IGNORED

My Swing (billchao)

billchao

36 minutes ago, billchao said:

He wronged me. Told me I’m not good at golf. Tried to show me “data” as “proof” of these claims.

Be nice to TM, you never know when the Singularity might occur! 😀

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got out to try my clubs on TM. Going to repost pictures from my TM session with my old clubs for easy comparison.

PW:

MP4

CCA80DA5-A284-4AC2-B394-EF7671C619AD.jpeg

JPX910F

CCD02D2F-8303-4D4F-A3B5-0BDEBCE78860.jpeg

6i:

MP4

4AF68696-055B-4446-B31C-ABCCE901A9A4.jpeg

JPX910F

94C64D25-793E-4526-A001-E2E2BB07050A.jpeg

I saw a slight increase to ball speed and dispersion through the set. More importantly I also launched the ball higher with more spin, which is what I was looking to see from my fitting. It’s kind of an odd coincidence that the 6i averages are so similar, but the shots from the JPX910F are more playable on course, based on the pictures.

Driver:

G400

52F6A865-AEA8-4BDA-B4D7-10CDBCC7198F.jpeg

G410 Plus

I split these into two sections. The first I was really focused on starting the ball right of my target line to mixed results. 

F5453536-2CD4-4441-9ACF-109A639FAA88.jpeg

The second I just hit the ball like I normally would. 1B6B19D0-995F-4948-BDD6-D0D6F324944E.jpeg

I’m pretty happy with that. It’s definitely more consistent. I never felt that I was going to lose the ball right once. I don’t know if that’s the club or just how I was swinging today, but if I can lose that right miss I’m dropping three strokes, easy.

Now if I can harness those three shots from the controlled swing that I basically put right on the target line...

Looking forward to golf this year 😃

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 2

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Your 6 iron carry is almost my 4W carry .🙁

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

38 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Your 6 iron carry is almost my 4W carry .🙁

If you’d like, I can hit your 4w for you. That might make it carry farther 😜

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

14 minutes ago, billchao said:

If you’d like, I can hit your 4w for you. That might make it carry farther 😜

That is a certainty!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

That is a certainty!

You’ve seen me hit woods. It is most definitely not a certainty. There’s a very high possibility I don’t hit the ball more than 10’ off the ground.

Bill

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Does your 6I go 190 outside?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Does your 6I go 190 outside?

When I hit it straight which is almost never. There's a bit of mat effect going on as I tend to hit everything slightly fat from 6i up.

I play it as my 180 club.

12.6° is a lot lower than I should be launching the 6i, too, so there's that.

Bill

My Swing Thread

4 hours ago, billchao said:

Finally got out to try my clubs on TM. Going to repost pictures from my TM session with my old clubs for easy comparison.

PW:

MP4

CCA80DA5-A284-4AC2-B394-EF7671C619AD.jpeg

JPX910F

CCD02D2F-8303-4D4F-A3B5-0BDEBCE78860.jpeg

6i:

MP4

4AF68696-055B-4446-B31C-ABCCE901A9A4.jpeg

JPX910F

94C64D25-793E-4526-A001-E2E2BB07050A.jpeg

I saw a slight increase to ball speed and dispersion through the set. More importantly I also launched the ball higher with more spin, which is what I was looking to see from my fitting. It’s kind of an odd coincidence that the 6i averages are so similar, but the shots from the JPX910F are more playable on course, based on the pictures.

Driver:

G400

52F6A865-AEA8-4BDA-B4D7-10CDBCC7198F.jpeg

G410 Plus

I split these into two sections. The first I was really focused on starting the ball right of my target line to mixed results. 

The second I just hit the ball like I normally would. 1B6B19D0-995F-4948-BDD6-D0D6F324944E.jpeg

I’m pretty happy with that. It’s definitely more consistent. I never felt that I was going to lose the ball right once. I don’t know if that’s the club or just how I was swinging today, but if I can lose that right miss I’m dropping three strokes, easy.

Now if I can harness those three shots from the controlled swing that I basically put right on the target line...

Looking forward to golf this year 😃

Nice man!

On 3/8/2020 at 9:09 PM, ncates00 said:

Nice man!

Thanks. I even used my gamer ball :beer:

On 3/8/2020 at 4:46 PM, billchao said:

G410 Plus

Been thinking about this. The new Ping adapter has a flat setting. I wonder if that will help me start the ball a little more to the right. Right now I have it set to +1.5° and neutral lie, but I can set it to +1.0° with a flat lie.

• Like 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

Really nicely done man! Wish I could come close to hitting my 6i and driver like that! Thanks for the side by side or top to bottom comparison. I have a TM session in two weeks and these numbers help me understand a little better launch angle, AOA, SS, ball speed, spin rate and the subsequent result. 

The numbers on your driver comparisons are pretty cool to see. Not knowing the math, it's hard for me to imagine 800ish RPM difference and 5ish MPH of SS produces 21 more yards of total distance. 

Driver - Callaway Epic Flash, 3 Wood - Callaway Mavrik, 4 Hybrid - Callaway Big Bertha,

Irons - 5-AW Mavrik Pro's, Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG 1, Ball - Callaway Chrome Soft

2 hours ago, Greg 504 said:

Really nicely done man! Wish I could come close to hitting my 6i and driver like that! Thanks for the side by side or top to bottom comparison. I have a TM session in two weeks and these numbers help me understand a little better launch angle, AOA, SS, ball speed, spin rate and the subsequent result. 

Thanks. Trackman has all the explanations for the metrics on their website if you wanted to learn more about them.

2 hours ago, Greg 504 said:

The numbers on your driver comparisons are pretty cool to see. Not knowing the math, it's hard for me to imagine 800ish RPM difference and 5ish MPH of SS produces 21 more yards of total distance. 

I don’t like total distance. It’s calculated based on simulated conditions. I use carry distance.

The new driver launches higher, too, which is part of the equation. It’s not just spin alone. With my dialed back swing, I averaged 3 mph less ball speed than my old driver and it carried less than a yard shorter. My AoA went up significantly. My old shaft just wasn’t right for me at all. Kick point is different, but that gets into real technical stuff about equipment I’m not too knowledgeable on and frankly most people don’t need to know that stuff. That’s why you go to a good fitter 😃

Bill

My Swing Thread

4 hours ago, billchao said:

Thanks. Trackman has all the explanations for the metrics on their website if you wanted to learn more about them.

I don’t like total distance. It’s calculated based on simulated conditions. I use carry distance.

The new driver launches higher, too, which is part of the equation. It’s not just spin alone. With my dialed back swing, I averaged 3 mph less ball speed than my old driver and it carried less than a yard shorter. My AoA went up significantly. My old shaft just wasn’t right for me at all. Kick point is different, but that gets into real technical stuff about equipment I’m not too knowledgeable on and frankly most people don’t need to know that stuff. 

Thanks for that, I'll check out their site today. 

Driver - Callaway Epic Flash, 3 Wood - Callaway Mavrik, 4 Hybrid - Callaway Big Bertha,

Irons - 5-AW Mavrik Pro's, Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG 1, Ball - Callaway Chrome Soft

Practicing today. Filmed my actual practice at a different angle, thought it looked cool so here it is:

Here are the swings:

Still working on the same stuff. Right elbow higher in the backswing, transition by laying down the club while sitting into left side. Getting easier to do, but nowhere near automatic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Practiced today. Not sure what I did differently but today the club exited lower than last week.

Wear pattern starting to form on my 6i:

9428AEC8-1C53-4C42-B5D3-67CF14F7B332.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

5 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

How can you tell the lower exit? Feel or vid?

Come on V, did you really need to ask me this? Feel ain’t real, man.

Last week:

50D6EFD4-4A9F-4E55-AB15-D7C59961AADD.jpeg

Today:

99588E73-0F73-4CAC-BAC1-CC89A54F8998.jpeg

Bill

My Swing Thread

It was a test. I mean..duh.

And I've got some great noos for u: You passed!! 😄 

Edited by GolfLug
  • Like 1

Vishal S.