IGNORED

Tiger in 2014, How many Majors will win?

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3765 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Tiger will win ____ majors in 2014

• Zero
    • One
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four

Tiger had 5 wins last season, finished T4 at the Masters and Open Championship.  Does he get to 15 in '14 or will it be another goose egg year in the majors? Post your prediction and why.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He has come close the last couple of years.  He will get one, but bad breaks will cost him the others.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

He's improved quite a bit in each of the last two years.  If it wasn't for the flagstick debacle at the Masters, he may have won one this year.

Next year he'll be even better ...

6 wins total, 2 majors (Masters, British), obviously he'll retain #1 ranking, he'll win POY again ... but this year he won't win the Fedex Cup.

P.S.  It's OT, but Rory's going to have a big year this year too!

I put zero, I like Tiger and really like to watch him play when his game is on. I am sure he will have his wins, 5 maybe even 6+,  but he just does not seem to be able to close the deal when it comes to the majors. Either he is trying to hard or it is mental, but one thing for sure is he needs to keep his injury's to a minimum. I don't see that happening this next year.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

I hope zero......but I'll be surprised if he doesn't win one.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Someone voted for Tiger winning four.  If that happens, Brandel will jump off the nearest bridge!

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I'm a Tiger fan (on the golf course) but I voted 0 just because it's Tiger against the field 4 times, and it's a tough field.

Was tempted to go with 1 but flashbacks of last year kept me from doing it. If he had control of his driver (mentally and physically) I would have voted differently but it's hard to beat the entire field when you are scared to hit a driver and they are not.

I think he needs to be focused on winning at least one this year if he's going to be in a position to catch Jack.  I know he can still win a Major over 40 but I have to think that for every year that passes his odds of winning one get worse.  I voted one in 2014.

Joe Paradiso

He's made steady improvement the past 2 years in his comeback. I think he breaks through for a major this coming year.

Lee

In My Bag... Driver:Titleist 913D3  3 Wood: Dunlop 16deg railer  Hybr:Titleist 910H 24deg  4-GW:Mizuno JPX825Pros

Sand Wedge: Titleist Vokey 256-14  60deg: Mizuno Zoid   Putter: Odyssey WH Rossie (Left handed)

Someone voted for Tiger winning four.  If that happens, Brandel will jump off the nearest bridge!

You should have added an option for "5 or more" just as quality control or something.  (Would be especially helpful if you could see who voted for what, so you could find out who the crazies are. ;))

I don't get it why someone would hope he doesn't win a golf tournament, anyways I think this is the year when he gets things back on track. As far as what tournament I don't know where the other three are being played at but the masters would be the most likely.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Hoping that he doesn't win is simple. You only need to be able to come up with 4 (or even fewer) players who you'd rather see win. Some people will find that easier than others though.

Putting aside hopes and fears, I voted that I THINK he'll win zero. We saw the end in 2008, I think. Too much accumulated damage now - physical and mental. If he wins another, Tiger will have had at least 18 years of winning majors. So few guys have sustained a career at the highest level for so long - and those that did managed it, I think, in the absence of the sort of intensity that has always surrounded Tiger.

Jack's career was longer - but I don't think he had to work so hard at it. No doubt, Jack was tapering off after 20 years - but then Jack's fitness probably improved throughout his career, rather than declined. Jack was also an excellent driver at the end of his career. Much harder to make those arguments for Tiger.

I reckon Tiger breaks out at Valhalla where he captured the PGA Championship in 2000.  You'd like to think that he will also have a real shot at breaking his Major drought at Augusta in April, but he hasn't won there since 2005, which tells its own story.  I'll go for the 1 Major in 2014.

Augusta and the British Open. In. The. Bag. :-D
  • Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

With his improved play over the last year or so I have to believe he'll break through for at least one. His best chance is probably at Augusta and that could propel him to a Tiger-type year (pre-2008).

Bill M

I'm a Tiger fan (on the golf course) but I voted 0 just because it's Tiger against the field 4 times, and it's a tough field.

Was tempted to go with 1 but flashbacks of last year kept me from doing it. If he had control of his driver (mentally and physically) I would have voted differently but it's hard to beat the entire field when you are scared to hit a driver and they are not.

I struggled with that too........1 against the field is tougher every year.  I won't be surprised if he does get one though.  Someone's gonna win each one, and individually he's still the hottest guy out there.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

It's a really deep field right now where a lot of quality players can have great tournaments in any given week.  But I hope he still gets one or two.

I have about 10 players that I'd like to see win a major this season.  But there are only 4 trophies to go around......

Bill - 

Note: This thread is 3765 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!