IGNORED

New TaylorMade MB, MC and CB Irons for 2014

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3620 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I really feel like TM is starting to dumb down on all the graphics they put on their clubs. These clubs have a good classic look to them.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Just saw these pics. I thought it would look better with the TP emblem than having it actually typed out.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

I really feel like TM is starting to dumb down on all the graphics they put on their clubs. These clubs have a good classic look to them.

I think it sticks with the theme of their previous MB, MC, CB irons, black/grey/satin look.  Yes a little less "techy" without the weight screws.  Obviously RocketBladez is a different story.

Mike, convince them that they need us to come down there and test these bad boys out!!!! ;)

These are great ... they look so un-Taylormade-like. ;)

I'll see what I can do ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Mmmmmm those look nice.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I really like the clean look of these irons, so not TMAG like.  I thought their Tour Preferred CB and MC irons looked great too, so if this is their replacement I'd definitely give them a try.

Joe Paradiso

These are nice. I had a set of the previous MC's and I really liked those. I think those ones actually looked a little bit better, but these are still nice and different from a lot of what they are putting out right now.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Wonder if Mizuno realize someone stole their MP 14 forging presses

Mike McLoughlin

• 1 month later...

I had a chance to test hit these today (the MC's) and they felt really good. I was a little leary about the KBB shaft but it didn't seem to bother me with these irons. They only had one set and they were stiff shafts so I'd wnat to try the regular's before making a decision. I'd also want to do a side by side test against my CB irons before making a decision. I also noticed that only the 8 through PW's are stamped forged. The 3 thru 7 irons don't say forged on them.. Does that mean the 3 thru 7 irons are not forged ? If not, what are they?

Oh and the price was $999.99

Steve

I had a chance to test hit these today (the MC's) and they felt really good. I was a little leary about the KBB shaft but it didn't seem to bother me with these irons. They only had one set and they were stiff shafts so I'd wnat to try the regular's before making a decision. I'd also want to do a side by side test against my CB irons before making a decision. I also noticed that only the 8 through PW's are stamped forged. The 3 thru 7 irons don't say forged on them.. Does that mean the 3 thru 7 irons are not forged ? If not, what are they?

They're cast.  I just saw these as well, they look good.  Soles are wide enough with a good amount of bounce.  I think the blade length is slightly longer than the previous MC.

Mike McLoughlin

I wonder if $999 will be the real street price or if the price will drop when they are officially introduced. I say "officially introduced" because they don't appear on Taylor Made's web site yet. Plus Callaway's x forged irons (which are also very nice) are selling for $799. And they are ALL forged.

Steve

Didn't see the price for the MC irons, CB irons were $869 but that might have been for 7 clubs since Golf Mart likes to price it like that.

Mike McLoughlin

I wonder if they have a cast body and forged face like my CB's. Unless it's a face thickness thing and they needed to be cast for strength. I'm reading they are really starting to work on COR values for irons now.

Steve

[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/86492/] [/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/86491/] [/URL]

Funny how good designs seem to be copied be everyone... To be fair I was actually thinking mp-37 before mp-14. I never had mp-14s but I did have a set of mp-37s and they were some of the best looking and feeling irons I've ever had the pleasure of hitting. I've never been a fan of TM irons but these are ridiculously sexy looking, so much better than the swiss army knife looking irons that they've been putting out for the last couple of years. mvmac if you do get a chance to hit these and/or do a review please do tell as I am very curious as to how they compare to good forged sets.

I've started to see TM market them about through Facebook and Twitter. The looks have really grown on me.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 3620 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!