IGNORED

My Swing (billchao)

billchao

You can "split" where it transitions from horizontal to vertical. Then you can "rotate" the part that is vertical to make it right. I did this at some point, the only thing is that the video is all rescaled.

Do you have a different version than me? I don't seem to have many options on mine. It's just stupid because the whole thing edits in the correct view, previews in the correct view, then you save the movie and it auto-formats. I thought it had something to do with it being .mov, so I converted to .mp4 and it works fine, except I lost the 240fps in the conversion.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Youtube only supports up to 60 fps. My own video is in 60 fps on my PC, but Youtube converted it to 30 fps. :cry: I guess that's what you get for free.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Youtube only supports up to 60 fps. My own video is in 60 fps on my PC, but Youtube converted it to 30 fps. :cry: I guess that's what you get for free.

Oh. Well that sucks. How am I supposed to share my awesome videos?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

[quote name="Lihu" url="/t/70666/my-swing-billchao/270#post_1084881"] You can "split" where it transitions from horizontal to vertical. Then you can "rotate" the part that is vertical to make it right. I did this at some point, the only thing is that the video is all rescaled.

Do you have a different version than me? I don't seem to have many options on mine. It's just stupid because the whole thing edits in the correct view, previews in the correct view, then you save the movie and it auto-formats. I thought it had something to do with it being .mov, so I converted to .mp4 and it works fine, except I lost the 240fps in the conversion.[/quote] The latest download.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Oh. Well that sucks. How am I supposed to share my awesome videos?

umm.. I upload my 240 fps swings on Youtube all the time.. I'm pretty sure there is no constraint..

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

@billchao

Almost every single My Swing video on this site was embedded through youtube including all the 120fps, 240fps and even the Phantom videos put up my Erik or Dave. I assure you, it's not youtube that's preventing you from posting high-speed video.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

umm.. I upload my 240 fps swings on Youtube all the time.. I'm pretty sure there is no constraint..

[quote name="Ernest Jones" url="/t/70666/my-swing-billchao/270#post_1085112"] @billchao Almost every single My Swing video on this site was embedded through youtube including all the 120fps, 240fps and even the Phantom videos put up my Erik or Dave. I assure you, it's not youtube that's preventing you from posting high-speed video. [/quote]Cool. I was taking @DrvFrShow 's word for it. My problem is still on the editor end. I can convert it to mp4 and retain the 240 fps, but it drops the framerate once I get it in Windows Movie Maker, which only supports up to 60 fps. So the problem now is the video editor.

Bill

My Swing Thread

You can use the following free software that I use to convert videos and trim and other things http://www.kinovea.org I trim from it and upload to YouTube no problem.. But can't send to evolvr from it, for that I trim on my camera.. Can't lose much by testing it out though?

Eyad

• Administrator

YouTube displays 60 FPS videos. Julia was right about that part.

When a 240 FPS iPhone video is uploaded to YouTube the sending application basically outputs it as 30 FPS so that it plays back at 1/8th speed. 240 FPS is both how it's recorded and, in apps that aren't aware of this, it plays back in real-time.

Just like some of those semi-slow-motion movie shots. They're shot at 60 FPS and play back in 24 on the movie screen.

Windows stuff is not terribly well equipped to handle this sort of thing. Does QuickTime Player still ship for Windows?

P.S. Even Handbrake doesn't handle this very well.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

You can use the following free software that I use to convert videos and trim and other things http://www.kinovea.org I trim from it and upload to YouTube no problem.. But can't send to evolvr from it, for that I trim on my camera.. Can't lose much by testing it out though?

I use kinovea for the analysis part. Never edited video with it. Doesn't matter anyway, as it does some funky formatting of the MOV files. I suppose I could play around with the mp4s and see what happens. [quote name="iacas" url="/t/70666/my-swing-billchao/270#post_1085131"]Windows stuff is not terribly well equipped to handle this sort of thing. Does QuickTime Player still ship for Windows? [/quote]Looks like I can get QuickTime Pro for Windows. It's $30 and will let me edit and stuff. I'm thinking about getting it.

Bill

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
Looks like I can get QuickTime Pro for Windows. It's $30 and will let me edit and stuff. I'm thinking about getting it.

I dunno. Are you sure that's current?

The reviews are so so (though probably a lot of them are really complaints about the price).

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I use kinovea for the analysis part. Never edited video with it. Doesn't matter anyway, as it does some funky formatting of the MOV files. I suppose I could play around with the mp4s and see what happens. Looks like I can get QuickTime Pro for Windows. It's $30 and will let me edit and stuff. I'm thinking about getting it.

You are right about the funkiness with mov, but turning it into MP4 and uploading there should be no issue.. Done it a lot myself!

Eyad

• Administrator
You are right about the funkiness with mov, but turning it into MP4 and uploading there should be no issue.. Done it a lot myself!

With the file formats (240 FPS iPhone video) and everything that he's talking about? If you have, please be specific and help instead of saying basically "works for me."

I dunno. Are you sure that's current? The reviews are so so (though probably a lot of them are really complaints about the price).

I'll do more research when I get the chance, but I did see the mixed reviews. Read a couple of them and it does seem like people were complaining about having to pay for 7 when they had 6. I just assumed QuickTime would be a good option because it's Apple files that I need to work with. I'm open to other options, but I'll have to sit down and do the research. Currently on the road home and I can only read for brief periods of time without getting sick.

Bill

My Swing Thread

Got my videos in a format I'm able to share, thanks to @iacas .

Driver:

Hit these two drives pretty consistently. Both landed within 15' of each other just past the end of the row of trees on the left.

7i:

The 7i videos don't sync up after a while because I hit the DTL view fat. Both were still nGIR (or would be, if I were playing a round). DTL was short and left, FO was on the fringe to the right of the green.

Bill

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

• Upvote 1

Got my videos in a format I'm able to share, thanks to @iacas.

Hit these two drives pretty consistently. Both landed within 15' of each other just past the end of the row of trees on the left.

7i:

The 7i videos don't sync up after a while because I hit the DTL view fat. Both were still nGIR (or would be, if I were playing a round). DTL was short and left, FO was on the fringe to the right of the green.

Holy moses you're flexible!