IGNORED

EA Sports and Tiger Woods End Partnership

jamo
Note: This thread is 3822 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://www.easports.com/tiger-woods/news-updates-gameplay/article/next-gen-golf-statement?sf18842758=1 [QUOTE]EA SPORTS golf fans have always loved authentic courses and players, but they've also asked for more choice and customization in how and where they play. We're working on a new approach to deliver the best golf experience to our fans — we think you'll love it, and so we’re excited to share the first screenshot of our next generation golf game currently in development. EA SPORTS and Tiger Woods have also made a mutual decision to end our partnership, which includes Tiger's named PGA TOUR golf game. We’ve always been big fans of Tiger and we wish him continued success in all his future endeavors. Moving forward, we will continue to work with the PGA TOUR exclusively to create groundbreaking golfing titles and our partnership remains strong. EA SPORTS is committed to creating a new golf experience that leverages the best technologies across EA to deliver a stunning and immersive game for mobile and next generation consoles. We'll have more news soon.[/QUOTE]

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I never cared too much for the partnership. I think it should have been more like their other sports titles, featuring different people on the cover each year.

Those next gen graphics are sweet!

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I never cared too much for the partnership. I think it should have been more like their other sports titles, featuring different people on the cover each year.

Those next gen graphics are sweet!

Maybe they should go the Madden route and just have a retired golfer have their name. Madden doesn't play the sport nor does he coach anymore so get someone like Nicklaus to have the naming rights to the game and have a different player on the cover each year. Hopefully, a curse doesn't ensue.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Maybe they should go the Madden route and just have a retired golfer have their name. Madden doesn't play the sport nor does he coach anymore so get someone like Nicklaus to have the naming rights to the game and have a different player on the cover each year. Hopefully, a curse doesn't ensue.

I don't think it needs one. What's wrong with "PGA Tour '15" or something similar? I don't think Madden's name adds any value to that franchise, either.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

While Tiger is still the best, having his name associated with the game was probably costing them a significant amount of money.  Teenage boys are the #1 demographic that play video games, so I'd expect them to go after Fowler or someone that is more relatable to them.

Joe Paradiso

I don't think it needs one. What's wrong with "PGA Tour '15" or something similar? I don't think Madden's name adds any value to that franchise, either.

I do agree that they probably don't need another golfer's name on the cover, but I still think Madden's name has to stay. If you look at all the EA games, Madden is probably their flagship sports game that probably outsells all the other sports games, which includes TW PGA Tour. EA can still make another NFL game without Madden, but it would be a tough sell to some people.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

FWIW, there were reports back in April/May that they were pushing the released of the "15" version of the game to May, 2014 at the earliest, and rumors that it wouldn't be released at all. This, plus the impending release of the Xbox One and PS4, would seem to back up them at least pushing the date back.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator

I heard from some guy at Golf Channel that they split up because Tiger wanted them to add "cheat codes" to the game, but EA refused.

;-)

• Upvote 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I heard from some guy at Golf Channel that they split up because Tiger wanted them to add "cheat codes" to the game, but EA refused.

Niiiiice!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Now that's just wrong.......! :dance:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I heard from some guy at Golf Channel that they split up because Tiger wanted them to add "cheat codes" to the game, but EA refused. ;-)

:bugout: :banana: :-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Well ... it isn't all teenage boys. My bruv and I play this game a ridiculous amount when we get together. He has about six others that never leave the shelf. I don't think either of us have beat the other by more than 2 strokes in months.

Well ... it isn't all teenage boys. My bruv and I play this game a ridiculous amount when we get together. He has about six others that never leave the shelf. I don't think either of us have beat the other by more than 2 strokes in months.

I didn't say it was all, I play them too, but we're a smaller demographic.

Joe Paradiso

Makes sense.  Why pay Tiger for the use of his name when they could just call it, "PGA Tour"?

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

With some exception, his brand and name marketability is still pale in comparison to what it once was, and this year despite the wins did not help him much. There seemed to be an equal amount of negative press as there was good.

Women, Moms, single moms  in this country spend far more money than males, they don't necessarily earn it, but the sure do spend it and make most of the buying decisions be it groceries or entertainment. They are often the key influencers of what consumer product is eventually brought into the home . Mr. Woods  and his indiscretions according to marketability surveys lost a  majority of trust with this group and has yet to really gain it back.

This decision to part ways may have something to do with the long term strategy. Another element to this decision is quite simple he has not inspired youth, minorities to take up the game of golf that was spoken about the moment he turned pro. Golfs participation level has been down since the first year after he turned pro.

EA sports, I don't see another name dominating their game again, In other words I don't see a Ricky, Bubba or Rory being signed on contractually like tiger did. But you may see a yearly face with the name, only to change the following year.

I think I know the article you're speaking of here, I remember reading something like this myself. I used to be somewhat of a hard core sports gamer, Madden Leagues etc. Over the years the quality of game that EA put out has dipped significantly. EA never took golf seriously in my opinion. Im supposed to pay $60 for the game and on top of that if I want to use the latest clubs or whats in my own bag Im supposed to play for 100 hours to "unlock" clubs or spend another $60-$75 buying virtual clubs??? Dont get me started on buying courses in game. Think Back to the NBA Live franchise, back in the day that was the "Madden" of basketball games. That was until a small company called 2K Sports made far and away the best Basketball series ever. EA eventually gave up on basketball becasue the sales werent even close. The only reason EA still owns football is becasue of their licensing agreement with the NFL over player likeness and so on. I say that to say this, I hope that 2K jumps at this news and develop a better product once again to give consumers a choice. This split could actually be a good thing for gamers.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Note: This thread is 3822 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!