IGNORED

What is your average Driver yardage?

itzzzberny
Note: This thread is 4722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. How far can you go w/ the Driver on average?

• 75 - 150 yards
    • 151 - 200 yards
    • 201 - 260 yards
    • 261 - 285 yards
    • 286 - 320 yards
    • 321 - or more

I'm usually around 235 or so. That doesn't sound particularly long, but of all of the people I play with I am consistently the longest. I check my yardages with my GPS units and they are typically 230-240. Yesterday spoiled me, though. We were playing with a strong wind (30 MPH with gusts over 40). I hit one drive 336 (according to GPS) and 4 others over 289 - all with wind at my back. The funny thing is I didn't even try to hit it hard for any of those drives (the one I did try was 18 with wind at back that I managed to slice about 50 yards right out of bounds ). The wind was gusting so bad on one whole one of my playing partners (who hits high drives), crushed one into the wind about 120 yards - it looked like it was coming back at us after it peaked.

Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

300 million yards!

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Given that only 13 pga tour players averaged over 300 yds driving last year and the leader was Bubba Watson at 315.1 yds, you'll forgive me for being a little suspect of the 120 forum members here that claim to average between 286 and 320 yds and especially the 9 that claim to average over 321 yds!

But maybe that's just me......

BTW, I'm somewhere in the 250ish yd range on average. If I catch a sprinkler head on a hard fairway maybe I'll see 280 yds every now and then, but it sure doesn't happen very often!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

228.7 yards average according to my laser (must be broke )!

In my Tour bag
Driver - Cyberstar (9*), cut to 43.5 inches long with tonnes of lead tape attatched to the head.
Fairway 909F2 (13.5*), Diamana blue 83 shaft, 42 inches long
Rescues Heaven wood (17*)
909h (21*) Diamana blue shaft Irons Pro M (3-PW), Rifle 5.0 shafts Wedges KZG TRS (52* +...

228.7 yards average according to my laser (must be broke

Damn metric system!

In David's bag....

Given that only 13 pga tour players averaged over 300 yds driving last year and the leader was Bubba Watson at 315.1 yds, you'll forgive me for being a little suspect of the 120 forum members here that claim to

I would assume most of those in the range of 286-320 are hitting to 300yd at the most. Really, I'm 6'4" and poking it 300 is not that difficult, especially with a little wind and roll.

MP-57 3-PW
907 D1
CG-12 *56
Vokey sm *60
Tight Lies 3 woodSeeMore MFGP putter

I measure every single drive with a very accurate laser. My average drive for the last 2 seasons has been 317.8 yards.And i only ever use a 6 iron off the tee.

Seriously I average 230-240 Id guess

Please someone remove this post-its just full of lies!

I would assume most of those in the range of 286-320 are hitting to 300yd at the most. Really, I'm 6'4" and poking it 300 is not that difficult, especially with a little wind and roll.

Getting there, "especially with a little wind" and

averaging it are two entirely different things. Again, last year on the pga tour, only 13 guys averaged more than 300 yds. Note, I'm not saying you're not one of the few, but 10 times more forum members than pga tour members? I remain dubious .....

In David's bag....

i missed 2 f/w's today... my avg yardages for f/w's i hit was about 220-230... the 2 f/w's i missed i tried bombing them to carry hazards and sliced them into the woods instead... but they went probably about 260-270 range...
i try not to go full power or i miss alot of fairways... when i keep them withing 220-230 i have way more control... anything farther than that tends to get sketchy... i know i can hit the ball far... but the farther they go... the less i know where they are heading... id much rather be on the fairway 30 yrds shorter... than in trouble 30 yrds closer
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Escuchame macho, the distance is for a normal drive in the middle of the fairway, everybody can make 280, 290 but with a percentage of 10 % fairways hit. With a percentage of 50 % of fairways hit , nobody pass 250 yards, only PGA tour players.

Escuchame macho, the distance is for a normal drive in the middle of the fairway, everybody can make 280, 290 but with a percentage of 10 % fairways hit. With a percentage of 50 % of fairways hit , nobody pass 250 yards, only PGA tour players.

hmm guess im a tour pro average around 300 in the fairway bout 65% of time

I would say there are some amateurs that can hit that, however their short games are probably horrendous. I play with a guy that hits it farther than anyone I have ever seen, and he's fairly straight, but can't hit a wedge if his life depended on it. He's about the same handicap index I am, but he's not going to get any better than that if he has no short game...a waste if you ask me.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Getting there, "especially with a little wind" and

I agree those are two different things, I don't average 300 yds.

MP-57 3-PW
907 D1
CG-12 *56
Vokey sm *60
Tight Lies 3 woodSeeMore MFGP putter

I really hate this thread. The voting system is terrible. 200-260 is one choice? Come on. That one choice should be cut up into 3-5 difference choices. That's the range most of us average in our drives. This thread is pretty stupid in my HUMBLE opinion haha. Had to say it. Don't troll me!

Constantine

I like the 300Milllion Yards LMAO

I voted 260-285...my last round was like this on a mushy uncut fairway were i plugged many drives.

1.285 fway
2.120 wormburner lol
3.200 toed fway
4.200 wormburner
5.230 towered over trees to cut a dog leg(dont ask)
6.295 uphill (i finally figured out where my tee height needed to be!) fway
7.310 low launcher fway
8.265 plugged
9.280 hit trees (BUT GOT PAR OUT OF THE WOODS LOL)
10. 275 but went OB trying to drive green around a dogleg, stupid...
11. 280 low line drive
12. 270 low launch with plug, pop and a little roll fway
13. 260 pushed a pop up and plugged
14. 280 but plugged....into a lake LOL.

Knowing I have hit balls 300+ and still learning to hit driver...that 295 yard drive is where I learned how high to tee my ball (ABOUT 4 inches lol) the only really good launch angle was the 14th drive at 280, 15 yds left and it would have been a 300+, but even that drive angle was lower than what I am looking for. I want to be able to start hitting them higher so the carry is longer since wind is less resistant than a fairway, so I may move this 4 inch tee height 3 inches closer to sternum, its currently 2 inches right of left foot. Even though the average may not be 260-285, had I played another 18 that day, the wormburners would have been eliminated...and the drives around 275+ with winter conditions.
To average 300 is high fway % IMO

I really hate this thread. The voting system is terrible. 200-260 is one choice? Come on. That one choice should be cut up into 3-5 difference choices. That's the range most of us average in our drives. This thread is pretty stupid in my HUMBLE opinion haha. Had to say it. Don't troll me!

Best post in this thread. This is maybe the worst breakdown in a poll I've ever seen. This thread should be closed and locked, then if there is any real interest, a new one with a legitimate poll set up. I'd do it, but I don't know if it would be deleted as a rerun.

A more sensible breakdown would be: under 200 200-220 220-240 240-250 250-260 260-270 270-280 280-300 300+ Edit: The heck with it, I'm going to try it anyway...

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

• 2 years later...

This thread is old, but extremely funny to me.  I know it has been said to death, but come on all of you 300+ hitters out there...where do you play?  I have never seen you out there...

I just starting playing again this year after playing 1 time in five years and 4 times in ten years...and I remember back in the day, when I played on the high school golf team, that I hit it pretty far.  I thought it was 280 avg., 300+ on occasion.  I will say that I have never played with anyone who hits it farther than I on average..but again, I have played now 7 times in the past 10 years.  (three this year)  But even in summer tournaments and high school golf (even when I was a sophomore going against seniors - but I never made it farther than the district tournament because I have never been able to putt) I can't remember playing with someone who was consistently longer than me.  A few were right there even, but none definitely longer.

And boy was I surprised when I got back out there this year....granted, I am in my early 30s now, but I top out at 260 now so far...With the new balls and supposed better, larger drivers. (though I am in the fairway way more often with it) No one in my foursome hits it as far, and no one in the groups directly in front or back of us the three times we have played have either...so what I am saying...is in this admittedly small sample size of 36 golfers, (3 rounds, my foursome, and a foursome each behind and ahead of us=12 golfers per round) are averaging 250.  So I wonder if I was always 260 max, but everyone else said they were 270 and I knew I was longer than them....so I said 280 back in the day.  Most likely wasnt right.

So where are all of the 300 hitters?  Honestly, I think the best answer is 1 in 1000 averages 300.  I could believe that.  I mean, if you hit from the middle tees but use the back tee distance as the hole distance (like a 400 yard back tee par 4, but it is 365 from the middle tees and you hit it to 100 yards from the center, viola!  300 yards) then I can see it.  The tees move around you know.  If anyone on here is averaging 300 then they are hitting a 3 iron over 250, and a 5 iron about 220.  That means on a 200 yard level par three they are debating choking down on a 6 or hitting a 7...yeah right.  And down the line, a 165 yard nine and a 150 wedge.  What are they hitting a 60*?  120?  The longest I ever was I remember hitting 7 about 170.  Now I am pushing it if I can get a 7 to 160.

Note: This thread is 4722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!