IGNORED

The Pro Tracer Compilation Thread

JetFan1983
Note: This thread is 2536 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There was an old thread on this from 2009 that only had one reply and some dead link. It never took off. Maybe this time around, it will. So I thought it better to start a new one rather than bump that up.

Pro Tracer Compilation thread, anyone? Okay, I'll start. Here are a couple British Opens from 2013 and 2010:

Also known as "tee tracker" or "shot tracker," or whatever... Pro tracer just sounds better to me.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I LOVE the tracer and despite being in the television industry...I still don't have a clue what they use to do it. It's probably some simple program. I assume the tracer is incredibly accurate?

Either way it's awesome.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

I LOVE the tracer and despite being in the television industry...I still don't have a clue what they use to do it. It's probably some simple program. I assume the tracer is incredibly accurate?

Either way it's awesome.

Yea, it's awesome. It really enriches the experience of watching golf for me.

I did a quick google search on how it works, and there were a bunch of links that popped up. Here's their website . I don't know how many different companies do this kind of stuff though.

Here's the extended version of that Rocketballz commercial from last season or whatever it was.

Constantine

Awesome feature I wish was still popular.  Miss it during NHL games too, that puck is hard to watch sometimes.

HaHaHa…Good one! I almost thought you were serious for a second.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

HaHaHa…Good one! I almost thought you were serious for a second.

@Ernest Jones .  The best thing to ever happen to NHL hockey in my opinion was HDTV!  I remember watching in the late '60s on a 12" black and white.  You could only tell if they scored if the sticks went up.

Same for golf.  The tracer really helps you see the curve of ball flight.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

@Ernest Jones .  The best thing to ever happen to NHL hockey in my opinion was HDTV!  I remember watching in the late '60s on a 12" black and white.  You could only tell if they scored if the sticks went up. Same for golf.  The tracer really helps you see the curve of ball flight.

Was never a problem in Canada, we can smell the puck. Hated the "Fox fire puck".

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I gotta give a thumbs up for the tracer. Even with our 50" plasma HDTV it's hard for these old eyes to follow the flight of the ball, even during some second shots. Be really cool if they could employ the tracer on all tee shots. And yes, I wear glasses... :-P

• 4 months later...

European Tour coverage uses it all the time where as it's like I'm lucky to see it used on PGA Tour coverage.  Though I like where golf channel is going with using it now more frequently on the range.

Titleist 913D2 9.5 (UST VTS 65)

Titleist 913F 15 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 913H 19 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) (DG XP-95)

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52,56,58) (DG XP-95)

Ping Anser 2 Classic

• 2 years later...

I was searching for this thread earlier, but posted this link in a different one about pro tracer.

https://www.youtube.com/user/DerGolfer123/videos

Anyway, I just stumbled on this guy's YouTube channel.  If you want to peruse compilations, this guy has plenty for you!

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, JetFan1983 said:

Haha funny thread bump... I can see why this didn't take off. Much easier to just head straight to Youtube for the goods. 

That being said, I use christopherMTLvideos for my pro tracer needs hehe.

Now if someone could just invent a way to have the tracer follow a real golf ball in the air, we would be able to scrap the lost ball search problem!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 11/13/2013 at 7:29 AM, Crim said:

Either way it's awesome.

I couldn't agree more. It has taken the golf watching experience to a new level.  It's very accurate and they are developing new applications for the technology like installing it at driving ranges to track shots for lessons, practice sessions and different types of games.  Very cool.

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

I love watching the ProTracer compilations on YouTube.  It's a fun bit of technology that is making golf a lot funner to watch for sure.

I need to download one of the iPhone apps to use when I'm out on the course with my buddies.

Driver: Cobra FlyZ | 9.5 Degrees Draw | Fujikura Pro 63 Tour Spec
Fairway Wood: Cobra F7 3-4 Wood | 14.5 degrees | Fujikura Pro 65
Hybrid: Cobra F7 3-4H | 19 degrees | Fujikura Pro 75H
Irons: Srixon Z545 (4-Iron) | Srixon Z 765 (5-PW)
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 | 50 F Grind | 54 M Grind | 58 K Grind
Putter: Odyssey O-Works 1W WBW

• 1 month later...
Note: This thread is 2536 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!