IGNORED

Would you do it? (Pay the Temperature)

Crim
Note: This thread is 3786 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So there's a golf course that I really want to play but it's normally VERY pricey...for me anyway, I can't afford to spend $100 on 18 holes very often ;)

Anyway, they do a special "pay the temperature" deal around this time of year...and this Sunday it's supposed to be 18 degrees with very little wind. I'm thinking about doing it, just throwing on some long underwear and a sweatshirt and go after it. 18 degrees = $18.

Would you do it? I'm pretty used to playing in extreme cold temperature as I played hockey outdoor in northern MN and Canada. I think I'm going to go for it :D

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

• Administrator

Even if you quit after nine it seems worthwhile.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Would they even let you out in those temperatures?

It seems we have a frost delay any time it is under 40 degrees in the morning.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Would they even let you out in those temperatures?

It seems we have a frost delay any time it is under 40 degrees in the morning.

I just emailed them to get some extra info like that question you just proposed.

They have a picture on their website that goes to 30 degrees but they just mentioned that they have a maximum of 65 degrees....they have no minimum that I know of.

Joel Holden

IF it doesn't get above freezing, odds are they wont even open. Greens would be like patios and you can damage them at those temps. Count on temporary greens and drives rolling and rolling on the cement hard fairways if they do open.

Ah, The Wilds! I knew I recognized that advertisement. I forgot that they do this deal. I live about 10 minutes from this course. I don't think I'd go out for a round at 18 degrees right now, but I know that every year they do a scramble event in the spring/early summer that is 55 bucks a person, which includes a cart and meal... So I'll be participating in that next season for sure!

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

scramble event in the spring/early summer that is 55 bucks a person, which includes a cart and meal... So I'll be participating in that next season for sure!

Oh nice! I'll hafta look into that.

Joel Holden

Neat idea. I wish courses in Canada did that. ;)

In certain parts of Canada they would have to pay you to play, eh? ;-)

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

I'd do it.

Definitely walk to help keep warm.  Keep a few balls in your pockets with some hand warmers.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

In certain parts of Canada they would have to pay you to play, eh?

Yeah, but here in So. Cal. we have to pay $55 to $90 or more in the winter. B-)

Too expensive.

Oops, hope I didn't make any enemies with this post. :whistle:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

But if you intentionally warm the balls with the hand warmer you are in breach of the rules.

I've never used hand warmers to warm my balls anyway. Just my hands.

Note: This thread is 3786 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!