IGNORED

How many years of practice to hit a Driver 270+ yards?

ponyboy
Note: This thread is 3751 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think its all about a fast swing.. My driver swing is average 115.. my boss ( who owns a golf store) ask me about the rest of my game... well.. I tell him i'm working on it..... I played baseball and have always had fast hands... My short game is really coming around so my scores are coming down... I also am ok accuracy wise driving the ball....

Tools in the Ogio bag.
Driver      Callaway
 Razr Fit Xtreme 8.5* Extra Stiff

3 wood   Callaway X hot Stiff flex

Hybrid     Ping I20 3H 20* & 4H 23*
Irons       Ping  I20 5-PW

Wedges  Ping Tour Gorge 52 & 56 Callaway Mack daddy 60*

Putter     Scotty Cameron Monterey

Balls      Bridgestone B-330

Shoes          Skycaddie SGX

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick1998bunker

Work on your flexibility, take a lesson, a few weeks later you are there

perhaps, but keep in mind golf is not a d-ck measuring contest.      Hitting a golf ball a certain distance shouldn't be a focus, unless your intent is playing from the back tee's, then I guess it's pretty important.    It all comes down to what tees you want to play from.    For me, when I started actually paying attention to the scorecard, the need for accuracy far exceeds the need for extreme distance.      I'm fine with my 240-250 yard drive on the fairway - thats the one constant in my game & the least of my problems...

PS - I play with a buddy that was better than me up until this year - he bought a R1, and now has totally / dramatically changed his swing (added wrist hinge, hip turn, etc)  so that his drive went from 250 to close to an average of 285-290 (300 occasionally if the stars line up).     Last few rounds, he hasn't hit many fairways & all that length doesn't do him any good at all ... his scores are way down as a result ... BUT HE's LOOOOONG !!     Thats all I hear from him ... you don't want to be that guy - scoring should be the focus - don't worry so much about length.

It somewhat makes me cry that what I'm presuming is your average drive of 240-250 beats my high end drive of 230. :-O

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 lessons for me. I have been playing golf for 5 years and couldn't hit a drive over 250 with roll. Within 3 lessons I loosened my grip (held club so tight I hooked), improved posture, and worked on steadying my head in my backswing. Went out to play and started hitting 270 drives and longer. Small things can really make a difference.

But most of all lessons helped me keep my ball in play. I don't care about distance as much as hitting the fairway off the tee. But it does feel good when my golf buddies are asking for my instructors number lol.

Note: This thread is 3751 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!