Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior. It's been so long, I forgot a lot of what happened. Anyone care to do a one off TST watch? It's 34 years old, so not gonna be hard to find on any of the digital streaming services - iTunes/Amazon/Google Play. No..., it's not on US Netflix Instant, m'kay?

Sure. I haven't searched the streaming, but I'd be fine renting it and watching it. I enjoyed it when I was younger but haven't seen it in years.[/quote] I'm watching it in the next few days. I guess whomever watches we can discuss here in a week?

Steve

Mad Max 2. Birdie. I thought I totally forgot what happened in the movie, but watching it again, it all came back and it hasn't aged too badly, it's kind of hard not in an end of the world scenario where everything stops advancing. Compared to the previews of the new Mad Max, even though the production looks dated, it captures the survivalist mode grimly and well. Love the minor characters like helicopter guy and feral kid. Looking forward to Fury Road, this time water's the previous resource and a woman kicks ass.

And Furiosa - best female character name, ever.

Steve

• Administrator

The wife and I watched Lucy last night and… Uhhhh… I'm giving it a triple bogey. At least it was only 90 minutes long.

Totally not what I was expecting. I thought it was something more like "government experiment gone wrong" or something. Not "drugs make you morph into a computer and be able to control mind, matter, electromagnetic waves, etc." Made no sense.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The wife and I watched Lucy last night and… Uhhhh… I'm giving it a triple bogey. At least it was only 90 minutes long. Totally not what I was expecting. I thought it was something more like "government experiment gone wrong" or something. Not "drugs make you morph into a computer and be able to control mind, matter, electromagnetic waves, etc." Made no sense.

The plot/writing was awful terrible as well as the ending but some of the action scenes were kind of cool. I'd give it something between a bogey and a double. Definitely not good enough to be part of my collection. Reminds me of Transcendence. Another stinker.

Steve