IGNORED

Would you still play golf if you had to bring your own rake?

FlappyGilmore
Note: This thread is 3819 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Would you still play golf if you had to bring your own rake?

• Yay
    • Nay

I voted Yay, just to see what kind of reaction it would get.

It would be a great product idea. The 15th club is a retractable rake. The stainless steel tangs snap in and out of the extendable tube. You can also put a retractable blade on the other end to fight off bobcats and alligators, kind of like the cutlass from "After Earth".

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The issue isn't whether I'd bring a rake. The issue is whether the inconsiderate golfers ahead of me would bring a rake. I'd say that it's a pretty fair bet that the majority would not. Therefore, I'll tend to pass on that particular course..... .....I'd golf, just not there.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I miss Gilberg. Although his material was getting a little weak.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I would not bring on so I would have to pass on that course. Bad enough some players don't bother to rake now, can't imagine if they had to bring there own.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

I would not bring a rake!

Ha Ha. You sound totally outraged!

I AIN'T BRINGING NO STINKIN' RAKE!! :mad:

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Let's look closer at the question.  If all courses did not provide rakes and it was considered proper etiquette to rake after playing from a sand bunker, I suspect everyone would bring a rake, possibly a little folding tool.  If a single course did not provide rakes, I expect most everyone would avoid that course.

Frankly, after 11/1 in SE Michigan a lot of courses remove the rakes (along with ball washers, tee markers, etc...).  In this minimalist environment, I do not drag along a rake.  I do scuff my feet and fill in foot prints and large gouges as best I can.  I believe Pine Valley does not rake any of their bunkers but I will likely never get a chance to personally vouch for that piece of info.

Brian Kuehn

Let's look closer at the question.  If all courses did not provide rakes and it was considered proper etiquette to rake after playing from a sand bunker, I suspect everyone would bring a rake, possibly a little folding tool.  If a single course did not provide rakes, I expect most everyone would avoid that course.

Frankly, after 11/1 in SE Michigan a lot of courses remove the rakes (along with ball washers, tee markers, etc...).  In this minimalist environment, I do not drag along a rake.  I do scuff my feet and fill in foot prints and large gouges as best I can.  I believe Pine Valley does not rake any of their bunkers but I will likely never get a chance to personally vouch for that piece of info.

I also suspect that if any (or all) courses adopted that policy the starter would be checking to see that you have a rake in your group. Kinda hard to fake having a rake when you do not in fact have a rake.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

:)  I just would not play golf.. Unless of course bringing a rake automatically lowered your score 2 points.  Basically the question is always, what is in it for me :) right!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

The course I play at regularly has a rake on each cart.  Not so bad, so I guess if there was a foldable rake of some sort (perhaps blended with a ball retriever?) I'd invest in one if I wanted to play the course in question.  I don't see myself just carrying a regular rake stuck down in my bag.

It doesn't seem to me it would save that much money for the course, and would likely piss customers/members off unnecessarily.  Probably better for a private course than one that hopes to draw folks in from GolfNow and the like.

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 10.5*, Aldila RIP Phenom 50

Fairway 1: Titleist 913F, 17*, Titleist Bassara W55

Fairway 2: Titleist 913F, 21*, Titleist Bassara W55

Irons: Titleist AP1 714 5-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95

Wedges: SCOR 4161 48/52/56/60, Genius 9

Grips: GolfPride New Decade Red Mid-size on all of the above.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke Slim 3.0

If it were a choice between not playing or bringing a rake, I would bring a rake.  It's not that big of a deal really.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

I miss Gilberg. Although his material was getting a little weak.

No doubt. I really enjoyed his style of humor.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I would as long as it didn't count as a 15th club ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 3819 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!