IGNORED

The (un)Affordable Health Care Act & Debt Ceiling Controversies

dfreuter415
Note: This thread is 3693 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The USA has been settled into a two party system for a long time.  What we are seeing now is the emergence of more parties, which is similar to what almost all other countries with Parliamentary systems go through.  The TEA (Me) Party is not your fathers Republican Party.  They more resemble the Dixiecrats of Strom Thurmond, very Christian Conservative with libertarianism mixed in.  They cannot exist on their own, so they are trying to take over the GOP.  It is destroying the party.  While most Americans are fiscally conservative, or claim they are, the ideology of the TEA is far too extreme.  It doesn't help their cause that their leaders are half wit megalomaniacs either.  And they attract the bigots and racists, which does not help either.

Former Governor Mitt Romney made the mistake of trying to form an alliance with them, which is why he lost the election.

I know some of the GOP forum members think President Obama is far left.  But they are mistaken. He is much closer to the center, which is why he won the election.  If the GOP would just stop letting the TEA Party drive agendas, then a lot more could be accomplished.

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wuss!  (There, see, I went first.  Now it's your turn ;))

Jerky Licker! :-D

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Cheesehead!!!

Ok, you win.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Ok, you win.

LOL ... that's only because you don't know that I actually googled "derogatory term wisconsin" :beer: .  Then of course, I had to actually give myself a :doh: when the first return was "cheesehead."

Anyways, you said I win and you can't take it back so ... :banana:

(OK, I promise, I'm done class clowning around ... I'll step aside now) ;)

The USA has been settled into a two party system for a long time.  What we are seeing now is the emergence of more parties, which is similar to what almost all other countries with Parliamentary systems go through.  The TEA (Me) Party is not your fathers Republican Party.  They more resemble the Dixiecrats of Strom Thurmond, very Christian Conservative with libertarianism mixed in.  They cannot exist on their own, so they are trying to take over the GOP.  It is destroying the party.  While most Americans are fiscally conservative, or claim they are, the ideology of the TEA is far too extreme.  It doesn't help their cause that their leaders are half wit megalomaniacs either.  And they attract the bigots and racists, which does not help either.

Former Governor Mitt Romney made the mistake of trying to form an alliance with them, which is why he lost the election.

I know some of the GOP forum members think President Obama is far left.  But they are mistaken. He is much closer to the center, which is why he won the election.  If the GOP would just stop letting the TEA Party drive agendas, then a lot more could be accomplished.

We have a winner ... Barack Obama Truthiness in TEA Award.

President Barack Obama 12x15 White House Plaque #1

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Well with the government track record, I don't know why we even give them a shot anyways. Seriously, how do you trust your health care to a group of people that is only liked by less than 10% of the population, that is just crazy.

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Seriously, how do you trust your health care to a group of people that is only liked by less than 10% of the population, that is just crazy.

Is BlueCross/BlueShield really polling that high?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Never had one problem with Blue Cross Blue Shield. Honesty we trust our health care to our employers more since they determine the type of plans we have options to. I think a lot of people trust their place of employment more than their government.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Well with the government track record, I don't know why we even give them a shot anyways. Seriously, how do you trust your health care to a group of people that is only liked by less than 10% of the population, that is just crazy.

Is BlueCross/BlueShield really polling that high?

Exactly.  I think insurance companies probably fall below the government on the "What people like" scale.  Didn't you ever watch The Rainmaker. ;)

I think both of them are at least polling above cockroaches, though.

I do not blame any particular party for the diversity of thought we have in U.S. politics....the debt ceiling, health care, view of China etc.

WHAT IS NEEDED....is the saving of the parties from themselves. Gerrymandering has created insulated elections with the protected party running candidates to the extremes of their positions. An example is the House is more fractured than the Senate. Term limits do not solve this artificially created  polarization.

Solution....I hesitate to eliminated gerrymandering as who is the referee on this one? How about eliminating the GOVERNMENT sponsored primary system. We pay for the privileged of helping each party select a single candidate to put forth in the actual election process.....In other words we have less than optimal choices for the majority of the voters by allowing the political parties to game the system.   Instead the top voter  receivers in the primary   REGARDLESS of party affiliation are put forward to the final election. If that be Blue vs Blue, Red vs Red, Tea Party vs Tea Party so be it.

The Primary would be a bare knuckle fight but the final election must be fought by courting the centralist voter...WHERE the majority ls by definition.

9* Geek No Brainer with red Stiff Gallofory shaft
15* R5 3 wood with Burner shaft
21* 24* Nike CPR hybrid Aldila by you shaft
5-pw Titleist 680 cb irons-SK Fiber graphite shafts
52*, 56*,60* Reid Lockhart Dual Bounce spinner shaftScotty Cameron Newport MidSlant with Tiger Shark GripTM LDP Red balls---used because I'm...

And then the IRS is the vehicle to administer the ACA.... totally insane.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Do you trust them controlling the US Military?  It is the same group.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Most of the military members I know don't trust them.

That was not the question.  Do you, as a citizen trust the US Government to run the military?  And please don't try and tell me the military hates the President. I have a friend who has done four tours in Afghanistan.  When President Obama showed up at Bagram, last year, they treated him like a Rock Star.

Scott

My Swing Thread

That was not the question.  Do you, as a citizen trust the US Government to run the military?  And please don't try and tell me the military hates the President. I have a friend who has done four tours in Afghanistan.  When President Obama showed up at Bagram, last year, they treated him like a Rock Star.

Of course they will treat him like a rock star. But its not because of Obama himself, its because of the office he holds. Like many people I respect the OFFICE of the president of the united states, I do not respect the man holding that office, meaning I respect the position, I respect the tradition of the president and all the great presidents before him, but that does not mean I need to respect or like Obama as a person.

It would be idiotic for any soldier to ruin their military career by not showing respect for the president. He is their commander and chief. Even though you hate your commander, doesn't mean you show it publicly. So to say they treated him like a rock star proves nothing. Many people in normal jobs treat their bosses with respect, yet once they are gone will rip into them because they don't like them. Its understanding the position your in, and acting accordingly.

Do you trust them controlling the US Military?  It is the same group.

Yes because it's their job to do so. If they run the military bad, we are still stuck with them running the military. No I don't trust them to run my health care.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Note: This thread is 3693 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!