iacas

The Films and Movies Thread

2,035 posts / 140282 viewsLast Reply

Free Solo - Documentary film about Alex Honnold's free climbing El Capitan. 

A gripping film. As suspenseful as any movie I've ever watched. You just never want to think about what it would be like to be in the positions he put himself in to climb El Capitan!

I give this an Eagle. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Free Solo - Documentary film about Alex Honnold's free climbing El Capitan. 

A gripping film. As suspenseful as any movie I've ever watched. You just never want to think about what it would be like to be in the positions he put himself in to climb El Capitan!

I give this an Eagle. 

If you are in a mood for another climbing movie and have Netflix,  check out The Dawn Wall. It’s about the guy from Free Solo who helped Honnold.

11 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

If you are in a mood for another climbing movie and have Netflix,  check out The Dawn Wall. It’s about the guy from Free Solo who helped Honnold.

I was just amazed at how this guy can get his body is a weird position and still have the grip strength to not fall. The foot holds for that climb were sometimes just enough to get his big toe grip. 

On 2/16/2020 at 5:38 PM, saevel25 said:

I was just amazed at how this guy can get his body is a weird position and still have the grip strength to not fall. The foot holds for that climb were sometimes just enough to get his big toe grip. 

These climbers are like human Spider-Man.

The Invisible Man. Birdie. Loosely based on HG Wells’ story, this movie was tense, scary and layered. 

With COVID-19 being out there, I will be watching movies via iTunes or some other online rental/purchase places. 

I fear movie theaters will be hit hard by this for a couple of months.

22 minutes ago, Yukari said:

With COVID-19 being out there, I will be watching movies via iTunes or some other online rental/purchase places. 

Several movies have moved their launch date.

59 minutes ago, Yukari said:

I was going to take my son to see Onward, but now we’re going to wait for it to come out on dvd.

Yesterday. Birdie. Some British humor which is always good. Fun film and a good idea. 

invisible-man-emma-trolls-world-tour-the

Universal is officially making its current movies available in homes as early as Friday for $19.99. Trolls World Tour is coming early too.

Good time to watch some recent releases at home...

Finally watched Rocketman. Par. I liked the musical numbers and I love Elton John's music, but it was kind of a standard musician recovery from addiction movie.

Dragged Over Concrete.  Bogey.  Overly long Mel Gibson / Vince Vaughn flick that has one or two extremely gory moments.  Not a horrible movie, but there’s a lot of time spent listening to the two leads while they sit in a car on a stakeout.  

It's not a film or movie but we just finished watching season 1 of Star Trek: Picard.   Albatross!  

of course you have to have the history of his previous series and movies.    If you don't have CBS: All Access, this series and the new Twilight Zone are worth the extra few $$.  

Dr. Sleep: Snowman.

Awful. It’s like the writer/director tried to be Kubrick and failed miserably. Disorganized, poor character development and abysmal sequencing. 

Edited by Vinsk

51 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

It's not a film or movie but we just finished watching season 1 of Star Trek: Picard.   Albatross!  

of course you have to have the history of his previous series and movies.    If you don't have CBS: All Access, this series and the new Twilight Zone are worth the extra few $$.  

CBS All Access is free for a month. I forget the details, just look it up. And use the code for the no ad version. It should work.

Yesterday - Solid par on a tough hole. Cute story with fun humor and good acting. As a Beatles fan myself, I enjoyed it. Ed Sheehan was good too.