IGNORED

C P's Issues with Who Knows What

c peterich
Note:Β This thread is 3790 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Just be cautious of all online golf lessons/ programs. You will get lot of unnecessary slack defying their intents. It is a self defense mechanism when they know people are trying to ruin their money making sources. This is big business .. The online golf teachings.. A few bad comments could build in ruining their empire. What about just going the old fashioned route.. One on one with a local pro? A lot of these guys put 70 hour weeks in washing carts.. Range balls. Sitting in the shop..no life but the golf business. Help support them, they need it more and many.. Many have great knowledge to pass on. I had a feeling online golf was heading in this direction.. Now I see it first hand..

Like working on the swing,,score means nothing to me. Might just go to the range and give up playing... ( might happen)

Just be cautious of all online golf lessons/ programs. You will get lot of unnecessary slack defying their intents. It is a self defense mechanism when they know people are trying to ruin their money making sources. This is big business .. The online golf teachings.. A few bad comments could build in ruining their empire. What about just going the old fashioned route.. One on one with a local pro? A lot of these guys put 70 hour weeks in washing carts.. Range balls. Sitting in the shop..no life but the golf business. Help support them, they need it more and many.. Many have great knowledge to pass on. I had a feeling online golf was heading in this direction.. Now I see it first hand..

Ok, you had a bad experience, but that doesn't mean they're all bad.

There are plenty of bad pros out there, too, so don't make the assumption that local pro > online instruction. Maybe if they were better teachers, they would be teaching instead of washing carts.

I get that they could use the money, but you know what, we're all out there earning a living somewhere. I'm not going to go to a shitty restaurant just because its owner could use the money more than the successful owner ofΒ a good restaurant.

Bill

β€œBy three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes you are correct.Β  Let me go down to my club and support my local pro who still teaches and believes the old ball flight laws.

Jeff

To each their own on this..for me.. I would rather go with someone I know personally. For years really...would you want a stranger watching your child? Same thing, I know a lot of local guys and vice versa. If it works, than it works..life is short do what the hell you want. Online instruction and programs at times reminds me of online dating. They are all 5 ft 7 models on there.,,if u get where I'm going at here ;-)

Like working on the swing,,score means nothing to me. Might just go to the range and give up playing... ( might happen)

To each their own on this..for me.. I would rather go with someone I know personally. For years really...would you want a stranger watching your child? Same thing, I know a lot of local guys and vice versa. If it works, than it works..life is short do what the hell you want. Online instruction and programs at times reminds me of online dating. They are all 5 ft 7 models on there.,,if u get where I'm going at here ;-)

No it is not like letting a stranger watch your child. Notthing like it. What the heck are you talking about. You throw out these blanket statements about whatever you have made up in your mind and it does not help your credibility. I can tell you this, a good instructor does not allow you to have a million swing thoughts going on in your head. Online or in person, there are good and bad instructors. It is as good or as bad as the instructor.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5)Β :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI)Β :benhogan:Β Icon(4-PW)Β :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:PutterΒ :snell:Β MTB BlackΒ Β 

• Administrator

Chris, you've clearly had a bad experience or two (and there are posts out there where your side of the story is challenged), but knock it off because you sound like an idiot. You've not tried every online program and to speak for all of them is ignorant at best. You came on this site like a giant ass, chilled out for a bit, but you keep flashing back with crap like this.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

I like where we can post our swings and thoughts here in private. That is fun for me and others like posting too..I love watching others progress. But I will never do a online golf program again..ever. I want to cheer people on with their progress, and maybe they will do,likewise with how I'm doing as well. Online didnt work for me..and I tried and tried and tried. I'm trying to get back to how I used to play in the mid 90's , it may never happen. Physically my body is going down hill..but I keep on finding a way that I can make some type of swing work for me..even if it doesn't look like the rest of you guys. Forgive my comments and actions..be cause I had a few bad times..doesn't mean others did well. I'm just a old prude at times..I just need to let it go and look towards the future not the past. Sorry again for the 1000 time. Chris

Everyone has a right to their opinion Chris, but you know what? If you can't keep yourself from shitting on the owners of this site, who have helped a ton of people FOR ****ING FREE, maybe you should just start your own little hermit site and you can preach all day on top of your rickety little soap box. When you take your little dumps on Erik and Mike you piss off a whole lot of people, me included and I'm the guy (in case you've forgotten) who welcomed you here and convinced the community to give you a chance despite the pissy attitude you brought with you. Thanks for making me look like an idiot. I'm using the "block member" feature for only the second time in all my time here. I'll check back in a few months to see if you've found the right balance in your prescription. No Fonzie for you.

Yours in earnest,Β Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks:Β :cleveland:Β 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5* Β :tmade:Β RBZ HL 3wΒ Β :nickent:Β 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H Β :callaway:Β X-22 5-AW Β :nike:SV tour 56* SWΒ :mizuno:Β MP-T11 60* LWΒ :bridgestone:Β customized TD-03 putterΒ :tmade:Penta TP3 Β Β :aimpoint:

When you take your little dumps on Erik and Mike you piss off a whole lot of people, me included and I'm the guy (in case you've forgotten) who welcomed you here and convinced the community to give you a chance despite the pissy attitude you brought with you. Thanks for making me look like an idiot.

He likes to take dumps on lots of people who have gone out of his way to help him. There's a reason he's been posting so much here recently...

I'll check back in a few months to see if you've found the right balance in your prescription.

Doubtful.

I for one enjoy the wealth of online info and free lessons/advice. I'm shut down for the winter now, but one of the first things I'll be doing in the spring is signing up for online lessons. I had taken a few lessons locally with a pro, and posted about my experiences here. Both Erik and Mike chimed in with their thoughts, which I very much appreciated. And their input made a lot more sense when I took a few more lessons and things went down the path they had warned me about. Did they, and other posters, have to do that for me? Nope. But it was appreciated and it certainly won't be forgotten.

Russ B.

Hey..all is good with me.. When I feel strongly about something, I'm just not going to hide in a corner anymore. I'm not blaming mike or evolvers..I have no idea what that program is or teaches. For me, if I ever do a online program..I wish they would ask us questions like ( how much we play/ where we live/ physical capabilities..etc)..and if they keep it basic. Not changing everything, maybe just areas that will help us break 100 /90/80 etc If evolver would promise I would at least try..and I have no need for attention..I like being a hermit doing on my own. Sorry you feel that way Ernest, I wish u best in your journeys online. Only getting to know someone by comments that they never called out mike or Erik is wrong.. They gave me some tips on body rotation and post impact..for that ..thank u guys Again, if anyone has an issue how I portray myself..pm me... In mean time, I will be a hermit and if I get responses or not ..all is good Edit..I like what they are doing. Here..I just came from places where it was all about $ at Times. Makes me afraid of online golf and hesitant for help from others. I'm getting over this phobia , slowly..but still not sure about this

• Administrator
Chris, to be clear, you are not welcome on Evolvr, nor have we ever asked you to sign up for it. You're speaking from a place of near absolute ignorance on Evolvr.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Call me a liar or a cheat,,or drama queen. I just want to be somewhere quiet,,and start over,,away from spending $ $ again..I'm not going to freaking do it like that again,, Sorry..just want to be a new forum online golf member without drama and$$ .. Let me try at least

• Administrator
Sorry..just want to be a new forum online golf member without drama and$$ .. Let me try at least

You've been given plenty of chances. The one commonality? You, behaving like a douche. We've also respected your wishes by not commenting on your My Swing thread, but you've virtually guaranteed we never will.

Thanks, starting thread. this is too much.. I love it..made my day :-D Ok. Here is another one [Ed: removed]

• Administrator
I think you're just a lousy student. I imagine you don't practice properly, and blame your lack of progress on either injuries or poor instruction. You can say "nuh uh" and may very well be closer to the truth but that's my opinion. This thread is not your general "bitch" thread. I just wanted to move your crap out of the Rotary thread as it was OT.

Chris, the analogy you're making is akin to saying that all golf instructors are poor instructors.

Whether it is video or a personal lesson, it's all about the instructor - if you deal with quality guys, you get quality instruction.

We all know that poor golf instruction lives in the world - we see and hear about it on a daily basis. But quality guys surround you-- you just can't generalize as you did that all online instruction is basically poor quality -- especially when you're making that general statement on a site filled withΒ quality instructors who manage/assist with online instruction.

Before you post, think about how it will affect people on the site and their role in the world.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22Β HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7Β Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Β 

Agree..Desmond,, I'm not going to reply to any instructional threads at all. Cheer people on with their swings and that is it. I'm learning this game on my own now..right or wrong..I'm trying. I guess I was a bad student, I just couldn't get online golf teaching programs... For me , I need one one one with a teacher showing me what to do. I wish I would've realized this earlier than later..as I have spent more $ than I intended too. But I did like seeing and hearing what they had to say on the online lessons...just couldn't comprehend it like I intended. Not the end of the world..but a learning experience for me. I learn better one on one Chris

I'm trying to get back to how I used to play in the mid 90's , it may never happen.

Your profile says you've got a 3 handicap index. Do you need to update that?

Craig
What's in the :ogio: SilencerΒ bag (on the :clicgear:Β cart)
Driver: :callaway:Β Razr Fit 10.5Β° Β 
5 Wood: :tmade:Β Burner Β 
Hybrid: :cobra:Β Baffler DWSΒ 20Β°
Irons: :ping:Β G400Β 
Wedge:Β :ping:Β Glide 2.0Β 54Β° ES grindΒ 
Putter: :heavyputter:Β  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,Β Β :bushnell:Β Tour V4

Note:Β This thread is 3790 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!