IGNORED

Is the way I corrected my drives the okay, or am I screwing up?

cnl390
Note: This thread is 3821 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I bought some Longshot impact labels so I could get an idea how I was hitting my driver and it turned out I was contacting the ball low and toward the toe of my driver.  So I choked up on the grip about an inch, and teed the ball up around 1/4 inch higher.  After doing so I began hitting the sweet spot every time, and 90% of my shots were long, had good loft and were for the most part straight.

THEN, I read the instruction/tip sheet that came with the labels.  It said that I was most probably swinging the club straight along my target line, and suggested that I make sure my shoulder is under my chin on both the back swing and follow through.

My question is...should I work on that part of my swing and forget about the choking up and teeing higher, or just go with what works for me?

The commercial with Palmer saying, "Swing your swing, I did." comes to mind.

Thanks a lot!

Ping G30 SF TEC
Ping G25 3w
Ping G Red Dot +1/4" irons - 6,7,8,9,W,U,SW, LW
Ping G30 3H
Ping G25 4H
Ping Scottdale TR B60
Callaway Supersoft

I bought some Longshot impact labels so I could get an idea how I was hitting my driver and it turned out I was contacting the ball low and toward the toe of my driver.  So I choked up on the grip about an inch, and teed the ball up around 1/4 inch higher.  After doing so I began hitting the sweet spot every time, and 90% of my shots were long, had good loft and were for the most part straight.

THEN, I read the instruction/tip sheet that came with the labels.  It said that I was most probably swinging the club straight along my target line, and suggested that I make sure my shoulder is under my chin on both the back swing and follow through.

My question is...should I work on that part of my swing and forget about the choking up and teeing higher, or just go with what works for me?

The commercial with Palmer saying, "Swing your swing, I did." comes to mind.

Thanks a lot!

Sweet spot, long, good loft, straight … Play that swing. Play it as long as you are able.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Note: This thread is 3821 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!