IGNORED

Yellow “High Visibility” Golf Balls

Note: This thread is 3836 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So, I bought yellow high visibility golf balls. I don't know why I did other than to “Try something new.” All I can say is: don't bother in New England, especially in fall. Autumn leaves are close to that yellow color. Makes finding your ball that much harder and any one who has golfed when the leaves are falling knows it's not easy anyways. At one point I even thought an apple was my ball. It was yellowish also. So I think I have proved to myself that golf balls are white for a reason. If there was a better color it would have caught on by now.

They work great at sunset and I like them when playing in foursome cause I can identify my ball from a distance so I can get started on club selection.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

A friend played some yellow NXT Tours last week on a very woody course here in MA, and we could pick out his ball in the leaves/rough without a problem. We gave him some guff when he pulled them out (they were a gift from some co-workers when he left his old job) but I think he lost one ball all day, and that was a water hazard.

Russ B.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Depends on the yellow, the NXT Tour are a brighter yellow and easier to find.

I have the Srixon Z-Star Yellow Tour and their yellow has some green in it which isn't as easy to see in grass covered by yellow leaves as the NXT Tour.  I've heard the orange is really easy to find in the fall but it isn't a great ball overall and another company makes a Tour Yellow that sparkles so it's easier to find.

Joe Paradiso

The Srixons worked great for me this summer but can be almost like camo in the fall when sitting among leaves that are various shades of green to to yellow to brown.

Have also found the flujoro-green balls to be good when the sun is high or late in the day when the sun is sinking below the horizon.  Not so good when the sun is low in the sky and there is a lot of glare. It's a trade off really. The white balls have their advantages as do the fluoro ones.

The primary reason I use the fluoros a lot is they seem to stand out better against the sky and I can pick them up easier off the club face and in the air than the white balls.  This more than anything has helped me keep track of my ball and limit search time.

My wife plays with bright, neon pink ball sometimes, and they definitely stand out.

She's tried the yellow balls, but like the original post said, they can still get lost in the rough or with leaves, unless the course is perfectly green.

Still waiting for GPS tracking in balls.....

I miss hit anything not white. And since I miss hit plenty of white the colored ones are just a disaster. Different colors just distract me too much. It is like there is just something wrong with the whole concept. lol

My wife plays with bright, neon pink ball sometimes, and they definitely stand out.

She's tried the yellow balls, but like the original post said, they can still get lost in the rough or with leaves, unless the course is perfectly green.

They have them http://www.golf365.com/gear_story/0,17923,9794_6482810,00.html

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

I use from time to time Optic Orange Bridgestone e6's.  But I will often use the Optic Yellow Tour B330RX or the yellow NXT Tour S's.  I haven't hit a white ball in a long time

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

My wife plays light pink balls and it gets lost easily in the fall.  Perhaps, it needs that neon.   More than enough, I get frustrated looking for her ball and ask her to switch to white.   During summer, her pink ball is easy to find.

I played green/yellow balls and they are good to pick out.  It makes a great provision ball, too.

Don't play with redish ball from Wilson, Nike/PD long.   They are hard to see how much they are worn, scratched, etc.. ( I usually retire worn out/scratched/scuffed balls after a round in case it impact my next round with weird ball flight.  )

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

They have them http://www.golf365.com/gear_story/0,17923,9794_6482810,00.html

Wow very cool. Pretty big initial price to buy, but the extra balls are less than I thought they'd be. It would be fun to try that out.

Note: This thread is 3836 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!