IGNORED

Changed Homemade Swing

Note: This thread is 2775 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't really believe this myself. Went to range to hit a bucket. Company having outing in couple of weeks. Thought Id tune up my trademark (unorthodox) swing. After 10 minutes I was sweating and my elbow and side started to hurt. I had to make a decision right then and there. I decided to try and hit the ball correctly. Not an easy decision for me. Already 50 and set in my ways with an okay score. Scared to change. But my body said I MUST change if I want to continue to play. Did not want to admit that the experts on this forum knew what they were talking about. I beat the odds. I was the exception. Yeah right. I used all the knowledge I have learned from this forum. All analogies diagrams and pics. I opened my mind took a deep breath and said What the h%&;. Long story short......STUPID MONKEY is all I thought as I went through the mechanics of my next shot . I relaxed. I loosened my grip. I opened my club face ( omg that was the hardest thing Ive ever done) I put my right thumb in a neutral position. Closed my hips. Got closer to the ball. Said a prayer. Acted like I had 3 beers with my buddies and we were trying crazy shots on a bet. Clutch time....Relaxed again. Used an abbreviated backswing to start with. Effortless. Turned my hips. Actually turned my wrists over.......... Stupid monkey. Stupid monkey. Stupid monkey........ OMG!!! I felt as if I had used NO effort. Barely felt the ball. Thought Id used no muscles. Straight up the range and landed at the 200 marker!!! THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!!! You have no idea how grateful I am for what I have learned in this short a time on the forum. You trying to make me golfer or what?? LOL Sincerely Probably a 90 for awhile. :-)

Wow...sounds like you have been "converted", "saved", given "new life" by the good news of The Sandtrap.

It is amazing, though, the quality of instruction available here.

Just paid for 2 hours of lessons - $$$ - and everything he said, I found here. Sigh.

Of course, the slo-motion camera analysis was worth the $$$ because what we feel is not real. And, what I thought I needed to work on, was not the issue.

Enjoy!

Tell your friends!

:dance:

Wow...sounds like you have been "converted", "saved", given "new life" by the good news of The Sandtrap. It is amazing, though, the quality of instruction available here.  Just paid for 2 hours of lessons - $$$ - and everything he said, I found here. Sigh. Of course, the slo-motion camera analysis was worth the $$$ because what we feel is not real. And, what I thought I needed to work on, was not the issue.  Enjoy!  Tell your friends! :dance:

Loved your response! Went to seminary in early 80 s. lol I would venture tho to say it felt like a miracle to me. I knew about the virtue of timing and weight shift from tennis but this was more palpable. I mean that timing produced more effects with the golf swing than with the tennis swing. Swinging correctly made me feel almost Nothing. And I felt as tho I had made no effort. I did not mind only hitting 200 or 225. A pro friend said he only wanted me to hit that distance straight anyway. So here is my question to you.... I toed a few. How do I know if I'm the correct distance from the ball?? Is there a formula? I see Pros ground the club then push it forward before they tee off. What is up with that? What is correct way to judge my distance for good tee shot? Thanks.

Note: This thread is 2775 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!