IGNORED

How many of you use GPS on the course?

Note: This thread is 3746 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have tried using my phone, but I am not a big can of having my phone in my pocket when I play, and it seems to slow me down.  I played the other day with a buddy who had a Golf Buddy, and it made me double think my thinking.  How many of you use one, and which one do you use?

Rocky

GPS is built into carts. Buddy has watch for those cart-path-only and walking days. I used to use Sky Caddie until they deleted all my courses and required an annual fee to use the product. Not just update it, but use it at all. I, along with many others, felt this was a real bait and switch or at least a unilateral change in our agreement. I will never buy from them again.

" I use a Skycaddie SG5, I swear by mine." I swear about mine.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

I use a GPS watch and really like having it ready for immediate access...nothing in my pocket and don't have to go to the cart to retrieve it if I need a yardage.  I know some don;t like a watch but it doesn't bother me at all.  I only refer to it when I don't have a convenient yardage marker in the fairway.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

I have the SkyCaddie GPS watch mid-season and think it's the ideal solution.  I have used a rangefinder, iPhone app, and SkyCaddie SGX, the watch is by far the most convenient.  I can take a few clubs with me and get the exact yardage I need without having to worry about laying my iPhone, rangefinder, or SGX down in the wet grass (I hate bulky things in my pockets when I golf).  Also the display is always on, no unlock screens or hitting buttons to wake up the device out of battery saver mode.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Callaway UPro. I get a LOT more use out of my rangefinder though......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Callaway Upro mx+.  Got it because it does not require a subscription.  It gives me yardages to the front, center and back of the green, as well as the ability to pick any spot on the course or green and get a yardage to there as well.  I've played with guys using the laser rangefinders and what I've found is, at my current skill level, the Upro gives me more than enough info to choose my club.

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

I have a Skycaddie SGX and I also have a cheap laser rangefinder.  I like the Skycaddie if I am playing a course that I rarely every play or have never played.  I like the fact I can get yardage to front,middle,back of the green and I can see a picture of the hole. But, for courses that I play all the time, I usually just use the rangefinder because I am already familiar with the distances and the size of the greens.  If I could only buy one, I would buy the GPS.  I had a Skycaddie for several years before I bought the rangefinder.  If it had not been so inexpensive, I probably would not have bought it at all.

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

• 2 weeks later...

God logix is awesome, and free.

Yeah, I figured God would be pretty accurate with his yardages.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Yeah, I figured God would be pretty accurate with his yardages.

Unless, you had a little Nassau or side action on the game.

One never knows what information would be accurate when a Buck-a-roo is on the line...........

Club Rat

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Note: This thread is 3746 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!