IGNORED

Would you ride the Golfboard?

Note: This thread is 2933 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This looks really interesting, but I feel it would be something I'd only use if I was trying to get in holes quickly before dark. A course near me has a deal where you can play 18 with up for four people for $20 (total) so long as you start after 5. It's a great deal if you get four people to come and the idea of fitting in a full 18 wouldn't be too unreasonable using something like this.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Pretty Cool !!!

Would like to see a means of placing or mounting the golf bag on the back of the board.

Mainly for safety and it would make the product more feasible to ride for many.

A tumble could lead to injury and or, damage to clubs with the clubs over the shoulder.

It would also give the person better reaction to regain balance under situations.

The other thing which would occur on occasion, if it could be designed to have a dual feature of becoming a pull cart when required to travel over certain terrain or up steep inclines, etc.

Thanks for sharing.

Club Rat

I think this option is awesome.. Added benefit of the seat!

Even with handlebars and a spot for the bag, it's got all the disadvantages of golf carts and few of the advantages. Nothing more than a novelty......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

There is far too much use of carts in golf. If you're fit, you should walk otherwise just go to the range and hit balls because its pretty much the same thing.

Agreed 100%. These guys in the commercial look too fit to need a handicap scooter to ride around on. Shame on them. Carts and gimmicks like this are for handicapped people who are unable to walk and enjoy the game as it was meant to be played. Why waste your money on a gym membership when you can golf and exercise at the same time?

Quote:

There is far too much use of carts in golf. If you're fit, you should walk otherwise just go to the range and hit balls because its pretty much the same thing.

""Why waste your money on a gym membership when you can golf and exercise at the same time?""

Nonsense - if you want to exercise, then exercise.  Golf is nowhere near enough of any kind of workout to make a difference for fit people.  Drive if that's what one finds fun.  Walk if that's what one finds fun.  If one is in lousy shape, then, by all means, walk - the doctor says it's good for you....it is.  But it's not 'exercise', it may cross the line into "activity".

Even with handlebars and a spot for the bag, it's got all the disadvantages of golf carts and few of the advantages.

Nothing more than a novelty......

It's still short the "novelty" aspect yet.  I'm not sold until has more pockets and storage for rain gear, has a built in grill and beer tap, and it comes in that size but is a hovercraft.

Bill - 

Agreed 100%. These guys in the commercial look too fit to need a handicap scooter to ride around on. Shame on them. Carts and gimmicks like this are for handicapped people who are unable to walk and enjoy the game as it was meant to be played. Why waste your money on a gym membership when you can golf and exercise at the same time?

Lol the video reminded me of...

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Quote: Nonsense - if you want to exercise, then exercise.  Golf is nowhere near enough of any kind of workout to make a difference for fit people.  Drive if that's what one finds fun.  Walk if that's what one finds fun.  If one is in lousy shape, then, by all means, walk - the doctor says it's good for you....it is.  But it's not 'exercise', it may cross the line into "activity". It's still short the "novelty" aspect yet.  I'm not sold until has more pockets and storage for rain gear, has a built in grill and beer tap, and it comes in that size but is a hovercraft.

Come and walk around my course and then tell me it's not exercise! There aren't many Americans ( and to be fair Brits these days) that couldn't do with walking five or six miles a few times a week.

You don't like the one Bubba drives?

http://thesandtrap.com/t/65960/bubba-and-his-hover-cart

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Quote:

Nonsense - if you want to exercise, then exercise.  Golf is nowhere near enough of any kind of workout to make a difference for fit people.  Drive if that's what one finds fun.  Walk if that's what one finds fun.  If one is in lousy shape, then, by all means, walk - the doctor says it's good for you....it is.  But it's not 'exercise', it may cross the line into "activity".

Agreed, walking a course and exercise are very different in my book.  Exercise is running 10+ miles and lifting weights. Walking during golf is an activity unless you're elderly and/or in poor condition and that's your only form of exercise.

Joe Paradiso

Come and walk around my course and then tell me it's not exercise! There aren't many Americans ( and to be fair Brits these days) that couldn't do with walking five or six miles a few times a week.

I'll try to get the time off and set a date.  Sounds fun.

But, in exchange, you do my workouts for a week.

and we'll compare notes.  (likely we'd both be the better for it)

Bill - 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robster 7

Horsehockey to both of you!!!  I get so tired of this elitist bullcrap.

• Upvote 1

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I agree. I like to walk, but I also like to ride. On top of that there are two course I know of that are around me (excluding the par 3 muni course) that even allow walking; and even at those courses you rarely see it because it isn't really presented as an option and it is the same price regardless.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

If a course had the boards for hire then I could get a few of my mates out more often. They like golf but not as much as me and don't come out as often. If these were there to hire then they would be calling me to come out and play. I walk and ride but I don't see golf as my exercise for the week, I just tell the wife that it is!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

I'm not sure what's elitist about saying people should use the two legs they were given instead of sitting around on their arses all day as is the fashion these days.

This statement just reinforces my previous comment.  You think you are somehow more pure because you walk, and you look down your nose at those who don't.  I used to walk, but I was never so full of myself as to think that it made me more of a golfer to do so.  Now I can't walk without pain, so I ride, and I have done so for about 10 years, since my mid to late 50's.  I could stock up on drugs and still walk, but I'd rather not.  It sure as hell doesn't make me less of a golfer than you are.  In fact, I'm probably a lot more dedicated to the game than you will ever be.

I've served as a volunteer hole marshal for PGA Tour competitions, as an on course rules official for state level amateur competitions, served on the board of directors as rules chairman for my men's club.  I play every round by the Rules of Golf, all of the rules which it is logically possible to follow on a busy course, and on any hole not so played, I use the USGA handicap manual to correctly adjust my returned score.  I respect the course and my fellow competitors, respect the etiquette of the game, and generally comport myself as a gentleman when I'm on the course.  None of that changes just because I ride when I play instead of walking.

• Upvote 2

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

You have clearly not read my original post properly because I said ' if you are fit' which you are clearly not. I have no issues with people using carts if it prolongs their enjoyment of the game, in fact no doubt, if I'm lucky enough to get to your age, I will probably need to do the same. My point was that far too many people don't walk when they are able to which is part of the endemic issue of inactivity in society today. I use carts myself if i'm in a rush etc but only occasionally because I don't get the same enjoyment of the course and find them anti-social if you're in a fourball anyway. There is nothing better for me than spending a few hours shooting the breeze with my friends playing golf and getting exercise at the same time. I'm not sure what you're rant about your past has anything to do with this conversation really, apart from you trying to be elitist :) It makes no difference to me if you've been captain of the R&A; really because it won't affect my opinion.

Note: This thread is 2933 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!