IGNORED

TST SoCal Winter Outing - Feb. 16, 2014 @ Goose Creek

jefkve
Note: This thread is 3717 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I looked quickly and didn't see a PDF. What's the URL?

http://www.goosecreekgc.com/scorecard.asp Whoops, when you click to enlarge I'm used to it opening in another window as a PDF or the like ... These guys are different and I made an incorrect assumption.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Whoops, when you click to enlarge I'm used to it opening in another window as a PDF or the like ... These guys are different and I made an incorrect assumption.

Yeah, that's just a PNG.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm inordinately pumped about this tournament.  Never played Goose Creek before, so I've fully been wasting time at work Google Earthing the course and noting some yardages and possible strategies for each hole.  Obsessing about my golf swing even more than normal this weekend...

On a side note, what's the motivation for the value of the cutoff between blue and white tee assignments?  My only experience with non-TST tourneys is approximately 6 weeks as a member of one of my local course's men's club, and there the flights (which also determine tee selection) are simply chosen so the number of players in each flight (and thus at each tee assignment) is 50/50 or 33/33/33, depending on whether there's two or three flights.  Obviously that's not the rule that was used here, so I'm just wondering the motivation.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

• Administrator

Obviously that's not the rule that was used here, so I'm just wondering the motivation.

Lihu and hacker101 are coming with their kids, so I put them on the white tees.

Then jefkve is a high enough handicap index that I felt he might want to play the white tees.

If someone wishes to change tees, I'll make the change if it's reasonable (i.e. it would be unreasonable for a single digit to want to play the white tees).

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Paging @hacker101 - what is the handicap index for you and your son?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdl

Obviously that's not the rule that was used here, so I'm just wondering the motivation.

Lihu and hacker101 are coming with their kids, so I put them on the white tees.

Then jefkve is a high enough handicap index that I felt he might want to play the white tees.

If someone wishes to change tees, I'll make the change if it's reasonable (i.e. it would be unreasonable for a single digit to want to play the white tees).

All right, I can live with that!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

@Pakoh has 16.6 listed in his profile for whatever reason, and @GolfSwine has 6.2.

So unless they give more information, then, here goes:

I'm a newby to these events so maybe everyone else already knows this?  Why are the handicaps lower than the indexes, when the slopes (assuming the 127 and 124 are slopes) are greater than 113?  Normally a slope in excess of 113 would result in a course handicap that is higher than the index.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

• Administrator
I'm a newby to these events so maybe everyone else already knows this?  Why are the handicaps lower than the indexes, when the slopes (assuming the 127 and 124 are slopes) are greater than 113?  Normally a slope in excess of 113 would result in a course handicap that is higher than the index.

We give you 80% of your handicap because it's a team event and we throw away the highest score. If we didn't do this, the highest handicap teams would win disproportionately often.

Are you guys getting rain down there?  We're getting pelted up here in NorCal and it isn't supposed to stop anytime soon.

Don't go asking for any of our water or anything :-P

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Guys, the weather is jumping from mid 60's today, to mid 70's tomorrow, to mid 80's Tuesday! And it's supposed to stay that way all through the weekend. Sunday is supposed to be 82 with a 0% chance of rain. Winter, where are you? Edit: nope, no rain right now. Just a few clouds is all.

Guys, the weather is jumping from mid 60's today, to mid 70's tomorrow, to mid 80's Tuesday! And it's supposed to stay that way all through the weekend. Sunday is supposed to be 82 with a 0% chance of rain.

Winter, where are you?

Edit: nope, no rain right now. Just a few clouds is all.

Well, that works for me.  Good time to get away from NorCal.  Won't be able to practice though, which sucks.  Honestly I'm only coming down for a release and getaway from work/school.  Hell, I'm at work right now!  And studying when I get home.  I don't expect to play well.

Maybe I can get one of those "haven't played in a long time beginner's luck" rounds :-)

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Paging @hacker101 - what is the handicap index for you and your son?

Cool, we're going in first @hacker101!

I am sorry guys, between Chruch, work, work, work and golf I have not been on the internet much.

Put us down for the following.

Hacker 15

Justin 18

Sorry this is my best guess at this point. It seems my game has gone south these last few weeks/month. :cry:

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

All right, I can live with that!

I am too we will have a great time, looking forward to see you all again and a great day of golf!

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

[QUOTE name="Lihu" url="/t/70859/tst-socal-winter-outing-feb-16-2014-goose-creek/252#post_948610"]   All right, I can live with that! [/QUOTE] I am too we will have a great time, looking forward to see you all again and a great day of golf!

Should be fun, glad you will make it too! Hopefully no broken down golf carts this time. :-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator

Put us down for the following.

Hacker 15

Justin 18

Roger that!

Should be fun, glad you will make it too! Hopefully no broken down golf carts this time.

That was funny, good times!

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

I honestly wish I could be going :D

Stay tuned ... we've been pretty consistent with these for the last year or more - having one basically every season - so just look out for our Spring outing coming in April or May (ish).

Note: This thread is 3717 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!