IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

Wonder Woman, birdie, despite its flaws and cliches, seeing Jenny from Forest Gump being a badass Amazon and WW taking action between the trenches made it worth it. And we finally have a female lead superhero, about time.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Wonder Woman, birdie, despite its flaws and cliches, seeing Jenny from Forest Gump being a badass Amazon and WW taking action between the trenches made it worth it. And we finally have a female lead superhero, about time.

You mean Princess Buttercup!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Just now, boogielicious said:

You mean Princess Buttercup!

ZOMG, yes, her!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I sat through Pirates of the Caribbean today.  It was predictable and I felt like they tried to wrap the series but ran out of story.   At least a bogie....

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Wonder Woman was absolutely spectacular. 

As a long time collector of comics, I could not ask for a better portayal. Movie was amazing start to finish. 

3 hours ago, Apoc81 said:

Wonder Woman was absolutely spectacular. 

As a long time collector of comics, I could not ask for a better portayal. Movie was amazing start to finish. 

So how would you rate it, birdie, eagle....?

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

So how would you rate it, birdie, eagle....?

Albatross?

Gadot truly looks like a goddess in full regalia, it;s an excellent origin story, and fun, entertaining film. 

• Administrator

Today, while doing other work, I watched the second "Independence Day" movie.

It was so bad I kept watching it to see how much worse it could be. I mean, on one hand I'd give it a "picked up, was at double par and still not on the green," but as an MST3K type show… a birdie from long range.

I mean, it was just so bad, it was kinda good. But still horrible. If you know what I mean…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Watched Wonder Woman yesterday.   It was one of the best action movies I've seen in a long time.   It was exciting, action packed from the beginning to the end with a great story line.   Gal Gadot plays the character very believable and the movie flows without hesitation.  

eagleBC.jpg

Edited by dennyjones

A friend recommended (well, mentioned) to me the movie He Was a Quiet Man, so I just watched it. 

It was very weird, but I did enjoy it. I give it a par, almost a birdie. Worth the watch but not something you write home ab

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Ha ha, Robin Wright was awesome in WW. SHIELD!

Steve

• Administrator

Saw Wonder Woman.

Bogey? Par? Birdie? I don't know. I'm going with Bogey.

I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't that. The storyline seemed stupid and thin. She thinks if she kills Aries, all war will end… but it doesn't. Obviously. Then some stupid bit about "love"? And she's a God the whole time, and the sister of Aries? Or… something?

I dunno. The fight scenes were cool. Gal Gadot is a good Wonder Woman. I'll give a sequel a watch, perhaps. But… meh.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 5/8/2017 at 8:43 AM, jsgolfer said:

Damn I hope the movie is good as it looks.

mtv-it.jpg.e710af01ebbf101b1e080b4c619eb479.jpg

Between this and The Gunslinger, this can either be an epic year for Stephen King fans or is going to be a nightmare (no pun intended) 

Looking forward to both. 

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

Saw Wonder Woman.

Bogey? Par? Birdie? I don't know. I'm going with Bogey.

I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't that. The storyline seemed stupid and thin. She thinks if she kills Aries, all war will end… but it doesn't. Obviously. Then some stupid bit about "love"? And she's a God the whole time, and the sister of Aries? Or… something?

I dunno. The fight scenes were cool. Gal Gadot is a good Wonder Woman. I'll give a sequel a watch, perhaps. But… meh.

I totally agree with you on the love thing, I eyerolled so hard. The first and second acts were enough to offset that third for me. Maybe I've watched too many WW I movies and docs, but that trench scene was awesometacular.

Steve

12 minutes ago, iacas said:

That is same consensus from the reviews I read. Mostly that she was a very good Wonder Woman. The character was pretty good, but the ending almost ruins the movie. 

Edited by saevel25

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

The Boss - Bogey. Even with low expectations, this fell below them. The funny parts are all in the preview. Actually, the girl scout fight is the only funny part, really.

The worst thing is… the movie doesn't even really end properly. It just ends. Like they thought "okay, we just have to get 90 minutes of movie out of this, and that will fulfill the contract. There, we did it, roll credits!"

• Administrator

Hidden Figures, birdie. Better than I thought. I get focusing on Taraji P. Henson's figure, but I think they could have done more with the others, too. Though it took place in the early 1960s, it's still tough to believe (I wasn't born until 1978) that racism and sexism were so prevalent even then.

LEGO: The Batman Movie, bogey. I was excited to see this. Batman in the first LEGO movie was great. This one was weak, and the novelty of animated LEGOs with their little funny hands and all that stuff has worn a bit thin.

Lost in Paris, Maudie, birdie.

Looking forward to The Little Hours and Baby Driver

Steve