IGNORED

What is your average Driver yardage?

itzzzberny
Note: This thread is 4699 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. How far can you go w/ the Driver on average?

• 75 - 150 yards
    • 151 - 200 yards
    • 201 - 260 yards
    • 261 - 285 yards
    • 286 - 320 yards
    • 321 - or more

I'd say I average around 265 or so with my driver. My shorter ones will go around 250, longest ones 310 or so. My longest ever was last month, approx. 340yds.

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

Lol...brace yourself for the inevitable tidal wave of amatures who all consistantly hit the same off the tee as the average PGA tour player (

Although keep in mind that this poll is about driver distance, the numbers on that site are driving distance. i.e. if I understand the methodology, driving distance is the average tee shot on all par 4's and 5's. So that includes tee shots with a 3 wood or hybrid. So with that said, I think that just makes Bubba Watsons 316 all that more impressive!!

"There is no miracle tip. Fix your swing."

In the bag:
Sumo2 w/ Aldila VS Proto 60g S
Halo 2h Apex Pro 4-PW Vokey 2 52.08/56.10/60.04 Red X #3 34" Tour Deep

Seems to be alot of liars on this forum. Never seen so many 30 caps in my life hit it 280. Classic male over-estimation. Most male am's dont even carry the ball 220. Its like a never ending big fish story.
In My Bag
Driver: R5 TP 9.5 Diamana
3 Wood: V-Steel 15* UST V2
5 Wood: R7 Steel
Hybrids: Heavenwood 20* UST V2 Rescue Mid 22* UST V2Irons: RAC LT2 5-9 Project X FlightedWedges: RAC Black TP 47* 51* 55* 60*Putter: White Hot 2 BallBalls: One Black

Seems to be alot of liars on this forum. Never seen so many 30 caps in my life hit it 280. Classic male over-estimation. Most male am's dont even carry the ball 220. Its like a never ending big fish story.

Yes, but there are some am's who can hit the ball far, but accurate? No way.

WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

Yes, but there are some am's who can hit the ball far, but accurate? No way.

300 yards? 1 in 1000 maybe and absolutely no high handicappers.

Taylormade r7 460
Callaway X 3 Wood
Callaway X 5 Wood
Callaway X 7 Wood
Callaway X Hybrid (24*)TaylorMade r7 Irons (5-PW)Mizuno MP-R Series Wedges (52,58 degrees)Ping G2 Anser Putter

I beg to differ...there's a lot of guys with a lot of clubhead speed out there. Otherwise, stiff and x-stiff would never sell. It's a matter of accuracy, though. 99 out of 100 golfers who hit the ball a long way can't hit it straight - their monster drives are matched only by the monstrous lies they end up in - places on the course that typically don't see that many visitors. And for those guys, lost balls and blowup holes add up quickly.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I play with someone who is an 18-20 handicap. He can hit it 300 yards, 1 out of ever 3 or 4 drives. The problem is he has no idea where it is going. Same with his irons. Has no concept of how distance changes with respect to wind, uphill, downhill, etc. Hits ball far, goes and finds ball, hits ball again.

There is so much that goes into average driving distance. For me, my clubhead speed is right around 100mph. (usually 97-101). I have been measured multiple times for fittings and over the last year each of my three fittings has come back at this. (why 3 fittings? just trying out different manufacturers and also got new irons and a new driver this last year). My normal carry is 245-250 at sea level at around 65-70 degrees. With roll during the summer, I won't hit driver if I could run out of room before 270-275. Do I hit that far all the time? No. But when I hit my driver well, I can get the ball out 270ish with roll, etc. My longest drive is about 362, but that is a huge downhill. 462 yard hole, par 4 and had exactly 100 yards into a center pin. But this weekend I hit a driver 200 yards (push blocked one into the wind). Not pretty. Many people do stretch the truth. My dad is a great example. Everytime I talk to him, he swears he hits it 270-280 off the tee. Doesn't happen but once in a blue moon with a good cart path bounce :) I just let him believe.
Driver: TM R7 SuperQuad 9.5*, RE*AX Stiff
3 Wood: TM R7 TP, 13*, Fujikura Stiff

Hybrids: TM Rescue Dual TPs 2, 3, and 4, Mitsubishi Diamana Stiff
Irons: 2-PW TM R7 TP, DG S300Gap Wedge: Callaway X-Tour 52*Lob Wedge: Callway X-Tour 58* PM GrindPutter: Odyssey White Steel #5Ball: Callaway HX-Tour2, 3,...

I hit it about 265 on average, I can honestly say. I seem to get a lot of roll off the first bounce, and I get a nice carry. Unfortunately I have problems keeping it straight sometimes.
What's in my Mizuno Aerolite Stand bag:

r7 460 10.5*, stock Stiff Flex Shaft
CLK Fli-Hi 17* hybrid, Prolaunch Blue Stiff shaft
Slingshot Tour 21*, DGS300 shaft Baffler DWS Hybrid 26*, Aldila NVS-HL shaft MP-60 5-PW DG S300 shafts Tour Action 900 54*/12* WedgeVokey Spin Milled 58*/08* Wedge...

OK let's say I hit 10 balls -

4 or 5 will hit 300 and of those 2-3 will hit the fairway... the other 5-6 drives will be about 270-280, and 4-5 would be "fairway-bound," (average-width fairway) with the rest being pushed or pulled (normally pulled) about 10-15 degrees off of straight . Slicing used to be a huge problem for me but I've corrected it through hard work and, ironically, my main problem on drives is pulling to the left, like I said, about 10-15 degrees.

I think that's a fair description of my drives. It's not like I'm some 14 year old bragging; I'm 22 years old, 6'0 195lb, former lacrosse player. I think it's reasonable to assume I can hit 300 40% of the time with a 50% fairway rate.

Why do I have a 17 handicap? The lack of confidence in my scoring clubs. I mis-chip like it's a 9-5'er, and yes I do practice my short game frequently. In fact, I normally carry only one iron and my PW and putter to the range.

Driver: r7 10.5*
3W: Black Ti
Irons: CG Gold
Wedges: 54*, Acuity 60*
Putter: Copperhead bladeBall: NXT-Tour

I normally hit my drives about 450 yards, give or (mostly) take about 175 yards.

Driver: Titleist 907D1
3W: 906F2 15
5W: Cobra SZ HS
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 21
Irons: Taylormade Rac LT2 Wedges: Vokey SM 52 + 56 Putter: Some old piece of crap

Are there any ranges which even have 300+ markers? And why is that when I check out a half dozen ranges around me.....there are next to no balls from the 250 markers & further? Never read or heard about so many big hitters before

Until I hit one 305 yesterday I thought everybody was full of shit. Usually most of the hackers are hitting the same 200 yard weak ass fade, but then there's always one guy launching 'em out to the fence. Unfortunately I'm not that guy, I'm the 200 yard weak ass fader. Sometimes not even 200. I usually blame those sessions on the ball. Ranges use low flight balls, right? Probably about 10% less flight than a nice new Top Flight?

Nike Sweet 16

Callaway Steelhead Plus 19*

Srixon I-701 3-P

Cleveland CG-16 Black Pearl 52* & 58*

Cleveland VP Milled No. 3

Are there any ranges which even have 300+ markers? And why is that when I check out a half dozen ranges around me.....there are next to no balls from the 250 markers & further? Never read or heard about so many big hitters before

if i do go to the range, i don't hit my driver. i never could hit it at the range b/c i'm always just trying to murder it so everything gets screwed up. i usually just work on my iron play... also.. look at the people who are at the range as well. most of the ranges i've gone to off of courses are just people out having some fun trying to hit some balls. at courses i mostly see people working on their iron play.

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

Could someone clarify something....how is the yardage of a hole determined? i always thought it was measured down the middle of the fairway and not a direct line from tee to green. if i am right, i think a lot people mistakenly measure distance by subtracting distance remaining from total yardage.

The range I go to has a marker at 250, and the woods is about 20-30 yards beyond that. The range pro told me to either aim diagonally or not hit driver because I was hitting them in the woods.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

keep practicing. when i was a kid 5th grade i was able to make good contact and my swing was smooth (200 w/ driver). Than i stopped cause i wanted to try out hockey and other sports. i just recently started playing again. I'm 24 about 5'8 130lbs i average 270 yards w/ my driver. i usually out drive people i'm paired up w/ but anyone can bomb it. its all about distance control, accuracy,consistancy and your short game.

thanks, you still play hockey? Great sport, i also play it.

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

In today's round

hole 1: slice, 20 yds right and 10 yards short of 285 yd green
hole 2: 300 yd, slight fade on a 500 yd par 5. Then I pulled a 21d hybrid. Smooth.
hole 3: par 3
hole 4: 250 slight fade
hole 5: 275 straight. Stuck a wedge within 10 feet and birdied
hole 6: par 3
hole 7: 250 slice
hole 8: 275 straight, slight draw
hole 9: 270 slight fade

Driver: Titleist 907D1
3W: 906F2 15
5W: Cobra SZ HS
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 21
Irons: Taylormade Rac LT2 Wedges: Vokey SM 52 + 56 Putter: Some old piece of crap

Note: This thread is 4699 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!