IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

• Administrator

Two minutes of your life well spent right here:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

If you want to feel that some good came of the global pandemic and shutdown, I highly recommend watching this:

1200x675.jpg

Narrated by David Attenborough, never-before-seen footage shows how our living in lockdown opened the door for nature to bounce back and thrive. Acros…

If that link doesn't work eventually, it's "The Year Earth Changed" on Apple TV+.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Nobody, birdie. The story is a bit thin, but the action was much better than I thought it would be. I still won't see Bob Odenkirk as an action figure, but… his stunt double did pretty good, I guess? 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Mr & Mrs Smith, tap in par. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Mortal Kombat. Par. Don’t really know the game. Fun action. Meh storyline. Captain Obvious me. 

Stowaway. Bogey. Thinly written. Some interesting space scenes. Ending makes you go that’s it?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Cruella, easy birdie, and I'm trying really hard not to give it an eagle. I think I'll manage because I'm not sure it's super rewatchable, but it was very good as an origin story, very good even to me as a guy in a story about fashion and women, and… Emma Stone kicked butt, honestly. Such expressive eyes, and she controls them so well, and it's just so well acted by Emma Thompson as well.

73% critic, and 97% audience score at Rotten Tomatoes.

So yeah, a solid birdie.

44 minutes ago, iacas said:

Cruella, easy birdie, and I'm trying really hard not to give it an eagle. I think I'll manage because I'm not sure it's super rewatchable, but it was very good as an origin story, very good even to me as a guy in a story about fashion and women, and… Emma Stone kicked butt, honestly. Such expressive eyes, and she controls them so well, and it's just so well acted by Emma Thompson as well.

73% critic, and 97% audience score at Rotten Tomatoes.

So yeah, a solid birdie.

So was the movie a par but Emma Stone the eagle, resulting in the birdie?  You can separate them...

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

So was the movie a par but Emma Stone the eagle, resulting in the birdie?  You can separate them...

No, you can't. Because you can't just watch Emma Stone or something. 🙂

One Night in Miami. Easy birdie. Great acting. It was originally a play.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 2 weeks later...

Conjuring 3: The Devil Made Me Do It.

Bogey. I enjoyed the Conjuring series for the most part. But this one had the tired old theme of possession and demons. If I have to see another demon or possessed person with their joints going backwards I’m gonna lose it. Lol. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Rewatched How to Train your Dragon, easy Birdie. One of my favorite modern animated movies. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Went on a Christopher Reeve kick last week. He's an underrated actor, so much charisma. 

Somewhere in Time - IDK if it's a birdie or an eagle, but it's magnificent. my wife said she didn't like the ending, but she's still been talking about it days later so it must be great. 

Deathtrap - easy birdie. Reeve more than holds his own against Michael Caine. Marvelous.

Colin P.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Marauders, bogey. The military tie-in stuff was weak, which made the whole story line weak.

The American, par. I almost gave this a bogey, too. Normally assassin movies rate highly for me, but this one, meh. He was a gunsmith and an assassin? I don't know. Did he die at the end? He knew he was injured. Mortally so? Whatever. This isn't Butch Cassidy.

• Administrator

Vantage Point, par. It's nearly a birdie, but I can only assume Zoe Saldana dies, so… needed more loose ends tied up. Actually, I'm not 100% certain of everyone's ties. Whose brother is who? What? Huh? Maybe I just didn't pay close enough attention.

• Administrator

Gringo, with Charlize Theron and Amanda Seyfried and a bunch of nobodies. Bogey. It was an okay use of time, with some "capers" and "escapades" and the ending was perfectly satisfying, but… meh. It was just fine.

• Administrator

The Double, a 2011 Richard Gere/Topher Grace film about a Russian assassin.

Par. Better than I expected.

The Usual Suspects, with my wife. Birdie. Almost an eagle, but it doesn't entirely hold up if you know the ending. There aren't that many little clues planted throughout, unlike some films of this type.

And yes, I've been watching a lot of movies lately for some reason.

1 minute ago, iacas said:

The Usual Suspects, with my wife. Birdie. Almost an eagle, but it doesn't entirely hold up if you know the ending. There aren't that many little clues planted throughout, unlike some films of this type.

I don't know why, but I just enjoy watching this movie. I've probably seen it like a dozen times now. Maybe I don't over analyze it, and more so just enjoy the characters just getting fooled. Like, I don't nit pick movies much anyways, or if I know the surprise ending then I don't really care if some earlier plot stuff doesn't hold up as well. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

The Suicide Squad.  Missed a two foot birdie putt for a par.  So much better than the dreck of the first one.  Lots of fun, swearing, and gore.  I made it a par instead of a birdie because a few most of the characters I liked didn't make it to the end.

Corey