IGNORED

Photo: Al Badia Golf Club clubhouse

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3257 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Looks more like a concert hall or a museum. Website is pretty nifty: http://www.albadiagolfclub.ae/index.php

Always nice to have lots of money, huh? :roll:

The building was designed to be inviting and informal with a festive atmosphere supporting the overall theme of “celebrating life’s possibilities.” Abstracted forms of the desert were incorporated with visual references to the swirling Dubai Festival City logo, which emulates the swirl of a golfer’s swing . Golden sweeping roofs, blue glass, and stainless steel contribute to the dynamic contemporary design, along with water features, and vast wooden works of art in the central atrium. Elevated public areas and extensive high-tech indoor and outdoor function spaces provide sweeping panoramic views to downtown Dubai and the surrounding golf course.

- http://www.watg.com/index.cfm/page/al-badia-golf-club-intercontinental-dubai-festival-city

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nice. They have far too much money - looks like a municipal concert hall or museum of modern art.

Edit (Whoops... just read your comments ... that's funny)

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I prefer something a little more rustic, those are the farthest thing from "inviting". They look cold and uninviting IMO.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I prefer something a little more rustic, those are the farthest thing from "inviting". They look cold and uninviting IMO.

Is Doha Golf Club more to your liking? Trust me they will "invite" you in as the hospitality in the Middle East is some of the finest on Earth and they love their golf.  There's nothing "cold" about any of them trust me.

It is a different culture ... I enjoy the differences even if the architecture is not my cup of tea for a "clubhouse."

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Is Doha Golf Club more to your liking? Trust me they will "invite" you in as the hospitality in the Middle East is some of the finest on Earth and they love their golf.  There's nothing "cold" about any of them trust me.

I wasn't implying that the people were cold, just that the architecture is a "little" over the top and I don't find it inviting. I agree with Mr. D's comment.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

The Abu Dhabi clubhouse looks utilitarian. Almost from communist regime looking. There are only angles, no curves.

Here's rustic and utilitarian.

Best, hey, I can double as an airport control tower.

I like this one.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I like this one.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

I like it all, to me it is about the experience of seeing and playing different places.

Don't think it will be on my bucket list unless I won the loto, but would not turn down a chance to see and play there.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

The Abu Dhabi clubhouse looks utilitarian. Almost from communist regime looking. There are only angles, no curves.

But that will come in handy if it ever gets in a dogfight, because it has stealth capabilities.

I don't know ... when I see stuff like this I always think of a comment one of my bosses made in regards to the new (several years ago now), brightly colored VW beetles.  He said something like "I'd never own one, but I like seeing them on the road because it adds variety."  I have a silver Altima and a Black SUV ... if everybody had the same taste as me, how boring would that be?

So for these clubhouses, while I certainly wouldn't choose these gaudy styles if I was building a course, I think they are pretty cool in their own right.  Besides, in the UAE, it's go big or go home, right?

--------------------------------------

It's not a golf clubhouse, but I feel like I should "brag" a little here because my own (backwards hick) hometown of Fresno, CA built this for their city hall 20 YEARS AGO:

It's not a golf clubhouse, but I feel like I should "brag" a little here because my own (backwards hick) hometown of Fresno, CA built this for their city hall 20 YEARS AGO:

You know that Fresno was originally settled by Romulans right?

Yours in earnest, Jason.

@Ernest Jones ,

How about this one?

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Cal Club in San Francisco.

Cypress Point

Pine Valley

Oak Hill

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Have you played Cal Club mvmac? One day, somehow, I will try and play all the SF privates.

Steve

Have you played Cal Club mvmac? One day, somehow, I will try and play all the SF privates.

@nevets88 Take me with you....

I have been trying to get on Cal Club for some time now. The guy I know threw is back out and has not been playing golf for over a year now. So I am stuck waiting.

Michael

Yeah grew up playing there, my Dad was a member for 25 years.

@nevets88 Take me with you....

I have been trying to get on Cal Club for some time now. The guy I know threw is back out and has not been playing golf for over a year now. So I am stuck waiting.

Next time I'm in the area I'll see if we can get a foursome together, still know a lot of the guys there.  I'm a popular guest in the Member-Guest tournaments ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 3257 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!