IGNORED

beginner player back at golf after 5 years

late347
Note: This thread is 3851 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, lets just say my first game went terrible. I was playing with my dad and some older lady at local club, I guess my dad gets discount for me if we play thwre. Kind of father-son thing but i also like to hit witj driver and i like it when i get good shots off with any club. I had terible score, handicap didnt improve, but since im already at max handicap, no harm done LOL We decided before game that all tee from the middle teebox. My driver sucked, lots of duffs, water hazard and a few out of bounds. Now you ask why even play driver then? Well three holes par 5 were +450m, longest at 470m. Also I was kinda borrowing some of my dads clubs he didnt carry 3wood, only these obscure hybrids and driver. Also, I doubt I can hit very far with 3wood, because my driver is only 180-190m average. Im an inch taller than my dad at 5foot8, but im not terribly athletic actually on the overweight side tbh. Distancewise i played well only one of those long holes. I hit probably 190m drive to ruff. Then I hit probably hybrid. Third shot went into greenbunker. Bunker shot into green. I had a credible par putt, but took bogey putt there. I was pretty stoked about that. I also made a bogey earlier at par3(which had water hazard). All in all, as I could see from my score card i had too many lost balls, duffs from bad lays in ruff. It seems i had trouble also reaching par3 greens from tee. Except one short 110m par3, where first hit reached fairway in front, one chip towards flag, and two putts for bogey. At these other 150m par3 i did surprisingly terribly. Hit opening into ruff and there it goes again... I hope u appreciate.my rant lol. Hopefully I can get better with driver so I can have credible shot at making bogey/doublebogey at these par4/5s at our local club. Were tryin to get some lesson before winter and maybe play one more time. Aftwr that, its winter break and only indoor range.practice until 2014. I would be really happy to go and play another game, weather permitting, and hopefully lower my handicap even for a little bit. Until next season. I got the impression that with even double bogeys and occasional bogey i might be able tolower my handicap (because the course is that tough at local club, and my handicap is the starter54 ) There was also birdpoo from hundreds of geese, at the green and fairway which was utterly anoying hehe.

But yeah, my dad is buying new set of irons for himselfs. Hes giving me his old irons few hybrids too. Later ill be getting a new driver and hopefully 3wood. My dads handicap is quite good for his age and amateur practice effort/time. He's at 20 handicap out of 54. I will probably take pro lesson for driver though, because my dads swing is kind of different from mine atleast. Lol, now I feel bad already for using driver yesterday with so baad accuracy. If i used 3wood instead I may have avoided water at least once. But i would be still struggling for distance i would think. I dont think I could get better than bogey, at 480m par5. If i went with 3wood opening.

Note: This thread is 3851 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!