IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

I watched The Rover on Netflix the other day. It's kind of vague, but I enjoyed it. Barely a par. Guy Pearce is still awesome.

Corey

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A Most Violent Year - birdie... I guess

The critics loved this movie. I suffer from mob overload, Tony Soprano, Corleone, etc... and I really liked this director's other movies, Margin Call and All is Lost because both were on subjects that fascinate me - the financial debacle and the getting stranded at sea, but this, not as much. But this isn't your typical mob movie in structure and I could not predict what would happen. Kind of a study in surviving in a corrupt world. Director did an amazing job of making NYC look like it was in the early 80s w/the graffiti. So now I've seen Isaacs in two movies so I can easily spot him in Star Wars this December. He's a good actor but man he keeps playing unlikeable characters, Jessica Chastain kills it as lady MacBeth from the hood accountant. David Oyelowo from Selma and Albert Brooks does consigliere.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Just noticed this is on Netflix Instant (US) - Dead Snow - Eagle. Two words: Nazi Zombies.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

My Old Lady with Kevin Kline, Maggie Smith and Kristin Scott Thomas.  Par.  The acting was excellent.  The story was a bit meandering but overall a good drama.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Last Days of Vietnam, streaming free today. It's a 2015 Oscar nominee. Still working my way through it. Birdie. Amazing coverage of people getting out to S Vietnam. There's pushing helicopters off large ships, Chinooks breaking apart, ships filled to ten times capacity. [URL=http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/films/lastdays/player/]http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/films/lastdays/player/[/URL]

Steve

The Birdcage Robin Williams, Nathan Lane Absolutely hysterical. The dinner scene is a classic of awkward riotous humor. Eagle. [VIDEO]The Birdcage - Original Trailer: http://youtu.be/P7FcPlt8hHc[/VIDEO]

Colin P.

Inherent Vice. PTA, I loved Boogie Nights but this was a confusing mess and I see why people are walking out on this film. Funny comment I heard - if I were watching this on DVD I'd walk out of my own house. Maybe if I read the book first. There are some funny bits but I can't make out some of the dialogue with the mumbling and female vocal fry. For some weird reason I now feel compelled to read Pynchon's book. Tiger Woods blade chip over the green bogey. [video]http://youtu.be/OUZgOQ186-A[/video]

Steve

The Judge - Birdie.  Great acting and interesting story.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Watched "John Wick" yesterday evening.  Great movie!

Driver: Titleist TSR1 12*

3 Wood: Titleist TSR1 15*

4 Hybrid: Titleist TSR1 20*

Irons: Titleist T350 5-W2 23*-53*

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50.12F, 56.14F

Putter: Titleist SC Super Select Newport 2

Still Alice - Woman just turned 50 learns she has a rare form of Alzheimer's. I don't know as much about Alzheimer's as I should, this was eye-opening, especially learning the stigma attached to it. JM is an amazing actress and works well with Baldwin - you totally forget them as a couple in 30 Rock. I got dusty a couple of times. Birdie.

Steve

Great news

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id;=59174

Quote:

Under the deal, the new Spider-Man will first appear in a Marvel film from Marvel's Cinematic Universe (MCU). Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017, in a film that will be co-produced by Kevin Feige and his expert team at Marvel and Amy Pascal, who oversaw the franchise launch for the studio 13 years ago. Together, they will collaborate on a new creative direction for the web slinger. Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films.

Marvel and Sony Pictures are also exploring opportunities to integrate characters from the MCU into future Spider-Man films.

The new relationship follows a decade of speculation among fans about whether Spider-Man – who has always been an integral and important part of the larger Marvel Universe in the comic books – could become part of the Marvel Universe on the big screen. Spider-Man has more than 50 years of history in Marvel's world, and with this deal, fans will be able to experience Spider-Man taking his rightful place among other Super Heroes in the MCU.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Whiplash - - birdie!

Oscar worthy performance by J K Simmons alone is worth the price of admission.

Weird Al, Whiplash crossover:

Steve

Into the Woods

Terrible words to a golfer. Good thing it's the name of a Sondheim musical. Lots of big name stars casted - Streep, Depp, Emily Blunt, Chris Pine, Anna Kendrick. The surprise is they all have good singing chops (well, Chris Pine.) Oscar Noms - I thought Streep - nominated for an Oscar again? Now I see she deserves it - more so than for Osage County last year. She played the witch with a nasty comedic panache, channeling Carole Kane's Miracle Max's wife in the Princess Bride (LIAR!!! LIAR LIAR LIAR!) *and* she can sing although it's hard to top the original witch, Bernadette Peters. Chris Pine did a better William Shatner than he did in Star Trek singing "Agony", it was over the top funny, people were getting a good chuckle from him as he intended.

Lots of Sondheim devotees sung bloody murder to the Disneyfication of the musical, removing some of the darkness from the original, the death of a tragic character, but better to get something released than not at all and let a great musical get more exposure. The movie still retains some of the grim (pun intended) aspects of the original. Seeing this, I wish there were more musicals made and fewer superhero movies (too, too many of them), even though I'll still watch most of them... probably. Anna Kendrick I was especially impressed with her voice and musicality - perhaps she can handle a lead Broadway musical role. The little girl as little Red Riding Hood stole her scenes.

Looks like a par but then a birdie , luckily knocked in by gusts flapped by Cinderella's birds. The music of prologue remains one of my favorite Sondheim pieces. The original production casts a big shadow, go find a copy of it and watch that to see what I mean. That, gets an eagle.

Steve

The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Official Trailer #1 (2015)

Not a Guy Ritchie fan but this looks like it could be fun:

Steve

Oh dear Lord, help us with the coming 50 shades of gray/grey, oh who the **** cares avalanche. I am going to try and filter this s**t out of my life if possible.

Steve

Oh dear Lord, help us with the coming 50 shades of gray/grey, oh who the **** cares avalanche. I am going to try and filter this s**t out of my life if possible.

Not so sure I'm against this one actually... I could care less about this movie. HOWEVER, I do remember the week my wife spent reading this book. I'm hoping the movie will have the same effect... if you know what I mean. :whistle:

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa