IGNORED

Pants/Slacks or Shorts??

PapaBear
Note: This thread is 3835 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My experience is pretty much anything goes as far as clothes regardless of what the posted policy is. My home course was once a private club and for a public course it's somewhat fancy. I see guys in t-shirts and cargo shorts out there all the time. The only course I am certain would enforce the dress code is my parents club and probably only in the dining areas. My step-dad is well off and he wears some ratty stuff.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How about a slight off-topic. What about on the range? Let's say you're at a course/club with a nice range - well maintained grass and good short game area. Shorts or slacks? Collared shirt or nice presentable breathable moisture wicking t-shirt?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I go to the range wearing whatever I'm wearing when the opportunity to hit range pops up. I've gone in a suit, just take the jacket off, roll up the sleeves, get my Trues out if the trunk and off I go.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Out where I live, it gets HOT, so in the summer I wear shorts all the time. During the nicer months I'll wear either... I'm comfortable in pants up to about 90 and in shorts down to about 70 so if the temp in in that range I might wear either. Sunday we'll be playing at Oak Quarry in Riverside and even though the high will be in the 80s I'll likely wear pants as it'll be fairly cold when we tee off.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

How about a slight off-topic. What about on the range? Let's say you're at a course/club with a nice range - well maintained grass and good short game area. Shorts or slacks? Collared shirt or nice presentable breathable moisture wicking t-shirt?

Nice range?

I will take a hint from the guys out there. Always a collared polo, but shorts or slacks are dependent on weather. It's my policy to wear slacks when possible because I want to ... but when it hovers around 90, the liteweight slacks are gone and the shorts are on.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Nice range?

I will take a hint from the guys out there. Always a collared polo, but shorts or slacks are dependent on weather. It's my policy to wear slacks when possible because I want to ... but when it hovers around 90, the liteweight slacks are gone and the shorts are on.

Tell the truth Mr. Desmond.  You always go decked out in your Ian Poulter wear!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to start explaining to me my reasons for doing, or not doing, something. Didn't have to wait long, I should have started an over/under on it. I posted my reasons and none of them had anything to do with what pros are doing, but I'm glad you're around to tell me that I like lemonade more than water.

Hey, while you're at it, I can't decide on salmon or ham for dinner, could you tell which I prefer please? Thanks, you truly are wis.

LOL.

Come on Ernest don't you remember?  You don't like salmon or ham.

How about a slight off-topic. What about on the range? Let's say you're at a course/club with a nice range - well maintained grass and good short game area. Shorts or slacks? Collared shirt or nice presentable breathable moisture wicking t-shirt?

At my course the same dress code applies to the whole facility

Tell the truth Mr. Desmond.  You always go decked out in your Ian Poulter wear!

True ...Mr. Squint bought more on ebay during the summer. Tough to resist $120 slacks at $30-35 of excellent quality... now, I'm waiting for the weather to turn. His cotton and wool-blend slacks are for below 75 degrees.

And what I like about his slacks, is that he has a lot of solids that one can wear for business, and then go immediately to the range/course with that IJP Polo and Trues in the bag!

Just wait for the pics and reviews... lol

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I have clothes that I would not wear anyplace other than the course, i.e.plaid pants, in order to justify having purchased those garments: if I have a club in my hand,whether it be at the range,a par 3 goat track, or a club on par with the likes of Bushwood CC, I will wear the appropriate attire.

Superfast 12 LS Driver set at 10*w/ProLaunch red shaft

:callaway:RazrFitXtreme w/MatrixBlackTie 15*:adams:Idea ProBlack hybrid 16*:adams: Idea ProBlack Hybrid 20*  :callaway: RazrX Forged 4-PW  CG14  54* S Wedge

Idea A3 60*  L wedge

:rife: IBF Aussie Tour Blade putter

Better wear the pants while we can.

According to Nature Magazine, by 2047, the coldest temperatures on Earth will be higher than the current hottest temperatures.

I may be playing my last rounds by then, but you guys, please carry on.. don't :surrender:

Same here. I don't have anything against people wearing jeans to play, I just never have seen it. Every course I've played has had a dress code that said no jeans.

The only time anybody wore jeans on my course was when Willie Nelson showed up as a guest, and nobody had the nerve to say anything to him about it. We don't have a specific no-weed policy but, if we did, I am sure that rule was broken that day as well.

Bill M

Believe it or not, there are other places in the country than New England, and we aren't all as stuffy.  We recognize that there are people in the world for whom denim is the casual wear of choice, and that it doesn't say anything at all about their personality or financial position.  I played with a US Congressman on my my home course a few years ago and he was wearing blue jeans, just like I was.  So you can look down your nose at me all you want... doesn't mean a thing.

Yeah, everything is relative.  Here is Socal, at the pricier, resort-type places, it's going to be the standard "collared-shirt, no denim, no cutoffs."  At the cheaper muni's, I am pretty sure you can wear whatever you want, although since it's usually warm enough to play in shorts around here, and jean shorts are very NOT cool ;), you're still not going to see a lot of denim.

On the other hand, when I go to Fresno at Christmas and it's 35* out in the morning, then jeans over thermal underwear is definitely an acceptable getup.

@Fourputt ... I can't find it on their website anymore, but when I went to Old Works back in June I checked their dress code.  (Mind you, this is probably the nicest course I have ever played, however, it just happens to be located in the middle of a very small, former mining/smelting town in Montana)  It was amusing to me because it basically said that they recommend that you wear shoes.  ANd that was pretty much the extent of it.  They don't care if you wear a collared shirt, or denim pants or shorts, and they don't even really care if you wear shoes ... they would just prefer it if you did.  I thought that was hilarious.  (Of course, everybody there is basically wearing typical golf outfits anyway)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Believe it or not, there are other places in the country than New England, and we aren't all as stuffy.  We recognize that there are people in the world for whom denim is the casual wear of choice, and that it doesn't say anything at all about their personality or financial position.  I played with a US Congressman on my my home course a few years ago and he was wearing blue jeans, just like I was.  So you can look down your nose at me all you want... doesn't mean a thing.

Yeah, everything is relative.  Here is Socal, at the pricier, resort-type places, it's going to be the standard "collared-shirt, no denim, no cutoffs."  At the cheaper muni's, I am pretty sure you can wear whatever you want, although since it's usually warm enough to play in shorts around here, and jean shorts are very NOT cool ;), you're still not going to see a lot of denim.

On the other hand, when I go to Fresno at Christmas and it's 35* out in the morning, then jeans over thermal underwear is definitely an acceptable getup.

@Fourputt  ... I can't find it on their website anymore, but when I went to Old Works back in June I checked their dress code.  (Mind you, this is probably the nicest course I have ever played, however, it just happens to be located in the middle of a very small, former mining/smelting town in Montana)  It was amusing to me because it basically said that they recommend that you wear shoes.  ANd that was pretty much the extent of it.  They don't care if you wear a collared shirt, or denim pants or shorts, and they don't even really care if you wear shoes ... they would just prefer it if you did.  I thought that was hilarious.  (Of course, everybody there is basically wearing typical golf outfits anyway)

Old Works is a muni, despite the upscale feel of the place.  EPA Superfund monies were used for both construction and to help defray maintenance costs.  That's one of the reasons why it's such a good deal.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Old Works is a muni, despite the upscale feel of the place.  EPA Superfund monies were used for both construction and to help defray maintenance costs.  That's one of the reasons why it's such a good deal.

LOL, I had no idea it was technically a muni ... although I knew about it being a Superfund site, so I probably could have put 2 and 2 together.  I did wonder, though, while I was there, how in the world such a course, with such a small amount of play would have the money to keep itself in that kind of shape.  I hope they can sustain it ... 'twould be a shame if anything happened to that course.  (Related note:  We were making small talk with a maintenance worked and he was saying how people were leaving that town in droves.)

I also just assumed it was such a good deal because it was so far out in the middle of nowhere.

Anyways, back to the "important" topic of wearing pants or shorts. ;)

Better wear the pants while we can.

According to Nature Magazine, by 2047, the coldest temperatures on Earth will be higher than the current hottest temperatures.

I found your article on the web in the NY Times, "By 2047, Coldest Years May Be Warmer Than Hottest in Past, Scientists Say"

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/10/science/earth/by-2047-coldest-years-will-be-warmer-than-hottest-in-past.html?_r=0

Then I found an article in the UK's Daily Mail that said, " Some eminent scientists now believe the world is heading for a period of cooling that will not end until the middle of this century – a process that would expose computer forecasts of imminent catastrophic warming as dangerously misleading. "

Getting back to the topic of this thread, I will be 100 years old in 2050, and, in either case, I will probably be wearing slacks.  In 2050 I will also be getting close to my life's goal:  to be the oldest golfer to record a hole-in-one on a regulation golf course.  The current record is held by Elsie McLean who made a Guinness record-breaking hole-in-one on the fourth hole at the Bidwell Park Golf Course in California. The distance of the hole was 100 yards, and Elsie used a driver.  At age 102, she broke the record for oldest player to ace the shot, previously held by Harold Stinson, who had been 101.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=golfonline&id;=2829752

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Pants , it lets others know I am a badass and that they should not **** with me. Also it strokes my ego and makes me feel good about myself.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Pants , it lets others know I am a badass and that they should not **** with me. Also it strokes my ego and makes me feel good about myself.

Well, slacks and shorts are both technically pants, so you really didn't answer the question. Unless maybe the options were, say, pants or skorts?

Bill M

Note: This thread is 3835 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!