IGNORED

What is your average Driver yardage?

itzzzberny
Note: This thread is 4722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. How far can you go w/ the Driver on average?

• 75 - 150 yards
    • 151 - 200 yards
    • 201 - 260 yards
    • 261 - 285 yards
    • 286 - 320 yards
    • 321 - or more

I played baseball for a long time and developed a fast bat speed which has helped my carry distance in golf. I just swing hard naturally and if I try to slow it down I slice it horribly. I usually carry about 250 - 260 on a good day 260-270 but sometimes a bit farther.

I say I average about 600 yards off the tee, trying to get some extra yardage with an 86 inch shaft instead of the 84, but we'll see. I just put the oober-old-fogey senior flex shaft on there so i should be gettin some good whip action.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

I say I average about 600 yards off the tee, trying to get some extra yardage with an 86 inch shaft instead of the 84, but we'll see.

That's pathetic for someone carrying a 4 handicap. You have no business hanging out in a place like this where even 20+ handicappers drive it past Tour Pros off the tee on a regular basis. With their wedges.

Maybe you should take up knitting.

Bag It:

3-Wood Wishon 525 F/D, 13*, Matrix Studio 65gm, Golf Pride Dual Compound
Hybrid: Wishon "321", 24*, MSF 85 HB, Winn DSI
Irons: Wishon 770CFE, Matrix Studio 74gm, Winn DSI

Putter: Odyssey DFX 2-Ball

Bag: Some big, honkin', ridiculous overkill of an Ogio cart bag with more pockets than I have teeth.

I carry my driver between 260 aand 270 with about 15 yards of roll on average. Less or more roll depedning on the conidtion of the fairway or rough. I launch the ball well but I dont generate great swing speeds. Im around 110mph usually.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

That's pathetic for someone carrying a 4 handicap. You have no business hanging out in a place like this where even 20+ handicappers drive it past Tour Pros off the tee on a regular basis. With their wedges.

whoah, dont gotta hate on me because im distance challenged!

oh and i have taken up knitting! I make a mean quilt. for an honest answer to this question, I hit an average drive of 280-290 carry without much roll
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

• 3 weeks later...
270 - 275 on average. but there'll be 2 or 3 holes that I crack it 300. wish i could do that all the time and control it
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Well -- I've been hitting my driver like crap so I had it cut down from 45 3/4 to 44.5 (a TM Burner 10.5*) I have a straight low to mid flight boring trajectory now -- increased consistency on the sweet spot and I'm disappointed if I don't net 250 - 260. This is with a 90 - 95 mph swing speed. My standard 7 iron is 155 to 160.

My Bag:

Driver: Srixon ZR-W 9.5* Graffaloy Epic 68(R)
Fairway: Wishon 949MC 16.5*
Hybrid(s): Cobra Baffler DWS 20*Irons: 6-PW Mizuno MP-52. 5i Mizuno MX-23Wedges: Cleveland CG12 DSG 56/10Putter: Rife 2-Bar Hybrid

210 average. I'm a lefty, and used to have a wicked slice. I've been working on my grip placement, and am getting clean drives now, so i've given up about 20-25 yards to hit the ball straight:). Using a Taylor Made 320 Ti.

In My Hideaway Bag:

Driver: r7 Draw
5: Genex Cross
7:3-PW: Silver Scot Blades56 and 60 wedge: El-804Putter: Dual Force II Rossie MalletBalls: Laddie X------------------------------------------------Wish List: Vokey Oil Can 56 Wedge

280 average at 80 percent swing speed. I can crank it up but not as consitent with the accuracy obviously. Actaully really working on keeping at 80 percent and it is hard to not try and kill driver but I am so much better at 80.

• 2 weeks later...
i am 13 and hit it about 215 235

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

I say I average about 600 yards off the tee, trying to get some extra yardage with an 86 inch shaft instead of the 84, but we'll see. I just put the oober-old-fogey senior flex shaft on there so i should be gettin some good whip action.

That's nothing, I carry 800 yards and get a good 200 yards of roll....That is with an extra stiff shaft....Good thing I am accurate off the tee, or else I would be screwed....,.

Driver:  Ping G15 9* with Talamonti 70x shaft
3 Wood/Hybrid:  Taylormade Rescue TP 17*
3-PW Irons:  Ping G15 Green Dot KBS 90 shafts
Gap Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTG
Sand Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGLob Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGPutter:  OdysseyBall:  Bridgestone 330-RXS or 330-SBag:  Generic

if i hit it well about 245 and my longest ever being 320

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

Average is around 260 or so but every now and again I will get a good one to go 280+.

In the bag:
10.5* G10 Driver
15* FT 3Wood
19* a3-Boxer 3-Hybrid
mp30 4-PW 55.12 SW Newport 2 Studio Stainlessor G5i AnserLooking for another wedge.

For a true average you have to include all the mishits, right? Is this how they do it in the PGA, or do they only take the best X number of drives per round?

Note: This thread is 4722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!