IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

Saw The Death of Stalin twice now. Highly recommend this be watched. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Made a top ten opening scenes list:

Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 1.06.48 PM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Made a top ten opening scenes list:

Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 1.06.48 PM.png

Pretty good choices

We saw Tomb Raider (new) in the theater last Sunday.   It started good but ended weak.   I'd give it a par but wait for the DVD version.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

IMG_9536.PNG

Top 10 Spielberg

Steve

Isle of Dogs is a movie where being a golfer truly helps describe a synopsis of my feelings. If it were a round of golf, par 72, it would shoot 70, but no pars, two birdies, the rest eagles or double bogeys.

Steve

Deadpool 2 Trailer - Can't Wait!

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Watched Darkest Hour.  Great movie.  Birdie.  Very interesting to see how Churchill, against all odds, stood by his decision (with a little encouragement) to overcome seemingly unsurmountable odds.  Also very entertaining to see all the back stabbing that goes on in politics.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awww jeez, I need some tissues.

Steve

A Quiet Place. Birdie. Barely. It's good, didn't quite live up to the hype, can't go into it without spoilers. 

I wanted to be scared out of my wits but wasn't that scared. Was very very tense though. 

Steve

Went to see Tomb Raider over the weekend.  Par for me, decent film based on the game reboot.  Probably could've had a little more Laura Croft on the island alone against the bad guys but still a fun move to watch. 

Alicia Vikander

Alicia_Vikander.thumb.jpg.87894064ca8d3564e3422eb7a3a23ee8.jpg

However, I can't wait for this.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Tremors. Birdie. Silly but fun. 

Steve

2001 restoration coming to a theater near you, May 18. Eagle.

Steve

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:50 PM, nevets88 said:

Coco - Eagle. I would put this among Pixar's best, the music didn't grab me, may have to re listen to make sure, but great storytelling. 

I agree on the eagle rating.  I watched "Coco" on our flight to Phoenix back in late March.  Cried twice. :facepalm

Our granddaughter (23 years old) and I have pledged to celebrate Día de los Muertos each year after watching the film. We will, of course, put our own spin on the event but I am looking forward to Oct/Nov.

Brian Kuehn

This has been out for awhile but just saw it and got dusty.

Steve

Infinity War was fun. Birdie. 

Steve

On 4/21/2018 at 5:15 PM, bkuehn1952 said:

I agree on the eagle rating.  I watched "Coco" on our flight to Phoenix back in late March.  Cried twice.

Definite eagle.  I'm Mexican, most of my family still lives there, and there were a lot of little cultural nuances they got spot on.  Definitely an enjoyable movie and a tear jerker too.

Diego’s Gear
Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha at 11.5*
5W: Taylormade Jetspeed 19*
Hybrid: Ping G5 22*
Irons: Mizuno MX-23 4-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Ping Ketsch 33”
My Swing: https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/93417-my-swing-foot-wedge/

On 4/27/2018 at 6:27 AM, nevets88 said:

Infinity War was fun. Birdie. 

I thought so too.  Although I found his motivation a little weak, Thanos was very well done, even for a Marvel villain.  

Corey

Coco coming to US Netflix end of May. That was fast.

Steve