IGNORED

What is your average Driver yardage?

itzzzberny
Note: This thread is 4721 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. How far can you go w/ the Driver on average?

• 75 - 150 yards
    • 151 - 200 yards
    • 201 - 260 yards
    • 261 - 285 yards
    • 286 - 320 yards
    • 321 - or more

I originally put in 151-200 last year when I started, as I was working with a stock set Wilson beginner clubs and did about 190.

This year, I've been working a lot at it, got some new clubs, took a few lessons, and drive a little over 210 now. Miss-hits lose only about 10 yards, thanks to the r7! On really center hits, it can, at times, be 230. There's one hole on my home course where I get a great roll down when I get right center on the fairway and it takes it about 250-260 with an easy PW/9i to the hole.

In my bag:

Burner 460 9.5* Stiff
1, 2, 3 Hibore Hybird (Regular Steel)
Big Bertha 4-PW Regular TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Shafts 54* and 60* CG12 Wedges Piper Putter Tour i Balls Stand BagMy Home Course: Oak Brook Golf ClubMy Stats for This Season

235 is my average. Some days i'm feeling it and run out to 252 (I keep my numbers on the scorecard and use a sky caddie). I was amazed that it was 235 (day to day) as i thought i was longer than that, but after getting the sky caddie, you have to face facts. I have knocked a 275 and 291 once, but with the wind and just tagged the fire out of it.
On the subject of swinging easy, that is true, you get better results and lower scores. Some of my best scores have come with a half set and no driver.... jmoc

"Courage is fear holding on one minute longer." Gen. Geo. S. Patton, 5 June 1944

Grom Desert Camo
Dymo HL Driver and 5 Wood
GC Hybrids 3-5 i15 irons 6-pw Tour-W 50*, 54* and 58* wedges White Hot XG Hawk Freak Neo GPS

On a still day,with a nice temperature it's almost spot on 250 most times.Once I hit a 300 yd drive with a nice wind behind me,plus I had added roll,because the last 20 yds sloped downhill.
However into a wind I shoot maybe 220-230,so conditions effect driving all the time.My approach now is,wide fairway,no wind,take it out,but anything different,I would rather take a hybrid,or a longer iron.

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

Honestly I have no idea. Some days I hit the ball high and carry it about 300 an some days I hit it lower and roll it. When it is rolling, I only carry it about 275-285.

I like the high shot, but I stayed conservative with the 261-285 range.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

• 2 weeks later...
I'm driving about 230-240 but I have a older Cobra driver and its not even 460cc I think I might be getting a new driver though so my average will be going up fairly soon.

In My Ogio Octane Bag
DRIVER
SQ Dymo Str8-Fit 9.5 Stiff Flex
IRONS
CCi 3i-PW S400 ShaftsWEDGES 258.12° Vokey 252.08° VokeyFAIRWAY WOODS Burner 15° 3 Wood Stiff FlexPUTTER Classic 1 Putter

With my driver I usually hit it about 250 yards... straight into the woods. :)

I'm a beginner (2.5 seasons). All of last year, I didn't even bother to try to use my driver. This year I've picked it up again and have been experimenting, but I'm still plagued by a persistent slice. I just picked up the inside approach at Target but have not tried this training tool on the range as of yet.

Anyway, when I swing nice and slow and easy and don't try to kill the ball, and I have a nice straight shot I'll do about 210-220 carry. My best shots ever have been around 260-280.

The other day I was in Golf Galaxy and the young salesman was watching me test out some 3 woods. I was happy I was hitting them very straight in the simulator ... 200 yard carry no problem. He said my swing is really quite bad because I should be getting 265-275 with my 3 wood like he is.

I know I'm not the longest hitter in the world (I have really high ball trajectory), but if I can hit 200 yards or even 180 yards but straight, I'll take that over 265 and in the woods any day. I figure even the longest hole I've ever played, I can reach the green in regulation with a 200 yard maximum range.

G10 9* Stiff Shaft Driver
R7 Draw 3 Wood
Burner 3 hybrid
26* Baffler Hybrid 5H Stiff Shaft.
Rapture 6-SW (3-5 are retired in favor of hybrids) Vokey Spin Milled 60* Wedge Newport 2 Pinseeker 1600 + ViewTI GPS software for iPhone

Lordhamster-sounds like that salesman was a jackass-whether or not your swing is bad telling you that you should be hitting a 3 wood 265-275 yds. sounds foolish.

Average drive for me is around 235. Wish it was longer but I have been cursed with honesty.

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

To be honest a good drive for me usually ends up at about 260-280 with the Superquad. But my longest is 322, funny story to go with that too.

I was with an older friend playing, he's got a good 30+ years on me and there was a group of his friends in front of us that had been pissing him off all day. So on the next par 5 he decided he would try to drive up on them and he ended up duffing it he tried swinging so hard, so then I was like alright I'll give it a shot and I just hit a monster. It sailed right over their heads as they were a bit past the 250 marker and we got up their and skycaddied it from the tee box and it read 322

R7 Superquad 10.5° RE*AX 65 Fujikura
R7 Draw Rescue 3H 19°
R7 Draw Rescue 5H 25°
X-20 4-AW
Vokey Spin Milled 54° ChromeCPR 56°Victoria II 35"Pro v1

Pre-cutting it down from 45.5" it was about 240 and not straight (usually a slice). Post cutting it down to 44.5" 250-275 and straight.

SLDR 430 TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR Mini Driver TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR 4h Matrix Black Tie 95s
Ping G25 4-PW
Ping Gorge 50, 54, 58

Ping Anser IWI

To be honest a good drive for me usually ends up at about 260-280 with the Superquad. But my longest is 322, funny story to go with that too.

Mine is 358 lol, due to a nice bounce of a cart path and 20km winds at are back:D, and the fairways roll fairly fast. It was awsome just ask Dent bout that one it was something.

In my Black'n'Red :

Driver: R7 TP 460cc 10.5* Reax 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Tour Impact 15*
Irons: Tour Impact 3-PWWedges: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 54.10, Golfco Baron 58* SWPutter: Tracy II 35"Balls: Prov 1Age:16

With this new ping g10 driver i was on this robotic machine and said i was carrying the ball 268 with 10 yards of roll, so think i need to get a lower degree driver to get at least 20 yards of roll

I play a TaylorMade R5 with 10.5 degrees of loft. I keep a lot of stats, and my average drive is only 221. But I count topped drives and worm burners, even if they are only 100 yards. If I didn't count those in my average, I think it would be more like 240.

Maybe one of these days, as my swing gets better, I'll go down to 9.5 degrees of loft. Might get a few more yards.

--------------------------
"There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- Those who can count, and those who can't."

Its taken me years, but I am finally finding relative consistency with my driver. I use a Callaway Big Bertha 454 10 degree regular flex. My drives travel about 225 to 240 going straight or with a slight draw. I will sometimes slice when I overswing but my most common bad drive is a duck hook which travels about 180. For this reason I tend to favour the right side of the fairway. I used to choke up on my driver because I'm only 5'7" but now I use a more upright stance, slight knee bend with my arms hanging straight down and a slightly stronger grip. Using this method I never end up grounding the club and because I use the whole shaft I get more distance, sometimes exceeding 260 yards.
By hitting the big stick better this year I have already shaved 2.5 points off my index. The rough on my home course is murder. Fairways are nice.

This is my first post and I must say this is a very enjoyable and useful forum.

I have always been able to hit the driver a long way, but only in the last couple of years have i been able to control it and move it when needed. I tried every driver they had at Edwin Watts before I decided on the Superquad with the V2 shaft. I average somewhere between 305-320 now since I hit more fairways and get more roll.

Driver TM Superquad 9.5 w/ V2 stiff
3 Wood Callaway Fusion 13 deg w/ DVS stiff
Hybrid Titleist 585H 19 deg. w/ VS Proto Hybrid 95 stiff
Irons Titleist 735CM 4-PW - Cleveland wedges 52,56,60 deg.
Putter PING CRAZ-E G2i

A good drive for me carries 220 and rolls 30 more. A bad drive looks like a stinger 2 iron about 180 and rolls 50 yard so 230-250 total. I've never gotten a better post-bounce action than I do with my proforce V2. Longest drive ever, IN THE FAIRWAY, was 351.

Note: This thread is 4721 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!