IGNORED

TST SoCal Winter Outing - Feb. 16, 2014 @ Goose Creek

jefkve
Note: This thread is 3692 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
@mvmac and I don't eat. ;-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just walked 5 miles and realized how much I'm out of shape! What a pansy ass. I need to try and hit the range tonight so I don't look like a total hack tomorrow!

I just walked 5 miles and realized how much I'm out of shape! What a pansy ass. I need to try and hit the range tonight so I don't look like a total hack tomorrow!

Where did you get to walk 5 miles in Orange County, South Coast Plaza?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Up and down the aisles at Babies R Us.

Sounds like a good place to work on his putting.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

We are open to stopping to eating or at the course if any one still wants to?

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Good luck my fat ass went to the range today. will just say any indication of how I hit the ball today carries to tomorrow I better change my Handicap to 100. :cry:

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

We are open to stopping to eating or at the course if any one still wants to?

There's always Carl's or Applebee's right off the Limonite exit, but I am sure there is something else in the Vernola Marketplace or across the street.

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.973834,-117.54384,3a,75y,284.78h,83.7t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sEuJ9TCI-O5BvmfCWFk7oqQ!2e0?hl=en

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.97529,-117.552957,3a,75y,66.44h,88.71t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sowiduWZTsuljiFUNGHyTCQ!2e0?hl=en

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator

I'm up (you've seen posts :D) and about to jump in the shower. @mvmac and I intend to be there at about 10:00. We'll be preparing the scorecards and meeting everyone.

The MVP of the winning team will earn something quite unique… I hope everyone has room in their cars. If you're hoping to win MVP honors on the winning team, you'll need some space!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The MVP of the winning team will earn something quite unique… I hope everyone has room in their cars . If you're hoping to win MVP honors on the winning team, you'll need some space!

Giving you a ride to the airport is kind of a lame prize. :-P

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

As I sit in my humvee in the middle of the Mojave desert, bummed that I couldn't make it but watching the beginnings of a beautiful desert sunset over the mountains, I wonder things. How did the event go? Who was the MVP? What is this mystery prize? Why haven't any pics or trash talk been posted?

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

To all the guys at the outing today thanks for a great day of golf. We had great weather, nice course and great to see you all again looking forward to the next one.

And to my team mates Lihu, Kaili, Justin looking forward to paying with you all again soon!

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

To all the guys at the outing today thanks for a great day of golf. We had great weather, nice course and great to see you all again looking forward to the next one.

And to my team mates Lihu, Kaili, Justin looking forward to paying with you all again soon!

iacas thank you for the tip this morning, hit my driver longer, straighter and more consistent much appreciate!

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Yup, ditto here, especially about the playing together soon part. @hacker101 PM me for a get together with you and your son. It was a blast.

I am also hoping someone will plan the next one for something nearby again!

Maybe, Hidden Valley?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

As I sit in my humvee in the middle of the Mojave desert, bummed that I couldn't make it but watching the beginnings of a beautiful desert sunset over the mountains, I wonder things. How did the event go? Who was the MVP? What is this mystery prize? Why haven't any pics or trash talk been posted?

Mike and Erik took some photos to post. Group 1 came in with 89 stable ford points. Group 2 had 95, we had 100 exactly, and group 4 had 103. Bechambo (Barrett) shot 73 for their MVP and won the mystery prize. It was a locker. A wooden locker ... 5 ft high, by about 1' by 1' and it contained a Taylor made hat and a 6 iron from each of their 3 players iron sets. Fairly useless, but pretty cool nonetheless. Had a great time seeing everybody again. Was good meeting Rich for the first time. Hopefully, Kevin, we'll catch you at the next one.

Off topic:

Hey everyone, google maps does not have distance measuring capability anymore. I sent a problem report to google, and hope they will fix it.

For now you can use this: http://www.satelliteview.co/?place=goose+creek+golf+club+mira+loma+ca

It takes some manual playing, but is relatively easy to use once you get used to it. You will need to pan the map around and move to the golf course a little, and use the "measure" tab. Type in the name of the course in the box in the upper right of the screen.

I will have to assume the tool is accurate enough.

So, back on topic. . .

My son and I were arguing over who hit the longest drive today. He won on a downhill 289 yard drive on the 15th (almost drove the green with a nice draw). My longest was 270 yards carrying the right of the biggest bunker I have ever played (or seen) on the 10th. However, I also I got to the end of the bunker by carrying the lake on the 18th with a 254 yard drive that was stopped by the back wall of the bunker. We both really love playing the white tees :beer: .

His final statement is "I still won, though. . .", and he did as he out-drove me on most of the holes. I was having a bad driving day.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 3692 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!