IGNORED

My Swing (Lihu)

Lihu
Note: This thread is 1505 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thanks, I'm definitely focused on my priorities, now that I am beginning to understand them better.

I think that's exactly what the fitter said, actually, fitters from two different places. They both said that I tend to not "Let go" or that I "Hold back my release"? Is this what they mean?

No seems they were talking more about your wrists. I'm talking more about this, if anything your head can move ever so slightly towards the green line. Early extension would be the head moving away from the line.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No seems they were talking more about your wrists. I'm talking more about this, if anything your head can move ever so slightly towards the green line. Early extension would be the head moving away from the line.

Thanks, I will update some videos later this week.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Quick question, @Lihu . I know you hit the range a lot, but how often do you film your practice?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Quick question, @Lihu . I know you hit the range a lot, but how often do you film your practice?

only when there's improvement or if I need to see what im doing.not enough. I just finished a really good session. Wrist was flat, club was flat. Witnesses told me.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

only when there's improvement or if I need to see what im doing.not enough. I just finished a really good session. Wrist was flat, club was flat. Witnesses told me.

I only mentioned it because I noticed @mvmac mentioned in a previous post that you were falling into old habits, and I tend to do that myself if I practice without video. I've gotten into the habit of filming something every time I practice so I can monitor my progress as I go. If I try a new feel, I can get instant feedback, so if it doesn't work, I won't waste an entire session in training it.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I only mentioned it because I noticed @mvmac mentioned in a previous post that you were falling into old habits, and I tend to do that myself if I practice without video.

I've gotten into the habit of filming something every time I practice so I can monitor my progress as I go. If I try a new feel, I can get instant feedback, so if it doesn't work, I won't waste an entire session in training it.

+1 on this.  I film my drills and look at them at the range in between to make sure I am doing them correctly.  I do this at the start of the session.  Once I know I am doing it right, I stop filming unless I am going to send something in.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Editing my videos. Man, I suck. How the heck am I shooting to a 15? Video tonight.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Here is my vLog. I think I actually swing worse when filming myself, because I fell back on myself more than a few times in this round when filming myself. In any case I am a bogey golfer, so I suppose that's okay, but I prefer playing when I can't see myself. I play a teeny bit better too.

Next vlog, I will focus on my form more.

My promise is your entertainment.

I don;t know what happened to the resolution. It should have been in 1080p. Maybe it was too large a file.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

What was that awful bird squawking on the fourth hole?!

Wow, thanks for watching that much of my video. It was probably an indigenous parrot**.

I got a comment from another member that I need to work on my editing skills a little. Next one will be half the length, I promise. The other thing is to work on relaxing before each shot so that I can at least be as good as I am when not filming.

** We have wild parrots because a pet store burned down in the 50s and all the parrots were released so as not to be roasted alive. As a consequence we have thousands of parrots. They even fly in flocks together. Never new they did that. They also live a very long time.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Wow, thanks for watching that much of my video. It was probably an indigenous parrot**.

I got a comment from another member that I need to work on my editing skills a little. Next one will be half the length, I promise. The other thing is to work on relaxing before each shot so that I can at least be as good as I am when not filming.

** We have wild parrots because a pet store burned down in the 50s and all the parrots were released so as not to be roasted alive. As a consequence we have thousands of parrots. They even fly in flocks together. Never new they did that. They also live a very long time.

That would drive me crazy. Loud sucker.

It does seem like you spend a lot of time before a shot. I personally like a quick pause an fire before demons can creep into my thoughts. I'm not sure what works for you though.

- Shane

That would drive me crazy. Loud sucker.

It does seem like you spend a lot of time before a shot. I personally like a quick pause an fire before demons can creep into my thoughts. I'm not sure what works for you though.

I think I need a faster pre-shot routine, you're right the demons are entering my mind.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Here is my vLog. I think I actually swing worse when filming myself, because I fell back on myself more than a few times in this round when filming myself. In any case I am a bogey golfer, so I suppose that's okay, but I prefer playing when I can't see myself. I play a teeny bit better too.

Next vlog, I will focus on my form more.

My promise is your entertainment.

I don;t know what happened to the resolution. It should have been in 1080p. Maybe it was too large a file.

Very nice. Interesting looking course, too. Some views are almost resort-like. Others, well let's just say if high tension wires are your thing...

I'm surprised you shot 44, though. I wasn't keeping a running tally in my head, but it seemed like you had a decent number of pars.

I got a comment from another member that I need to work on my editing skills a little.

Yea, you can definitely do more trimming of the inconsequential stuff. Still enjoyed it, though.

Bill

My Swing Thread

Very nice. Interesting looking course, too. Some views are almost resort-like. Others, well let's just say if high tension wires are your thing...

I'm surprised you shot 44, though. I wasn't keeping a running tally in my head, but it seemed like you had a decent number of pars.

Yea, you can definitely do more trimming of the inconsequential stuff. Still enjoyed it, though.

The 3rd hole par 3 was a triple. I missed (2) 6" putts, it's in the video. :8) But. . ., people were hitting into me. They were short of the green, but still teeing off already.

I also managed to bogey the last two holes for similarly stupid reasons. The main thing is that by the time I get up the hill, I tend to rush through all my chips and putts.

BTW, it seems like the 1080p is working again. you should be able to see my ball land on the approaches and stuff.

If you come out to the CA, there are lots of affordable courses like this one.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

The 3rd hole par 3 was a triple. I missed (2) 6" putts, it's in the video.      But. . ., people were hitting into me. They were short of the green, but still teeing off already.

I also managed to bogey the last two holes for similarly stupid reasons. The main thing is that by the time I get up the hill, I tend to rush through all my chips and putts.

BTW, it seems like the 1080p is working again. you should be able to see my ball land on the approaches and stuff.

If you come out to the CA, there are lots of affordable courses like this one.

I think I would have good footage of me going off on some people.

- Shane

I think I would have good footage of me going off on some people.

I would have complained, but their attempts were pretty futile. I didn't want to make their day even worse.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

@Lihu watch those shoulder alignments at address. Shoulders are aimed too far right, left arm is above the right.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

@Lihu watch those shoulder alignments at address. Shoulders are aimed too far right, left arm is above the right.

Thanks, this is the first thing that stuck out like a sore thumb to me too. My shoulders are too open and my hips too closed. That and the fact that I am almost falling backwards on every shot.

This is just one set of things that explains why I can't take my driving range distances on the course.

Thanks for only making one comment, in that post. :beer:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 1505 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!