IGNORED

Stacy Lewis a Sore Loser?

Tailgater
Note: This thread is 3763 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

She is a great player and she hates losing. While I like her competitive edge, she comes across as a sore loser every time she does not win and even when she does. When she won player of the year and attained the #1 ranking, her comments were more about Michelle Wie getting more attention than herself. She had the twitter flap earlier in the year regarding the fans in China. And on Sunday after losing to Lexi, she gave Lexi a brief hug and walked off the green. Is it a big deal? No. Do these small things add up? Yes.

What's In My Bag...
Driver: Callaway Razr X Black 10.5*
FW / Hybrid: Nike T40 4W 17* / Nike CPR 24*
Irons: Callaway Razr X HL 5I-SW
Putter: Nike Method Core Putter
Balls: Nike PD Soft

Am unable to warm towards her. Doesn't matter as lexi will blow past her to be the leading American player for years to come

Driver: TaylorMade RocketBallz 10.5-deg
Woods: Cobra Bio Cell+ 3W and 5W
Hybrids: Bobby Jones Workshop Hybrid 3 (20-deg) and 5 (25-deg)
Irons: Srixon XXIO7 from 6 - PW
Wedge: Srixon XXIO7 GW and SW

Putter: Bobby Grace DCT Captiva 34"; Ball: Sirxon Soft Feel; Shoes: Footjoy

It has to be frustrating to be the #1 player and not feel you're getting the respect and accolades associated with it.  I remember when Luke Donald was #1, the press and fans never saw him as anything more than a placeholder for Tiger or Rory, though he seemed to handle it better.

As for her criticism of the fans in China, it came off as sour grapes because of how she lost, but the officials didn't control the fans in China and it had to be difficult for all the golfers who aren't used to cameras going off while they are in the middle of their swing.

She definitely has a bit of a chip on her shoulder, but she had to overcome scoliosis just to get to this level so maybe she feels she's worked harder to get to the top and isn't getting the recognition she deserves.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I don't think I've ever seen anything bad about her. I like her as a golfer quite a bit.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yeah not a fan of hers at all. She comes off as a brat. She's crying about the lack of attention she's receiving.............who does that outside of Diva WR's

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

I think she is a tremendous player.  Not sure why you see it this way.  I have watched a lot of LPGA golf and don't get your impression at all.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Im a big fan of Stacy, mostly because shes a Mizuno staffer.  Shes overcome a lot in her life but at times she does come across as a sore loser.  She hates to lose and seems to wear her heart on her sleeve, which could come across as her being a sore loser.

Im actually OK with it.  Id rathar her do that than to come in 2nd and be all fake by saying how happy she is for the person who beat her.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I think she is a tremendous player.  Not sure why you see it this way.  I have watched a lot of LPGA golf and don't get your impression at all.

Yeah, same here.  I, admittedly, don't watch a lot of LPGA golf, but I've seen some and don't get that impression at all.  I'm not sure how much you can read into one "brief hug."  Isn't that what they always do?  They have to hug their caddy, the other players, and the other players caddies ... thats a lot of hugs to go through on the green.  And even if there was something to that hug, what does it mean?  Maybe those two aren't close friends.  Maybe Lexi said something mean and hurt her feelings.  Maybe she thought Lexi was sick and she didn't want to get her germs.  Who knows?

I need more than this. ;)

I can't see reading anything into the brief hug. I've seen plenty of very brief handshakes on the PGA Tour after a loss (and I don't have any problem with that either).

• Administrator

I missed the "brief hug" part.

You could take it the other way, too, @Tailgater - she wanted to get off Lexi's stage as quickly as possible. If she stuck around, she could be accused of hogging the spotlight.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Why do they have to hug anyway, just because they're girls? Totally ridiculous, they're co-workers (or colleagues) not BFFs from band camp. They should just shakes hands or make-out.

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

And on Sunday after losing to Lexi, she gave Lexi a brief hug and walked off the green.

Is there a hug guideline I can check out? Like that pamphlet the USGA made up for the anchoring rule.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Why do they have to hug anyway

Because stripping down to their underwear and pillow fighting would be inappropriate.

Well my post did leave room for making out as an alternative.

Maybe they should make hugging the custom for PGA too. It would awesome when Tiger's in a grouping with Sergio or Poulter! Jiminez would probably need some close watching though, he looks like a humper!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I advise you not to watch women's volleyball or you'll get more uptight than a fundamentalist cleric waking up in the middle of a San Francisco drag queen show. The teams hug, high-five, and slap butts after EVERY point, win or lose. I really don't understand that - it doesn't seem like a whole team can be that impacted from point to point by their mental games like players can be in tennis.

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

Maybe they should make hugging the custom for PGA too. It would awesome when Tiger's in a grouping with Sergio or Poulter! Jiminez would probably need some close watching though, he looks like a humper!

No, they should make them do that Miss Universe "I hate you, I mean congratulations" fake-kiss-on-both-cheeks thing.

I think if you interview anybody who's disappointed with how they played you'll get a similar reaction; it's just that some people are better at hiding it than others and I feel no differently whether they pretend it means nothing and smile or they're visibly upset with themselves.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Note: This thread is 3763 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!